#19 Pick: Who do you think it'll be? Who do you want it to be?

MrOaktown_56

Henderson most likely won't be there. Im not really sold on any of these third tier corners (Fulton, Johnson, Terrell, Gladney, Diggs) at #19.

I think i might be leaning towards Gross-Matos. Premium position, fits the scheme, and you can never have enough pass rushers. 

Lamb at 12 and Gross Matos at 19 would be a good get for me in the first round.

• Like 1

I see a lot of mocks with a trade down at 19 but in reality I just don't see us being able to trade down so easily, there is unlikely to be a player there that would entice a trade up IMO, more hope than expectation so with that said, i think we'll take a WR at 12 and I would take Lamb there if available.

I would take CB Jaylon Johnson at 19 but I can see us taking CB AJ Terrell. I dont think the FO will value a LB enough to take here and I dont see any if the big names falling this far but who knows? Every year one or two guys fall...... 

1.Who do you think the Raiders select based on who is available? AJ Terrell. With a year like this where there are no meetings with the players no pro days no bring the players into the facility. I think the Raiders will go back to Clemson where they obviously have a great connection with the coaching staff over there and can use that to get information on AJ that they trust.

2.Who do you want to select at 19, (try to be realistic). Patick Queen or Kenneth Murray. I don't value any of the CBs aside from Okudah or Henderson that high. I think a CB at 19 is terrible value especially when you have three 3rd round picks that you can package up and trade up into the second round a get way better value for a CB. People won't like the LB pick but injuries happen and getting a LB like Queen or Murray is the final piece to that LB room. PG scheme is good enough to where you can have all three LBs on the field especially when they go to the double a gap. Queen and Murray have shown to be excellent blitzers and can easily come off the edge or drop into coverage. 

23 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I don't value any of the CBs aside from Okudah or Henderson that high. I think a CB at 19 is terrible value especially when you have three 3rd round picks that you can package up and trade up into the second round a get way better value for a CB.

It's not better value if you have to spend 2 picks to get 1 player.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I think a CB at 19 is terrible value especially when you have three 3rd round picks that you can package up and trade up into the second round a get way better value for a CB. People won't like the LB pick but injuries happen and getting a LB like Queen or Murray is the final piece to that LB room.

I'm not in agreement with this, assuming both picks are successful and neither would bust then a starting outside CB would be way more valuable than a 3rd LB as we already have our MLB Kwit and Littleton at SLB or WLB (I think he fits slightly better at SLB). I understand you think we can use all 3 LBs together but in this day and age I think we'll have 3 safeties on the field almost as often, unless Queen or Murray would take Kwits spot on 3rd down which I can't see as a rookie 

I can see preferring Murray or Queen to say, Johnson or Terrell as a player but I don't buy that the LB would be better value. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

1.Who do you think the Raiders select based on who is available? AJ Terrell. With a year like this where there are no meetings with the players no pro days no bring the players into the facility. I think the Raiders will go back to Clemson where they obviously have a great connection with the coaching staff over there and can use that to get information on AJ that they trust.

2.Who do you want to select at 19, (try to be realistic). Patick Queen or Kenneth Murray. I don't value any of the CBs aside from Okudah or Henderson that high. I think a CB at 19 is terrible value especially when you have three 3rd round picks that you can package up and trade up into the second round a get way better value for a CB. People won't like the LB pick but injuries happen and getting a LB like Queen or Murray is the final piece to that LB room. PG scheme is good enough to where you can have all three LBs on the field especially when they go to the double a gap. Queen and Murray have shown to be excellent blitzers and can easily come off the edge or drop into coverage. 

I also want to add Joran Love to this as well as for who I want the Raiders to pick. I stan for Jordan Love and his potential and raw ability is just too much for me to not die on this ship. That raw potential may scare some people but the reward outweighs the risk for me. ****Ducks***

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I also want to add Joran Love to this as well as for who I want the Raiders to pick. I stan for Jordan Love and his potential and raw ability is just too much for me to not die on this ship. That raw potential may scare some people but the reward outweighs the risk for me. ****Ducks***

I really don't think Love makes it to pick 19. Historically teams always trade up for QBs on draft day. I think like 15/17 of the QB's selected in the first round and 7 of those QB's were selected by teams that traded up. 

I want: A trade back to pick up a round 2 pick. With the later 1rd pick I would want Terrel or Brandon Aiyuk(if we dont go WR at 12.)

What I think will happen: Not good enough offers to move back. Still picking Terrell at 19. Same pick just with less value higher in 1st.