• TE
    • WR
    • OL
    • DL
    • LB
    • Trade
    • Other

8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Chargers trade picks #37 and #71 to get Jalen Hurts.

This might be the trade . It's perfect for both teams.  Their coach loves Sharod Taylor and his running style . They get there future (same style) QB, Hurts

The Pats 1st pick at 37,  Cole Kmet.  That's who I want and I also want Moss later as well.  Forgot  also draft a 3rd Joshiah Deguara [ TE ] Cincinnati. I never want to see the crap they put on the field last year again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OCuRI6Kfk8

Edited by m haynes

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

This might be the trade . It's perfect for both teams.  Their coach loves Sharod Taylor and his running style . They get there future (same style) QB, Hurts

The Pats 1st pick at 37,  Cole Kmet.  That's who I want and I also want Moss later as well.  Forgot  also draft a 3rd Joshiah Deguara [ TE ] Cincinnati. I never want to see the crap they put on the field last year again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OCuRI6Kfk8

Thanks, but really I would be surprised if they went tight end heavy. Kmet is nice but not exceptional at anything. I believe the first tight end weapon taken will be Hunter Bryant.

12 minutes ago, jofos said:
1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Am I the only one who wants nothing to do with Thad Moss?

You may be, but I will not be disappointed if we don't get him.

I just feel like he is only useful as a redzone target. He needs to be schemed into catches, which is why he works in the RZ more than other places because you are more likely to scheme your large TE in that spot of the field. He is an adequate blocker at best IMO. I feel like draftniks and fans just want him to be better than he is due to pedigree. Maybe I am just projecting... idk. 

11 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Thanks, but really I would be surprised if they went tight end heavy. Kmet is nice but not exceptional at anything. I believe the first tight end weapon taken will be Hunter Bryant.

I want no part of Bryant unless we take a 2 way TE before hand.  I would draft him no earlier than the 4th RD. He can't block to save his life. We need a TE that can do both. Pats will be a run 1st offense going forward.  The 2 TE in this class that can do both are Kmet and Moss.

I would stay away from Adam Trautman as well. Pats can't miss drafting a TE. I would go with the guys that played in the "big boys" league.

Edited by m haynes

I want no part of Bryant

I wasnt saying anything about the Pats taking Bryant, just that he will probably be the first one taken. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes late in the first even.

Kmet is a very mediocre blocker. I would even go so far as to say he was below average on a lot of snaps in college.

Edited by DoleINGout

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

I wasnt saying anything about the Pats taking Bryant, just that he will probably be the first one taken. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes late in the first even.

Kmet is a very mediocre blocker. I would even go so far as to say he was below average on a lot of snaps in college.

I don't agree. The 1st TE off the board will Kmet.  The next will be Trautman,. Bryant will be lucky to see the 3rd RD.  Kmet blocking needs work however he has the size to become a good blocker as well catching the ball.  He 21, 6'6' 262 lbs and they say he will get bigger without losing his skill set. 

Bryant is a glorified WR with no blocking skills. He also has medical history with his knee.  Injury history draft killer IMO.  I would take Dalton Keene over Bryant. Same size and numbers but Keene gives you so much more, for one, he can block.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dalton-keene?id=32194b45-4565-8464-1166-98afe41da3cd

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/hunter-bryant?id=32194252-5939-1906-e1a0-351b1c3f5c6d

Edited by m haynes

5 hours ago, m haynes said:

blocking needs work however he has the size to become a good blocker

This is said every year about someone. Kmet may be the first tight end taken, however it won't at all be for his instinct/effort/technique as a blocker. It would surprise me if Bryant or Kmet weren't the first tight end draft.

5 hours ago, m haynes said:

is a glorified WR

This is also usually said every year. I believe the same things were thrown out about Aaron Hernandez who also had some medical things in college, albeit less concerning than his character profile.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

This is said every year about someone. Kmet may be the first tight end taken, however it won't at all be for his instinct/effort/technique as a blocker. It would surprise me if Bryant or Kmet weren't the first tight end draft.

This is also usually said every year. I believe the same things were thrown out about Aaron Hernandez who also had some medical things in college, albeit less concerning than his character profile.

There's a lot said on every player and every draft. I do all the things everyone else does concerning players. IMO Kmet blocks however he need to put more effort into it, as well as using his hands.  I do not like Bryant's game. He doesn't block period. In the NFL he won't have a chance even if he tries. He will be overwhelmed at POA.  So that makes him a Big WR with 4.7 speed. No thanks.

Also HB can only be used in the flex position where I would play Harry. Who will end up there anyways because he's to slow for the out side. Lastly I want speed in the passing game. Something we sorely lack.

Edited by m haynes

Also HB can only be used in the flex position where I would play Harry

Again, I'm talking about Bryant the prospect - not Bryant the Patriot. We are now comparing Kmet and Bryant after discussing the top tight ends in this years draft.

Washington didn't seem to use Bryant as a blocker at all. He was a slot receiver and H-back. I'm sure he can contribute similarly to how Justin Jefferson did for LSU last season. LSU used Jefferson, a true wide out, as a flex and he had a real impact blocking even though he was generally smaller or overmatched physically. Bryant, if used similarly in the Pro's, would likely be as effective, if not more so, since he is bigger.

Regardless, as an NFL prospect, Bryant is rated highly because of his effectiveness as a receiver capitalizing on mismatches.

8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Again, I'm talking about Bryant the prospect - not Bryant the Patriot. We are now comparing Kmet and Bryant after discussing the top tight ends in this years draft.

Washington didn't seem to use Bryant as a blocker at all. He was a slot receiver and H-back. I'm sure he can contribute similarly to how Justin Jefferson did for LSU last season. LSU used Jefferson, a true wide out, as a flex and he had a real impact blocking even though he was generally smaller or overmatched physically. Bryant, if used similarly in the Pro's, would likely be as effective, if not more so, since he is bigger.

Regardless, as an NFL prospect, Bryant is rated highly because of his effectiveness as a receiver capitalizing on mismatches.

Let's say we agree to disagree.

Not sure what to say about TE. We needed one last year (a good one, earlyish) and it never came. This year, the prospects aren't as good and we still need one.

We had Dawson Knox, who Buffmafia think is awesome, sitting there for ages - we didn't pull the trigger. I believe Higbee was a genuine FA option, which we didn't really explore. This year, we have Tyler Higbee's ceiling comp (Kmet) as the number 1 TE and people are expecting us to use an early draft pick on him?

I can almost guarantee we don't draft a TE of (relative) note this year, and may end up with one in the 5th-7th. One you're not expecting or liking. A Ryan Izzo. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

A Ryan Izzo. 

Would be Jared Pinkney in the sixth round or there about. Decent blocker, large frame, some success in college as a receiver.

Cole Kmet I would be happy with as a pass catcher, but he scares me a little from a bustability standpoint.

I'm really not sour on Matt LaCosse, just need him to stay healthy. And I really am excited for Dan Vitale.