• Ross Blacklock [ DT ] TCU
    • Tee Higgins [ WR ] Clemson
    • Trevon Diggs [ CB ] Alabama
    • Xavier McKinney [ S ] Alabama
    • Yetur Gross-Matos [ EDGE ] Penn State
    • Other (Please State)
    • [Leave Blank]

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/08/2020 at 05:59 AM

Example being, not a single Eagle fan think Jefferson is a fit. Look at the results. Not  a single Eagle fan voted for him. They know their team better than we do. 

As for the Vikings, they could (and should) go OL and DL with their first two picks, and most Viking fans agree with that assessment if you look at their subforum. However everyone who doesn’t pay attention to the Vikings in full detail just automatically wants to give them CB and WR. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I think that’s really rare and maybe in the 5%. Definitely haven’t seen it that bad. 

However, these mocks would work better if it’s one of those GM mocks and the twist being all the fans of that team vote for each pick and not just the GM. 

Well, yes it's a comic exaggeration. But not particularly, have a look at the mocks in the team sections yourself. 

I think these are fine as they are, just a bit of fun. Especially as there's zero posts on some teams boards. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

As for the Vikings, they could (and should) go OL and DL with their first two picks, and most Viking fans agree with that assessment if you look at their subforum. However everyone who doesn’t pay attention to the Vikings in full detail just automatically wants to give them CB and WR. 

That's not even accurate. Plenty of Vikings fans have voted for and advocated for Fulton.

Also, it's a bit arrogant to assume you know better than everyone voting here seeing as you're not even a Vikings fan yourself (which defeats your own argument). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

That's not even accurate. Plenty of Vikings fans have voted for and advocated for Fulton.

Also, it's a bit arrogant to assume you know better than everyone voting here seeing as you're not even a Vikings fan yourself (which defeats your own argument). 

I am not saying I know better than Viking fans, nor should I be allowed to vote. I'm saying the majority Viking fans I speak with want either two trenches picks, or one trench pick and CB. However, these two polls for the Vikings will probably end up being WR/CB.

The Jefferson situation is a prime example. Eagle fans know their team way better than any of us. Way better. If they all, universally say, Jefferson is not a fit, then he's not a fit.

These are fun, no doubt. Wasn't trying to sound "arrogant". Was just suggesting having only fans of that team vote in the future might adhere to more accurate results.

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I am not saying I know better than Viking fans, nor should I be allowed to vote. I'm saying the majority Viking fans I speak with want either two trenches picks, or one trench pick and CB. However, these two polls for the Vikings will probably end up being WR/CB.

The Jefferson situation is a prime example. Eagle fans know their team way better than any of us. Way better. If they all, universally say, Jefferson is not a fit, then he's not a fit.

These are fun, no doubt. Wasn't trying to sound "arrogant". Was just suggesting having only fans of that team vote in the future might adhere to more accurate results.

How would you know how the second Vikings poll will go? Again, plenty of Vikings fans have voted for Fulton. You can see for yourself, he's a popular choice there. Jefferson ending up being the selection because there was no consensus amongst Eagles fans for anyone else. 

Limiting these to fans only wouldn't work, because there just aren't enough posters on many team's boards. No approach would be perfect, but I always post a link on each team's forum to invite their fans over. Not trying to be precious about it, but this is supposed to be a fun group activity - not meant for accuracy. It takes a lot of my time to put together, so kind of doesn't feel great when people just whine about it. 

12 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

How would you know how the second Vikings poll will go? Again, plenty of Vikings fans have voted for Fulton. You can see for yourself, he's a popular choice there. Jefferson ending up being the selection because there was no consensus amongst Eagles fans for anyone else. 

Limiting these to fans only wouldn't work, because there just aren't enough posters on many team's boards. No approach would be perfect, but I always post a link on each team's forum to invite their fans over. Not trying to be precious about it, but this is supposed to be a fun group activity - not meant for accuracy. It takes a lot of my time to put together, so kind of doesn't feel great when people just whine about it. 

Wow. Was just offering a suggestion and in no way was discrediting the work you do here in the draft section. Was not whining or complaining in any way. At all. If it sounded that way, I apologize, but literally wrote those posts as happy as can be. You are the pioneer of this section and I would never stomp on your contributions.

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Wow. Was just offering a suggestion and in no way was discrediting the work you do here in the draft section. Was not whining or complaining in any way. At all. If it sounded that way, I apologize, but literally wrote those posts as happy as can be. You are the pioneer of this section and I would never stomp on your contributions.

Okay cool, all I'm saying is limiting to who can or can't vote doesn't make it a fun exercise for everybody.

10 hours ago, swede700 said:

I personally think Fulton is a no-brainer decision.  I just don't think the need is that high for a DE that I'm grabbing one in a weak class of them.  I understand the argument of taking YGM, I just don't agree, as I think Fulton is far superior to the others mentioned...and it's not even close to me.  He's a full level up from Gladney and 2 levels above Diggs and Johnson. He is the BPA and the best value pick.

Yep I agree

10 hours ago, swede700 said:

I personally view Blacklock as a better fit for the VIkings at 3T than Gallimore, who I view more as a NT...and they just signed one.

Yes we signed Pierce because we don't know what how the draft will fall. IMO Gallimore is a far more impactfull player than Blacklock will be year one. Pierce would still serve as a 4-5 year veteran and give some much needed depth on the D-Line. Blacklock is a reach, Madubuike is a slight reach as well but I have him projected late first early second. I'm not trying to say I hate Blacklock as I have him graded as a mid second round pick, I just would rather the Vikings didn't reach here in the early rounds. 

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

That’s the problem with Non-Fan voting. They don’t know that team anywhere close to the actual fans. 

Same thing with Cardinals to. Media is obsessed with giving them a RT when you go to a third party Cardinal Forum, any Cardinal Social Media Outlet, and they are crucifying the media and want Defensive BPA. 

Yet you post like you know every team better than anyone else...those who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.