• QB
    • TE
    • WR
    • OL
    • DL
    • LB
    • Trade
    • Other

I think it ends up being a trench player from either side of the ball; Isaiah Wilson on offensive line or AJ Epenesa from the defensive side. 

If it were up to me, I'd go with a pass catcher; Tee Higgins given the most likely scenario.

I'm not sniffing a TE until Round 3 given this draft class.

I think the Patriots trade out of the first round. Of course in years when I am almost certain that they will trade down they pick some one.

On the TE note: I understand that this isn't suppose to be a great year for TEs and last year was, but who ended up being a good TE from last years draft? (serious quest as I can't think of anyone)

7 hours ago, jofos said:

I think the Patriots trade out of the first round. Of course in years when I am almost certain that they will trade down they pick some one.

On the TE note: I understand that this isn't suppose to be a great year for TEs and last year was, but who ended up being a good TE from last years draft? (serious quest as I can't think of anyone)

Yeah I always think a trade is likely with us. It's a good estimate.

No TE took off from last season, but only the two Iowa boys were really touted. Fant didn't do much, and Hock got injured but still wasn't quite living up to his billing. Will probably be a good starting TE his career though if he stays fit. 

15 hours ago, jofos said:

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah I always think a trade is likely with us. It's a good estimate.

No TE took off from last season, but only the two Iowa boys were really touted. Fant didn't do much, and Hock got injured but still wasn't quite living up to his billing. Will probably be a good starting TE his career though if he stays fit. 

As prospects, Hock and Fant were probably two of the better ones this decade, and they happened to be in the same class (and college team). Only goes to show how steep the learning curve is for TE in the NFL. The only TE I can think of who took off from the very start in recent memory was.....probably Aaron. I have reason to wonder if he was ever going to end up better than Gronk. And look what Gronk turned out to be. Crazy how special that should have been. 

I voted QB however.

Pull a Redskins a la RGIII/Kirk Cousins. Draft either Fromm or Hurts in the first, then another find another QB later either in the draft or UDFA.

They try to give the team better odds as quickly as possible. Belichick respects the Shannahan’s. Mike did this. Kyle has had multiple QB’s vying for starts in any given season. Belichick drafted Brissett in the third round shortly after drafting Jimmy in the second and while Brady was still there. Wouldn’t be unlike Bellycheck to surprise people and “reach” for a prospect in this scenario that he likes at QB after getting Stadhim last year and then come right back again and double dip this year if the value is good like Shannahan and the ‘skins did in 2012.

5 minutes ago, silence22 said:

Traded to the Colts for picks #34 (2nd) and #75 (3rd).

That would be for Jordan Love

OR

What's more likely, is the Chargers trade picks #37 and #71 to get Jalen Hurts.

Pats then pick Fromm at #37 and have four third round picks to play with.

Jake Fromm is absolutely terrible and looked undraftable in the final quarter of last season. He held Georgia back.

I'm fine with Jalen Hurts, but Fromm cannot put on Flying Elvis helmet.

Edited by Elky