• Ross Blacklock [ DT ] TCU
    • Tee Higgins [ WR ] Clemson
    • Trevon Diggs [ CB ] Alabama
    • Xavier McKinney [ S ] Alabama
    • Yetur Gross-Matos [ EDGE ] Penn State
    • Other (Please State)
    • [Leave Blank]

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/08/2020 at 05:59 AM

The Vikings need to build trenches and add a CB.and WR.  The draft is deep at the latter two positions with the opportunity to fill those needs on day 2.  Meanwhile Jackson is probably the last OT who could project as a day 1 starter and YGM is in a similar position in a weak edge year. 
I went YGM first since the team has LT options with Reiff and ONeill. 
Jsckson second because he upgrades the LT position and the team can move on from Reiff. 
Fulton 3rd as he is the best  player in position of need. 

I could easily see the team going Fulton and hoping one of the other two is available at 25. 

2 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

thats pretty much how I look at it. if YGM is there at 25, great! we'll revisit him then. When you have Hunter on one side, you can mix and match the other base and end up more than fine.

That's where I was going with it.  If he's there at 25, fine...maybe he'll be considered, but I'm not taking him at 22 with Fulton still on the board.  And if he's not there at 25, I'm fine with that too...he's not all that far superior and has a higher upside than a guy like Greenard who you might get in the 2nd or 3rd.

I went #22 YGM (because he is a good talent, and the drop off afterwards is significant coupled with crappy class)

At #25, I would take Jackson OT (if available)….. because there is going to be an OL run between 28-40

CB in round 2 (because it is a deep class and its a need)

WR in round 3 (because it is a deep class, and the position gets lower utilization on Viking squad)

Edited by CriminalMind
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Kristian Fulton is the pick everyone. The Vikings have lost:

-Trae Waynes

-MacKensie Alexander

-Xavier Rhodes

Right now their starting corners are Mike Hughes (who can't stay healthy) and Holton Hill (who can't stay sober).

There is no way a corner is NOT the draft pick here. But pick your favorite between Fulton, Diggs, Gladney, and Jaylon Johnson. But the right pick is a corner. They can look at something else at 25 but they need to address the CB situation and add a starter.

They can easily get CB at 25, and a guy who is a better scheme fit for them than Fulton will be on the board, Jaylon Johnson. 

Trenches is a bigger need than CB. 

Honestly I wouldn’t be shocked if Vikings went OT/DE first round, CB second round, and WR third round. 

• Like 2

That’s the problem with Non-Fan voting. They don’t know that team anywhere close to the actual fans. 

Same thing with Cardinals to. Media is obsessed with giving them a RT when you go to a third party Cardinal Forum, any Cardinal Social Media Outlet, and they are crucifying the media and want Defensive BPA. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That’s the problem with Non-Fan voting. They don’t know that team anywhere close to the actual fans. 

Same thing with Cardinals to. Media is obsessed with giving them a RT when you go to a third party Cardinal Forum, any Cardinal Social Media Outlet, and they are crucifying the media and want Defensive BPA. 

With the Vikings, mocks have been heavily influenced by Stephon Diggs. First, taking his brother at CB. Then going WR in the first when he was traded.  I don’t think either were/are likely, but they are the easy  general assumptions. 

3 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

With the Vikings, mocks have been heavily influenced by Stephon Diggs. First, taking his brother at CB. Then going WR in the first when he was traded.  I don’t think either were/are likely, but they are the easy  general assumptions. 

It’s easy to assume the opposite. Why trade a WR for a 1st, and replace him with that 1st? Odds are you don’t get a WR as good as Diggs and the WR class is deep anyways. And the Vikings need serious trench work. 

I’d actually be shocked if the Vikings took a WR in the 1st. 

7 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Kristian Fulton is the pick everyone. The Vikings have lost:

-Trae Waynes

-MacKensie Alexander

-Xavier Rhodes

Right now their starting corners are Mike Hughes (who can't stay healthy) and Holton Hill (who can't stay sober).

There is no way a corner is NOT the draft pick here. But pick your favorite between Fulton, Diggs, Gladney, and Jaylon Johnson. But the right pick is a corner. They can look at something else at 25 but they need to address the CB situation and add a starter.

Why Fulton over the others? That's my biggest thing. Does he fit a scheme better, or do you personally just feel that he's the better player than someone like Johnson or Gladney or whomever? 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Why Fulton over the others? That's my biggest thing. Does he fit a scheme better, or do you personally just feel that he's the better player than someone like Johnson or Gladney or whomever? 

I personally have Fulton a cut above the remaining then the other all kinda grouped together. Fulton specifically, he fits the press man that zimmer asks his corners to do. He wants them to be steady in run support which Fulton has shown the ability to. Some of those issues are technique which the Vikings can clean up, but he shows the willingness to fill the lane and initiate contact.

But my last paragraph does state pick your favorite corner of the group. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

To be fair, most mocks in fans forums start out like this: 

Pick 31. Jerry Jeudy  - I can see a scenario where he falls to us here 

Pick 63. K'Lavon Chaisson - If Chaisson is still on the board, I'm pulling the trigger here guys

Just now, goldfishwars said:

To be fair, most mocks in fans forums start out like this: 

Pick 31. Jerry Jeudy  - I can see a scenario where he falls to us here 

Pick 63. K'Lavon Chaisson - If Chaisson is still on the board, I'm pulling the trigger here guys

I think that’s really rare and maybe in the 5%. Definitely haven’t seen it that bad. 

However, these mocks would work better if it’s one of those GM mocks and the twist being all the fans of that team vote for each pick and not just the GM.