2010s Thriller - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

PS I Hate Gone Girl, that movie is lame and Rosamund Pike is one of my most hated actresses, but she is a real B in this movie so works out perfectly for her, no big surprise.  

it's my favorite musical of the decade

Parasite (should have been nom'd for friggin comedy you troglodytes and clot-chasers)

Gone Girl

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Black Swan

Spotlight (I can sense you genre puritans russlin' your jimmies)

BTW; there are so many Thrillers I've been meaning to watch, You Were Never Really Here, Burning, Handmaiden, Nightcrawler, Nocturnal Animals etc.

Nominations:

Prisoners  (If Sicario is one then this is as well)
The Wailing (only put it in because did not see it before the nomination for horror, PS is better than Hereditary.  What Alien and Aliens are thrillers as well since not nominated in horror)  
The Killing of a Sacred Deer   
The Purge  
Bone Tomahawk

Honorable mention, but honestly this category will be all over the place because it is not very defined at all.  And if one considers anything gory to be out then two of my nods could be out.

Animal Kingdom  (really has a great ending)
Wind River  (is more a crime drama or mystery but that is not a category here)
Sicario  (more action in many ways but still a fine movie)
Doctor Sleep  
Foxcatcher  (very underrated film that has some great parts)
Nightcrawler

Just now, Malfatron said:

noms

Green Room

Blue Ruin

The Hateful Eight

Ready or Not

Bone Tomahawk

Love The Hateful Eight no question, awesome film and super underrated and is not shown as much on TV as it should be.  Bone Tomahawk I like again and true it could go here.  I do wish they did not have the hint that they were actually 'aliens' with the whistle inside of their throat and all, as if they were born that way and it was apart of them.  Really kind of ruined the end of a otherwise great movie, I will actually change my nods and put that one in.  And since Western style movies have little place in these categories might as well put some in.  

Just now, seminoles1 said:

The Town

Prisoners

Nightcrawler

Hell or High Water

Sicario

I love Hell of High Water, another great Western style movie but hard to categorize, could fit here sure.  Absolutely agree with Prisoners, that is a damn good movie and Jake Gyllenhaal is great in it!

8 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Contagion.  ( I think that at the very least, in the present climate, it should get to particpate in the "play-in" game of the tournament)

Get Out

Shutter Island

Nightcrawler

Joker

Looking forward to the 2000's list!

Joker was pretty predictable I thought, cool movie but so damn dark.  I would say Joaquin did not do a better Joker than Heath did, even though he was clearly the main character and Heath was on screen for what 33 minutes.  Guess more one can pick apart with Joaquin for sure, but still I would say Heath's was better.

I think the 1990s could be very impressive with the amount of quality there for this category.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:
And since Western style movies have little place in these categories might as well put some in.  

There is literally next to nothing in the historical origins , inspirations, and developments of the genre that would indicate westerns have thematic or production styles aligned with what we call thrillers.  If anything westerns more than anything else are the origin of the modern action film. 

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Joker was pretty predictable I thought, cool movie but so damn dark.  I would say Joaquin did not do a better Joker than Heath did, even though he was clearly the main character and Heath was on screen for what 33 minutes.  Guess more one can pick apart with Joaquin for sure, but still I would say Heath's was better.

I think the 1990s could be very impressive with the amount of quality there for this category.

I think the odds of a Brad Pitt movie winning for the 90s in this category are very high...Se7en and Fight Club definitely two favorites imo.

3 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

There is literally next to nothing in the historical origins , inspirations, and developments of the genre that would indicate westerns have thematic or production styles aligned with what we call thrillers.  If anything westerns more than anything else are the origin of the modern action film. 

Yes, but Bone Tomahawk is a thriller I feel as a movie.  Slow at times maybe but there are more than a few thrilling points in it but yes few if any other Western style movies could be thrillers.  Then again No Country For Old Men I have as one in the 2000's.  And I made the comment about Westerns because few if any are nominated and clearly few fit a category because in a way they are a category in themselves.

2 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I think the odds of a Brad Pitt movie winning for the 90s in this category are very high...Se7en and Fight Club definitely two favorites imo.

Agreed, but there are many more than just those movies to nominate in the 90s, and I am surprised Fight Club was not nominated as comedy by some.