Falcons reveal new uniforms

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

at best this is a poor assumption. Not going to touch on it more than saying im not what you described in that post , live in atlanta. and hear/see it called ATL all the time. 

Thats exactly from our own website on the front page when they were talking about them last week.   If you have a problem with that then i highly suggest you go talk to Arthur Blank himself and tell him you are offended or something lol.  With your woe is me self when it had nothing to do with you i ain't got time for your shenanigans anymore be gone xD

Edited by FalconFan13

12 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Thats exactly from our own website on the front page when they were talking about them last week.   If you have a problem with that then i highly suggest you go talk to Arthur Blank himself and tell him you are offended or something lol.  With your woe is me self when it had nothing to do with you i ain't got time for your shenanigans anymore be gone xD

again, not going to touch on this too much specifically. Can you post this thing you saw that only included the specific group you mentioned. And if so, why did your post say you were guessing that it was that group? 

Anyway, uniforms look fine, and when games actual start the criticism of how they look will likely be forgotten.

16 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

It's more of an Atlanta thing in rap songs and a culture type thing.   From what i heard their was alot of Celebs and artists brought in to help design them from Atlanta.  So im guessing Migos, Luda, 2 chains, TI, Outkast,  lil john etc... were in on it  Quite  a ton of their songs say ATL instead of Atlanta in them.   I hated it when i 1st saw them but im willing to give them a chance during game day to see if it stands out to much in action.  I might end up liking it who knows it's only a few letters lol.

This is patently false, FF. Atlanta has been referred to as ATL since the 50s when the Airport got put in.

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

correct, its not a cultural or race thing as he said.

1st off i never once said it was a Race thing ever i said it was a cultural thing and their is a big difference there.  The culture of Atlanta is different than most cities and people of all colors say it in atlanta and the metro area.   It's our thing that most other people outside of georgia do not do.  How you got that mixed up as being a race thing i have no clue as it was never intended to be. 

Here is the quote from the website itself on the design of it.

REFLECT THE MODERN PROGRESSION OF ATLANTA

Atlanta is known as much for diversity and culture as it is for innovation and creativity. From music and design to business and technology, the city of Atlanta influences everything. The Falcons have a proud tradition of bringing people together from all walks of life, so the new ATL mark is placed proudly and prominently across the chest of the new uniforms as a reflection of a city constantly on the rise. A three-letter combination recognized around the world; it is only fitting the Falcons represent the ATL on a global stage.

It literally talks diversity and Culture in the actual design of it like i was saying it lol.   Im also looking for the posts where they said they were bringing in the celebs and artists to help out with the design because thats a big part of our culture that we all love.

You took it as a negative where i considered it a positive for the city and love that culture.

Edited by FalconFan13

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

This is patently false, FF. Atlanta has been referred to as ATL since the 50s when the Airport got put in.

I never said it hasn't been around awhile nor did i say it hasn't been used for a long time. All i said was that more people in the metro area use it than anywhere else and it's in our culture.  Thats why that guy up there said he had never heard it before.  Thats not to say other places and people don't know about it they just don't use it like we do.  As we were raised around it and heard it from alot of people around here.   Which in term alot of the artists and celebs around here do put in their songs these days to give the city a little flare.  Nothing i said was false just added more facts about our culture to it which is fine and true as well.

34 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

1st off i never once said it was a Race thing ever i said it was a cultural thing and their is a big difference there.  The culture of Atlanta is different than most cities and people of all colors say it in atlanta and the metro area.   It's our thing that most other people outside of georgia do not do.  How you got that mixed up as being a race thing i have no clue as it was never intended to be. 

Here is the quote from the website itself on the design of it.

REFLECT THE MODERN PROGRESSION OF ATLANTA

Atlanta is known as much for diversity and culture as it is for innovation and creativity. From music and design to business and technology, the city of Atlanta influences everything. The Falcons have a proud tradition of bringing people together from all walks of life, so the new ATL mark is placed proudly and prominently across the chest of the new uniforms as a reflection of a city constantly on the rise. A three-letter combination recognized around the world; it is only fitting the Falcons represent the ATL on a global stage.

It literally talks diversity and Culture in the actual design of it like i was saying it lol.   Im also looking for the posts where they said they were bringing in the celebs and artists to help out with the design because thats a big part of our culture that we all love.

You took it as a negative where i considered it a positive for the city and love that culture.

DIversity means litterally "different things" and youre trying to make it one thing. From youre quote directly...

" Migos, Luda, 2 chains, TI, Outkast,  lil john" 

Thats all rappers, the culture of atlanta is way more than that. Im done now as dont want this to get into breaking forum rules.

8 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

DIversity means litterally "different things" and youre trying to make it one thing. From youre quote directly...

" Migos, Luda, 2 chains, TI, Outkast,  lil john" 

Thats all rappers, the culture of atlanta is way more than that. Im done now as dont want this to get into breaking forum rules.

Fair enough we can drop it here as it's easily noticeable that the way you took it and the way i was meaning it to be is 2 different things.  I apologize if you somehow got offended by it and took it the wrong way.  I was proudly putting that up there as im apart of that culture as i love rap, hip hop and R&B.   Thats where it's most famously known in and displayed the most and i love that about our city and embrace it.  So again im sorry GSU as it was not meant to offend you but more so meant to brag about a culture that i love and was raised in.

Also as a peace offering this is the video from our site i was talking about on the design of them with the celebs and mostly rappers :) Im not saying thats all we have here thats just what the face of Atlanta is because their famous :P

Edited by FalconFan13