#19 Pick: Who do you think it'll be? Who do you want it to be?

MrOaktown_56

On 4/8/2020 at 6:44 AM, OldManWillis said:

Who I want: Kenneth Murray

Who Raiders take: AJ Terrell

I really wanted Murray at #19 until they brought in Littleton and Kwiatkoski. You have to think they will be the starters which would make Murray either a role player (because we play nickel a lot) or a depth guy and I just don't think we can afford that for a first rounder.

As MrOaktown 56 indicated Terrell looks like a clone of Mullen and has had too much emphasis put on that one game against LSU. Obviously I would prefer we trade #19 for a lower first then get Terrell anyway (maybe something like trade #19 and #91 for #26 and #56 with Miami as an example).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heart of Oak said:

I really wanted Murray at #19 until they brought in Littleton and Kwiatkoski. You have to think they will be the starters which would make Murray either a role player (because we play nickel a lot) or a depth guy and I just don't think we can afford that for a first rounder.

As MrOaktown 56 indicated Terrell looks like a clone of Mullen and has had too much emphasis put on that one game against LSU. Obviously I would prefer we trade #19 for a lower first then get Terrell anyway (maybe something like trade #19 and #91 for #26 and #56 with Miami as an example).

Feel Murray's going to be an excellent player in the league and has the mentality and leadership that the front office values.

I know its unlikely we pick him, for all the reasons you and others have said, but damn it'd be nice to have that bada** homegrown LB lol. 

• Like 1

I'm not buying into Clemson. My gut tells me winners are part of building a dominant locker room. Clemson didn't win. 

CB is too risky round one. It's like bust city. Reggie Robinson in ANY round is better value. 

Clelin Ferrell is such an interesting player bc I think hybrid front. He can play DE in a three or four man rush and I wonder if he can bulk up and play DT. 

With his versatility, that opens up the possibility of EDGE with the 19th pick. When it comes to first round picks, you gotta get something. These DTs and CBs bust too much. 

What I want is nasty defense. And what I'll take is some nasty offense. 

1) K'lavon Chaisson EDGE

He is in this 4-3 LB mold. I think he works best working off another guy's butt. Speed. Relentlessness. The man is a menace. 

2) Yetur Gross-Matos EDGE

I think he is in the mold of a modern day EDGE. He can set the edge by himself. He will be a problem for the LT all day long. He's got good hands. Long arms. And a quick first step. This is just HOF written all over him. Of course you gotta win.

3) KJ Hamler WR

Not a Penn State fan. But I am a fan of speed. Hamler is 4.3. No doubt about it. The slant he ran away from the whole Ohio State defense confirms that. Little gadgets along with his boy CeeDee. Yeah, that'll be fun.

4) Kenneth Murray LB

He was the first guy I watched this year. Checking out CBS Sports prospects. No clue at all. Had him rated some 73rd. I was like ha. Speed. Range. Mauler. Engulfer. He reminds me of LaVar Arrington. I swear I hate Penn State. Side to side speed. Big. Tall. Athletic. Physical presence. Availability of substitutes: Logan Wilson. Who will be All-Pro.

5) Zack Baun LB

Classic early 2nd rd pick that falls and you get a steal. He's a football player. He has good tangibles and is productive at the meat and potatoes conference. The Big Ten. He's another 4-3 OLB. Not quite physically imposing enough to stick at EDGE and wreak havoc all day long. Has good enough speed. Need to confirm ability to cover TE. Because that's where he'll play.

Chaisson is the most risk of this list. Yet, he provides the greatest reward. There is a trade out there. Trade up for Lamb. Trade down for Hamler. Trade up with Cleveland two spots and give them Derek Carr. 

No DBs. 

If you do trade down. You can trade for Patrick Peterson. A la Charles Woodson. 

Edited by Raidersfan1

14 hours ago, Heart of Oak said:

That's a really good trade. The 91st pick is a spot where you need a freak fall down like Arden Key. Or you sack up and take a guy who will go 4th rd and you take him early. 

I'd almost throw in Carr and keep #91. Let 'em have Cam and Carr down there. Carr has a good contract going forward. 

On 4/8/2020 at 12:23 AM, Darbsk said:

I see a lot of mocks with a trade down at 19 but in reality I just don't see us being able to trade down so easily, there is unlikely to be a player there that would entice a trade up IMO, more hope than expectation so with that said, i think we'll take a WR at 12 and I would take Lamb there if available.

I would take CB Jaylon Johnson at 19 but I can see us taking CB AJ Terrell. I dont think the FO will value a LB enough to take here and I dont see any if the big names falling this far but who knows? Every year one or two guys fall...... 

Jordan Love could be a guy that teams trade up for in the 19th spot. Or Tua. Or Herbert. Someone will fall. I think. A lot of trade down is teams don't want to trade down. We got two firsts so we're more likely to trade down. Teams will be more likely to deal with us bc our ask is more realistic. It takes two to tango.

