2010s Thriller - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Noms:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Drive 

Source Code

The Hunt (2012)

Argo

Honorable Mentions: 

Sicario 

Looper

Zero Dark Thirty

Split

Nightcrawler 

The Town

Black Swan

Good call on Drive, that was a very cool movie.  And The Hunt 2012 was a damn good movie I agree and was interesting.  Curious if I will nominate these movies as thrillers, because all could be one arguably and all are great movies.  

Blade Runner
Blood Simple
True Romance
Dark City

52 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Good call on Drive, that was a very cool movie.  And The Hunt 2012 was a damn good movie I agree and was interesting.  Curious if I will nominate these movies as thrillers, because all could be one arguably and all are great movies.  

Blade Runner
Blood Simple
True Romance
Dark City

given the HUGE inspiration and homage to Metropolis, clearly Dark City is a musical.

11 minutes ago, animaltested said:

The lack of Black Swan here is concerning.

I bet If Natalie Portman was digitally deepfaked into being Jake Gyllenhaal, you guys might actually give it the consideration is deserves.

It was a good movie. Wouldn't care at all if I never saw it again. 

23 minutes ago, animaltested said:

The lack of Black Swan here is concerning.

I bet If Natalie Portman was digitally deepfaked into being Jake Gyllenhaal, you guys might actually give it the consideration is deserves.

It is a good movie and Natalie Portman is great in it.  But the hallucinations get a little much, basically it gets to the point in the movie where you believe nothing that is happening on screen because it all seems like oh this is a hallucination or she is dreaming or whatever.  The lack of what is reality in the film kind of lost it for me.  I would vote for it as a drama more than a thriller.  

Black Swan is a great flick and deserve to make it to the poll IMO, but it isnt for me. Not a huge fan of pure thrillers like that were it pushes that anxious nerve throughout its run time. Just not the feeling I like my entertainment to give me. 

31 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

It is a good movie and Natalie Portman is great in it.  But the hallucinations get a little much, basically it gets to the point in the movie where you believe nothing that is happening on screen because it all seems like oh this is a hallucination or she is dreaming or whatever.  The lack of what is reality in the film kind of lost it for me.  I would vote for it as a drama more than a thriller.  

but the same thing is perfectly fine in Fight Club...

smh

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Noms

Inception

Prisoners

Shutter Island

Knives Out

Sicario (if you haven't seen the 2nd one, don't. Just, don't.)

I wanted to add 10 Cloverfield Lane, but it fell short.

the 2nd Sicario is great in its own way. But only if you understand what actually happened, which most don't.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Knives Out

Interesting. I loved this movie and think it deserves a spot in a polling phase but I don't think it will have a genre consensus to get there. To me its a black comedy all the way. 

• Like 1