#19 Pick: Who do you think it'll be? Who do you want it to be?

MrOaktown_56

I'll start here as well:

1.AJ Terrell

Has the Clemson pedigree, HWS, and fluidity that the FO love.

2. AJ Terrell.

He just looks so smooth. Decent ball skills. Good tackler. Not a ton of weaknesses in his game. I didn't mind his play in the LSU game (was in good position a lot of the time) and did very well against Alabama the prior year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

So you just want Terrell?

1.) Jaylon Johnson

2.) Jeff Gladney

Different body types, but both are tough and quick corners 

I should probably make a list, but I went for 1 guy. All the guys you mentioned are also good fits.

I just have a good feeling the more I watch Terrell. He's one of the most physically gifted corners in the class too.

Not really feeling anybody in this range. If I had to choose, I'd want Yetur Gross-Matos, but I'm not sure of the fit here with so much invested already at EDGE.

Who I think Grudock will select will be Jaylon Johnson

Edited by Justwinning

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Honestly I think the only good move here is a trade down.  If we don’t tho a CB like Terrell or Johnson.  Any pick we make here though will not be a good value.

I agree with this barring a surprising prospect drop. But they do happen every year so you never know.

There's about 5 guys I want at 19, mostly because there wont be a sure fire guy worthy of the pick by a considerable margin over a handful of others. I'd like Fulton, Baun, Mims (if WR isn't taken at 12), Kinlaw (think there's a better chance he falls to 19 than us taking him at 12), Gross-Matos in that order. 

I'll say Fulton is the pick after taking Lamb at 12. 

Fits the pedigree of being a big time recruit, from a big school in a big conference, with a proven track record (particularly at DB), has the size, length, and speed, and has a nice mix of production (only allowed 40% completion rate the last two years) and upside. Fills a position of need as well. I could easily see any of the corners being taken though, and I think a trade down is probably the front offices preferred option currently. 

Edited by Mr Raider
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I agree with this barring a surprising prospect drop. But they do happen every year so you never know.

Yes... very true.  If you look at The consensus of mocks....

QB: burrow, Tua, Herbert

WR: lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs

OT: thomas, Wills, Wirfs, bechton

DL: young, d.brown, Kinlaw

LB: simmons, Chaisson

DB: okudah, Henderson

Will all be gone by the 17th pick. 18 is Miami (or possibly they trade it to move up) and then we’re up.  So it only takes 2 prospects to move into the top 17 OR just one prospect and Miami passes on the falling player too

I’m seriously considering hiring some cell phone hackers to get a weed gas mask of one or two of these guys phones!

who could slide in there:

QB: Love

RB: Swift, Taylor (doubtful)

WR: Jefferson, Mims, Higgins, Aiyuk

OL: J.Jones, A.Jackson

DL: Gross-Matos, Epenesa, Blackstock

LB: Queen, Murray, Braun

DB: Delpit, McKinney, Fulton, Diggs, J.Johnson, Terrell

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I should probably make a list, but I went for 1 guy. All the guys you mentioned are also good fits.

I just have a good feeling the more I watch Terrell. He's one of the most physically gifted corners in the class too.

I can see Terrell he is very similar to Mullens a little more speed, but I'm starting to think if Henderson fell there he would be the pick, i don't think his tackling is bad.