Looking at WR Fits in the 2020 NFL Draft/Jonathan Wood

soulman

3 minutes ago, RTD said:

Wow. That is flying.I believe either one would be a huge plus in opening up the field. Willie Gault never had great numbers but was able to get double teamed alot and open up the field. At the very least the safety would favor his side on most plays.

It's insane speed. I think we have to take a speed WR there. If we're trying to be the Chiefs, we are sorely lacking in the speed department.

3 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Welp.. Raegor is expected to go 20-32 along with Mims.

If we're convinced that either is the real deal, it might be worth the trade to come up a few picks to secure the 5th year option for one too

Iirc Ben Albright believes the Broncos are looking at Reagor for their 1st round pick.

16 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Welp.. Raegor is expected to go 20-32 along with Mims.

If we're convinced that either is the real deal, it might be worth the trade to come up a few picks to secure the 5th year option for one too

Wait... upon what are you basing this?

14 minutes ago, G08 said:

Wait... upon what are you basing this?

every single draft sim, and just about every draft board ive seen recently.... Mims is gone by pick 25, Raegor typically is off the board by 32 and only occasionally on the board past the first round... I haven't seen him mocked or simmed to our pick or later in a while.

9 minutes ago, Epyon said:

every single draft sim, and just about every draft board ive seen recently.... Mims is gone by pick 25, Raegor typically is off the board by 32 and only occasionally on the board past the first round... I haven't seen him mocked or simmed to our pick or later in a while.

Neither Bucky Brooks, Daniel Jeremiah, Mel Kiper or Todd McShay have Raegor going top 32

38 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Iirc Ben Albright believes the Broncos are looking at Reagor for their 1st round pick.

I think you're confusing Raegor with Ruggs

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Neither Bucky Brooks, Daniel Jeremiah, Mel Kiper or Todd McShay have Raegor going top 32

I think you're confusing Raegor with Ruggs

I was going to say...

Neither Reagor nor Hamler are in Jeremiah's top 50 either. I'm confident one of them will be there at 43.

Aiyuk is my guy, but I’m coming around to the idea of Michael Pittman Jr. too. He’s an example of a guy who isn’t fast (4.52) but is a deep threat because of his elite size and high point ability. He also breaks a lot of tackles after the catch.  He’s also a strong short to immediate route guy with the size to dominate in the red zone. His NFL.com player comp is Courtland Sutton (yes please), and Joe Marino has his comp as Dwayne Bowe (also yes please). I think he likens well to Alshon Jeffrey who despite not being a burner definitely stretched the field for us. 

Underrated, we may also need someone who can fill some of the role Miller has the past 2 years because he may not be healthy, and Pittman can play as a big slot or outside. Further underrated, at present we still don’t have Allen Robinson under contract beyond 2020, and while that isn’t expected to stay that way it’s at least potentially an issue after this season. 

17 minutes ago, Epyon said:

aiyuk had "core muscle surgery" today fyi...     Curious to know what the issue was, and/or why he waited until now to get a surgery on it.

What I saw was he had it now so as to be fully healed by TC but that it was the issue that kept him out of the Senior Bowl. May as well now given that there’s unlikely to be any team activities in the next 6-8 weeks anyway. 

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

We have about 20 all around possession receivers.   We need a guy who can take top off a defense.

We keep bringing in guys who run blazing times and then they don't even make the team.   So it isn't just about speed, but a speed guy people respect is who we need.

If Kevin White was coming out this year we probably be clamoring for him, lol.

Just to add to this, speed isn't just about how fast a player can run a 40 either. Any NFL player can run a straight line downfield.

Can he fight off defenders on the line while keeping control of his feet and have the burst to break off?  Does he have the awareness to manipulate the secondary when he gets there? Can he move through traffic in zone coverage's while at full speed? Can he time his routes while moving at full speed (turning his body/head toward the QB at the right time without exposing the play)?  Can he locate the ball in mid-air while moving at full speed?  Can he "feel" the field and know when to drag his feet on the sidelines -- VERY important to WR's who are asked to be "deep threats" in any system.

Eff a 4.3 guy. Give me a guy who has a strong understanding of the game with a good work ethic and relies more on his mental ability than he does his physical ability. These are guys that spend hours on film dissecting the opposing secondaries to discover individual weaknesses and exploits in the scheme and these are the guys who go on to have an illustrious career.

Edited by JustAnotherFan
  • Like 1