If there is a run for QBs, still, maybe, teams trade up for Jacob Eason. Out of pure necessity. Like I like Colts there. They know they can't sit on 34/44 and expect QB to be there. Jalen Hurts is another one. Someone will come up for a QB. And it all depends on Detroit. Miami. LAC. CAR. JAX. And how hungry they are for QBs. And then at what point do teams say we'll just sign Cam Newton. 

1 hour ago, Raidersfan1 said:

Jordan Love could be a guy that teams trade up for in the 19th spot. Or Tua. Or Herbert. Someone will fall. I think. A lot of trade down is teams don't want to trade down. We got two firsts so we're more likely to trade down. Teams will be more likely to deal with us bc our ask is more realistic. It takes two to tango.

If there is a run for QBs, still, maybe, teams trade up for Jacob Eason. Out of pure necessity. Like I like Colts there. They know they can't sit on 34/44 and expect QB to be there. Jalen Hurts is another one. Someone will come up for a QB. And it all depends on Detroit. Miami. LAC. CAR. JAX. And how hungry they are for QBs. And then at what point do teams say we'll just sign Cam Newton. 

We need a QB to be there really that a team is high on, I cant see a team trading up for a receiver, defensive lineman or linebacker, maybe if one of the top 4 OTs fall could be another scenario. As you say, someone will fall but just hoping its a position that teams value enough to give up a second round pick for.......

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

We need a QB to be there really that a team is high on, I cant see a team trading up for a receiver, defensive lineman or linebacker, maybe if one of the top 4 OTs fall could be another scenario. As you say, someone will fall but just hoping its a position that teams value enough to give up a second round pick for.......

Scenario 1:

QB will go 1 (Burrow)

Another QB will go BY 5 or 6 (Tua?)

QB could also go 6 (Herbert)

Once you get past here. JAX is a possibility. After that, we're in line to be the team for a trade up for QB. Because those teams are set at QB and will just take position players. And like I said, we'd be more inclined to take "less" bc we have two first rd picks.

Scenario 2:

Four QBs in the top ten.

That pushes up Eason and Hurts. Would you be willing to sit back and press your luck when the opportunity cost is you wait another year to draft a QB. Teams might not be willing to do that.

I'm thinking someone that passes up on QB in the top ten could jump back in with their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. 

We could also take QB. Which would piss me off a little bit. 

Jacksonville would be a good look coming up for Jordan Love at #19. Pick up #42, #73, and #116. Or future pick if you want more value. And want to set the draft board for next year. When you trade up for QB.

I also like #19 and Derek Carr for #26 and #56

As well as #34 and #44 for #19

If Miami went BPA at #5. Controls the board at #18 and #19. Pick two more studs and get a bridge QB. That makes a lot of sense to me. They're too early in a rebuild to put all their eggs in Joe Burrow. 

If I'm Miami. I trade off #5. Pick up a 3rd first in 2021. Still have three 1st's this year and trade back in and have four first round picks this year. You could have three top ten picks in 2021 because Houston and Billy O'Stooge is just awful. Sign Cam to go with Carr. And then draft your guy in 2021. 

They'd have their building blocks and their QB of the future in 2021. 

14 hours ago, Raidersfan1 said:

I'm not buying into Clemson. My gut tells me winners are part of building a dominant locker room. Clemson didn't win. 

CB is too risky round one. It's like bust city. Reggie Robinson in ANY round is better value. 

Clelin Ferrell is such an interesting player bc I think hybrid front. He can play DE in a three or four man rush and I wonder if he can bulk up and play DT. 

With his versatility, that opens up the possibility of EDGE with the 19th pick. When it comes to first round picks, you gotta get something. These DTs and CBs bust too much. 

1) K'lavon Chaisson EDGE

He is in this 4-3 LB mold. I think he works best working off another guy's butt. Speed. Relentlessness. The man is a menace. 

I think he is in the mold of a modern day EDGE. He can set the edge by himself. He will be a problem for the LT all day long. He's got good hands. Long arms. And a quick first step. This is just HOF written all over him. Of course you gotta win.

3) KJ Hamler WR

Not a Penn State fan. But I am a fan of speed. Hamler is 4.3. No doubt about it. The slant he ran away from the whole Ohio State defense confirms that. Little gadgets along with his boy CeeDee. Yeah, that'll be fun.

4) Kenneth Murray LB

He was the first guy I watched this year. Checking out CBS Sports prospects. No clue at all. Had him rated some 73rd. I was like ha. Speed. Range. Mauler. Engulfer. He reminds me of LaVar Arrington. I swear I hate Penn State. Side to side speed. Big. Tall. Athletic. Physical presence. Availability of substitutes: Logan Wilson. Who will be All-Pro.

5) Zack Baun LB

Classic early 2nd rd pick that falls and you get a steal. He's a football player. He has good tangibles and is productive at the meat and potatoes conference. The Big Ten. He's another 4-3 OLB. Not quite physically imposing enough to stick at EDGE and wreak havoc all day long. