LA Chargers for Hardknocks, LA Rams as well... again

Duluther

I'm assuming this is due to COVID-19. One team couldn't supply a whole season's worth of material, so they're hoping that there will be enough content between the two of them to make up for an abbreviated off-season. With that in mind, really LA and NY/NJ were the only options. Going with LA fills an alternative agenda of trying to force those teams down "fans'" throats so that the "fans" actually care about them (cuz that works).

I still would much rather see Jacksonville continue self-destructing, the drama with Yannick, and Gardner Minshew just being himself. 

Tampa Bay would also have been an excellent choice, as well, seeing the culture change with TBxTB being a thing now. That would probably be must-watch television.

The Dolphins are also a much more exciting team this off-season than the Chargers with all of the changes and trying to build off their momentum of not looking horrible at the end of last season. We get to see Ryan Fitzpatrick and probably Tua at QB. Regardless of which rookie it would be, it would be entertaining with the beard there. And then you have all of the personnel changes and their loaded draft capital... Could be very good television.

Basically any Florida team probably would have been a better choice than LAxLA.

5 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

I'm assuming this is due to COVID-19. One team couldn't supply a whole season's worth of material, so they're hoping that there will be enough content between the two of them to make up for an abbreviated off-season. With that in mind, really LA and NY/NJ were the only options. Going with LA fills an alternative agenda of trying to force those teams down "fans'" throats so that the "fans" actually care about them (cuz that works).

I still would much rather see Jacksonville continue self-destructing, the drama with Yannick, and Gardner Minshew just being himself. 

Tampa Bay would also have been an excellent choice, as well, seeing the culture change with TBxTB being a thing now. That would probably be must-watch television.

The Dolphins are also a much more exciting team this off-season than the Chargers with all of the changes and trying to build off their momentum of not looking horrible at the end of last season. We get to see Ryan Fitzpatrick and probably Tua at QB. Regardless of which rookie it would be, it would be entertaining with the beard there. And then you have all of the personnel changes and their loaded draft capital... Could be very good television.

I also think the fact that the Chargers can't even get fans to come to a game was a factor. Rams were added to bolster the viewership ratings.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 4:36 AM, HoboRocket said:

Said no one..... ever

On 4/7/2020 at 8:18 PM, BroncoBruin said:

Outside of a potential fist fight between Chris Harris and Keenan Allen, don’t see much captivating TV here. 

Thats not entirely true. Last time we got the gem of learning Goff is so dumb he doesnt understand time zones or how the sun/earth work. I vividly remember asking my 9 year old son the next day and he knew the answer.  

2 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:
15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

ACE, is that You? 

Austin Ekler will rush for 2100 yds

So you are related, Gotcha! 😎 I mean you did have some doozies last year. I couldn't imagine the Eagles sitting here with the #1 pick in this years draft. Wish that prediction actually came true in hindsight. 

• Like 1