Baseball is back? 60 game season incoming

DirtyDez

Wait...wait...just wait.

The MLB proposed a 72 game schedule at 70% prorated salary? LOL that's pretty much the same damn thing as 48 games at full prorated salary. So they thought it was fair to offer 24 games added FOR FREE. Yeah, sure, the players are the problem lmao.

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Wait...wait...just wait.

The MLB proposed a 72 game schedule at 70% prorated salary? LOL that's pretty much the same damn thing as 48 games at full prorated salary. So they thought it was fair to offer 24 games added FOR FREE. Yeah, sure, the players are the problem lmao.

They're both the problem, every offer on both sides has been a waste of time, the players included. Absolutely no effort on either side to meet in the middle. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They're both the problem, every offer on both sides has been a waste of time, the players included. Absolutely no effort on either side to meet in the middle. 

I don't know about you but when someone comes to me with a ****ty offer, I'm less likely to negotiate than if they came with an honest offer. The owners are being intentionally obtuse so there's no reason for the players to negotiate faithfully.

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I don't know about you but when someone comes to me with a ****ty offer, I'm less likely to negotiate than if they came with an honest offer. The owners are being intentionally obtuse so there's no reason for the players to negotiate faithfully.

Other than every day that goes by more and more of the actual people whose support pays their contracts become uninterested in baseball. This year it's going to have to compete with both basketball and football, good luck. Both the owners and players are being shortsighted in realizing that sacrificing a bit in the short term would help them out in the long run. Now when they finally agree on something (if they ever do) they'll be hurting short and long term. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

You literally could say the same thing about the players though. So its really funny you say that.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Other than every day that goes by more and more of the actual people whose support pays their contracts become uninterested in baseball. This year it's going to have to compete with both basketball and football, good luck. Both the owners and players are being shortsighted in realizing that sacrificing a bit in the short term would help them out in the long run. Now when they finally agree on something (if they ever do) they'll be hurting short and long term. 

You're not saying anything that we don't already know. That's still no reason to compromise and take the **** offers thrown their way. It is what it is. 

Also, MLB just secured a new $1 Billion contract for the playoffs from Turner Broadcasting. That doesn't include whatever they get from Fox either. Yeah, it's "not profitable" to own a baseball team lmao.

Edited by beekay414