Will Brees stay without Payton?

BossierWhoDat

Will Brees stay without Payton?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. If this season continues to go as it has and Payton leaves, will Brees stays with the Saints?

• Yes! Don't be silly, Brees is one with New Orleans! Plenty of gas left in the tank.
    • Yes. He retires as a Saint and we have another reason to party!
    • No. He wants one more ring and signs with a Superbowl-ready team.
    • No! He and Payton are joined at the hip; he follows Payton.

Just now, whodatworm23 said:

I think (my prediction) is that Sean Payton is traded this offseason and Brees signs a 3 year deal with a contender... Saints go into complete rebuilding mode.

I think this is the most likely scenario.  I'm not sure Brees has three years left though.  At least not three elite/top 5ish years.  If he can find a top ten defense, then they'll have a serious shot with Brees playing at just an above average level.  I think he understands his time is coming and New Orleans is a train wreck.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I think this is the most likely scenario.  I'm not sure Brees has three years left though.  At least not three elite/top 5ish years.  If he can find a top ten defense, then they'll have a serious shot with Brees playing at just an above average level.  I think he understands his time is coming and New Orleans is a train wreck.

I would put Brees at 2 more years after this at the top 3-5 range, and then a top 10 for another 2-3 after that.

• Like 1

Just now, Raves said:

I would put Brees at 2 more years after this at the top 3-5 range, and then a top 10 for another 2-3 after that.

Maybe, the modern game is easier on QBs health, but that puts him at 43 still playing at top ten level.  If this happens, he will shatter every record in the books.

• Like 1

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

Right, but you'd have to think some of them will. They always do.

We keep saying someone will, but really no one has.  The most likely are guys like Goff/Mariota jumping into the top 10, but more than likely guys will be dropping out faster as well.  What Brees does well doesn't require great arm strength or mobility, it's mostly about timing and recognition.

1 minute ago, Raves said:

We keep saying someone will, but really no one has.  The most likely are guys like Goff/Mariota jumping into the top 10, but more than likely guys will be dropping out faster as well.  What Brees does well doesn't require great arm strength or mobility, it's mostly about timing and recognition.

Yes, however, Brees does like to through through tight windows, and that's gonna be auto intercepted if he develops a 2015 Manning arm.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Yes, however, Brees does like to through through tight windows, and that's gonna be auto intercepted if he develops a 2015 Manning arm.

I think if Brees' arm declines taht much he would retire.  He knows his body and seems to take care of it better than Manning does, especially since Manning had that major injury which probably affected the length of his health.

1 minute ago, Raves said:

I think if Brees' arm declines taht much he would retire.  He knows his body and seems to take care of it better than Manning does, especially since Manning had that major injury which probably affected the length of his health.

Possibly.  I hope he can play til he's 50.  I like the guy and want to see him win another superbowl, even if it can't be here.  I wouldn't mind seeing him hold every record in the books either.

• Like 1