Week 3 GDT - City of Angels

KC_Guy

13 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

From the SNF game day thread 

They aren't really, but they are competent. We will have our hands full getting penetration, particularly without Ford.

I am less impressed with their defense and ST. Overall, we're better but we need  to prove it.

J

Trent Williams is excellent, but other than that their OL really isn't anything amazing. I doubt Ford would've had much success against Williams anyway, to be honest. It's a game where we need Houston and the interior to capitalize on the more beatable right side and middle of their OL.

4 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Trent Williams is excellent, but other than that their OL really isn't anything amazing. I doubt Ford would've had much success against Williams anyway, to be honest. It's a game where we need Houston and the interior to capitalize on the more beatable right side and middle of their OL.

The whole unit is good, though maybe not the Cowboys. That is a divisional team, so you know the Redskins aspire to that level. FBO has Washington top 10 in run blocking and #17 is pass blocking. Both are ahead of us , but they haven't played Philly and SD.

8 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Hmm ... pass rush didn't show up big at LAC from either side ... rushing 3 or 4 all the time won't get it done.

Pressure was there enough to matter. We pressured Rivers on both of the first two INTs. Jones had at least 3 near misses on sacks throughout the game. It wasn't anything like the Philly game, but the pressure was there enough. Rivers is a quick decision kind of guy similar to Brady, so there's going to be a lot of plays with just no opportunity for pressure.

Archived