The I Howie Roseman Draft

Weagles

Channel your inner Howie. You are now Howie. Today is 2020 draft day 1.  If you have not figured this out yet, this is an exercise in fun.

State of the Eagles Roster as seen by me, Howie. Not what I say because some of it is just unbelievable BS miss direction.

• I probably need to upgrade/replace the WR group.
  • Jordan Mailata is my only backup tackle.
  • I spent all the money on Defense.

My past draft performance

• 10 picks in two years and half are busts or on the way to busts.
  • I am only an average GM when it comes to picking talent.
  • I trade more frequently than most GMs.
  • My trades are good to average in value.

Time now to draft. I used a simulator to keep me honest on trades and picks.   https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

Draft Strategy of me Howie:    More picks = more chance of success. Starting number of picks 8.

It's going to take next year's first to move into the 12-15 range. So while I Howie Roseman may have said I would be aggressive in getting a wide receiver I don't think the top three are worthy of this kind of value.

#21   A run on QB, OT, and defense leaves; Wow, a choice in heaven.  Cee Dee or Mims or Jefferson plus who cares. No risk taking here. Cee Dee Lamb wide receiver Oklahoma is the instant upgrade. Go Team Howie. Luck beats skill any day.

#53   Still no OT worth taking. Choice between Shenault and Aiyuk. Honestly could go either way but I Howie Roseman, wants one of them. Laviska Shenault wide receiver Colorado gets the pick. His quarterback fearlessly tossed contested shot after shot his way and usually under pressure. Wentz is more accurate and may extend the life of this receiver. Ha ha, now no one can say the Eagles Wide Receivers have not improved from worst in league.

#103   Not worth a pick to move up and get a developmental OT who can play either side.  A run on linebackers strips all the talent that could have been starters this year. Need a starter or at least someone who will make the roster. Bryan Edwards WR is still on the board. Should be long gone but there he is. Guess he does not fit every offense but what a great fit with Cee Dee, Shenault and Wentz. The pick is Bryan Edwards WR South Carolina and the commentators go wild talking about the Eagles using Their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to upgrade wide receiving. Not many would use that strategy but hey I am Howie Roseman and this is a day 2 conference call I can make.

#127   I wonder why the defensive coordinator camped outside my door last night. Did I not spend all the money on that side of the ball? Well there is a certain DT from Penn State that would look really good right now but no, I am Howie Roseman. I have a plan. I know what we need and at what value. The pick is in. Darrynton Evans Running Back App State. Speedy, change of pace, special teams, not the starter but suited up and playing every game which is more than most of the picks on the third day can say about their rookie year. Was that the door to the draft room being smashed open?

#145   Help, security,  angry defensive coordinator has taken control of the draft room. The pick is the best available on the defensive side of the ball and may actually play this year. Kamal Martin OLB Minnesota. There is potential here and some cost savings. I guess I Howie Roseman can own this pick if I have too. It wasn't part of the plan.

Security comes in and order restored. I had to give a bone to the Defense for peace to prevail.  We will return the to Howie show now.

#146   Still relying on Jefferies, Jackson, and Ward. Opportunity to clear up some cap space next year. The pick is Quintez Cephus wide receiver Wisconsin. Yes 4 wide receivers in one draft and a historic wide receiver draft at that. Now there is competition at camp. Now the NFC East defensive coordinators have to worry. This guy is a workhorse. His turnaround routes are sweet. He can take hit after hit and keep on catching. With speed opening up the mid range this guy gets the traffic routes. Anyone need a big time wide receiver with a contract to prove it and willing to swap next year's 4s?

#168   Remember that bone to the defense? Here is where they get it. Someone who will play in situations and rotation this year. Someone who has great upside. A position of value. A miss match. The pick is  D. J. Wonnum DE South Carolina. Best of all he does not cost much and I Howie Roseman need all the savings I can get.

#190   Well I, Howie Roseman am feeling pretty good about this draft. 4 WR, 1 RB, 1 OLB, 1 DE and all should play and get better. Still no OT worth taking. Going to have to load up on the o line in the UDFA. I could help out special teams, or get a developmental project player. What I really need though is someone to help with all the Wide Receiver Talent I have amassed with my draft. Someone who can chuck the ball and possibly develop into a tradeable commodity. Yep I have a QB in mind and they already have worked with pick #53.  The pick is Steven Montez QB Colorado. Wow, I get the same boos as the Commish. What ever. If I was perfect I could not improve.

Lets review the Howie genius.

I probably need to upgrade/replace the WR group.

• Cee Dee Lamb wide receiver Oklahoma
  • Laviska Shenault wide receiver Colorado
  • Bryan Edwards WR South Carolina
  • Quintez Cephus wide receiver Wisconsin

Maybe I can improve my draft bust ratio with these guys. (prediction 2 will get injured in the preseason)

Jordan Mailata is my only backup tackle.

• Oops. No one is perfect.
  • Better go see what's available in the trade market.
  • Jason Peters come on down and lets talk numbers.

I spent all the money on Defense.

Well I have 4 years of savings on skill positions on offense.

WOW no trades and I Howie Roseman used all the picks I had at the start of the draft. This is so unreal.

• Like 1