Sign in to follow this  
Phinsesq

Tua at 5

90% of the analysts that say they wouldn't pick Tua top-5 or top-10 because of his "injury risks" are dinosaurs. Tannenbaum, Michael Lombardi, Gil Brandt, etc. Most younger analysts that are more in-tune with the current affairs of the league say you take a homerun swing on the best player.

I know which side I align with.

And just like that, more reports starting to come out that it's either Tua or Andrew Thomas at 5.  Please, God, let it be Tua.  Then trade up from 18 to get one of the OTs.  Trade back from 26 to recoup some of the picks lost by trading up from 18.  

On 4/17/2020 at 7:45 AM, hrubes20 said:

You  must not have followed the Dolphins much.  They are the kings of being in perpetual draft purgatory.  They will win 5-7 games every year to avoid getting a premium pick.  

Been saying it for 6 months...Call the Raiders and offer #5 and #56 for #12, #19 and Carr.  It’s a lot to give up if you’re the Raiders.  But Gruden might overpay a bit to get “his guy”.  

Miami doesn’t have the coaching staff to develop QBs.  Miami’s new style offense fits Carr to a T.  Quick get the ball out of your hands and accuracy.  That’s what he is.

Take the best OT at #12 or Kinlaw, Josh Jones at 18, pass rusher at 19 and safety or Ruiz at 26.  That would be a haul! And you would still have #39.

If you find the Carr isn’t your guy, you release him after 2020 (basically no cap hit) and you offer both Firsts and a second in 2021 for Lawrence. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rgossett07 said:

Been saying it for 6 months...Call the Raiders and offer #5 and #56 for #12, #19 and Carr.  It’s a lot to give up if you’re the Raiders.  But Gruden might overpay a bit to get “his guy”.  

Miami doesn’t have the coaching staff to develop QBs.  Miami’s new style offense fits Carr to a T.  Quick get the ball out of your hands and accuracy.  That’s what he is.

Take the best OT at #12 or Kinlaw, Josh Jones at 18, pass rusher at 19 and safety or Ruiz at 26.  That would be a haul! And you would still have #39.

If you find the Carr isn’t your guy, you release him after 2020 (basically no cap hit) and you offer both Firsts and a second in 2021 for Lawrence. 

The Jags are going to be really tough to beat in the Lawrence sweepstakes.  I wouldn't even consider that a reasonable Plan B at this point.  

That haul would be extremely tempting, but I just can't pass on Tua.  He's a future top 5 QB in the league good if he stays healthy.  I desperately want that again.

Edited by hrubes20

22 hours ago, Rgossett07 said:

I liked the idea of a Carr trade prior to the start of last season, but with Carr's improvement within Gruden's system I don't think they are looking to move him, so any value on a trade for Carr is long gone IMO.  Additionally, I don't think Gruden is looking to develop a rookie QB, it's not what he does.  Tanking again in hopes of Lawrence is a possibility but a tough reality, especially since we don't know what the draft will look like in 2021 being there may not be an actual NFL season in 2020.

If Tua is available at 5 and we pass I will be extremely disappointed.  Especially if we take an OT!!!  It just reminds me too much of what would Parcells do, and yet our GM and HC come from the Parcells Football Tree.  OMG, Don't do it Grier!!!! 

Ok.  I promise not to freak out this year if the Fins don't do what I want.  

Unless they pick Justin Herbert.  Or even worse, trade up to pick Justin Herbert.  Then I riot.

Damn, you's guys just bluffed Detroit and NYG, had the stones to keep your picks and still got the guy you wanted. That's a huge sequence of events.

Congratulations Dolphins fans.  You made the right pick.  Tua is going to be great.  Just gotta pray for him to stay healthy. 

Posted (edited)

edit:  delete

Edited by Uncle Buck
Posted in the wrong forum

Thank you Chris Grier, Brian Flores and Stephen Ross ! Let's turn this franchise around once and for all

I think it was the right pick. Not because I'm that confident in Tua, but because if you backed out and he turns out to be good you'd never live it down/