LA Chargers for Hardknocks, LA Rams as well... again

Duluther

I dont mind this. Both Chargers and Rams are opening up their new stadium this season. Maybe the Chargers draft Tua or at least draft Herbert or Love with their 1st round pick so that will be big for them. The Rams have of course McVay then we will see Ramsey big personality. Will suck not seeing Gurley but we will get a chance to see Henderson and why the Rams were high on him enough to trade up in the 3rd round to grab him in last years draft. Also it will be fun to see Whitworth as well as seeing what Hekker has in store for the cameras. So yeah I dont mind it at all.

To me this screams like a Goodell move and pushing it on HBO to do it. He wants to grow the LA market for making an overly expensive stadium that he requested teams to pay for. The fanbase for Chargers is almost nonexistent (unfortunately) and he has to save face on the moves to LA. What is so interesting about the Chargers with Tyrod Taylor as your QB and Lynn as HC, maybe with the hope they draft a QB like Tua at 6? Rams would have been more interesting after the superbowl run but now I would have gone after an up and coming team like Arizona if they had to stay in the west division. These 2 teams seem unappealing and would have been more interesting to see the Bucs with all the press on Tom, as much as I dislike the guy. Carolina could have been different with the fact of a College HC and new squad being built. Colts with the addition of rivers may not be a huge appeal but a better option then the chargers and with the rams recently doing it. New QB, new coaching staff, rookie qb, a rising star at Wr or Rb would have been more exciting. I just do not see the appeal to have both of these teams. Its like having the jets and giants do it because they share the same stadium too.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, N4L said:

I thought the rule was that teams that made the playoffs once in the last 2 years were not eligible to be selected? Both of these teams made the playoffs 2 years ago

I believe that rule only applies to teams that can be forced to do it.

I assume these two "volunteered" because of the new stadium

2 hours ago, N4L said:

I thought the rule was that teams that made the playoffs once in the last 2 years were not eligible to be selected? Both of these teams made the playoffs 2 years ago

Rams must have agreed to it. They also were on it 4 years ago which believe would have made them exempt from being forced into it too.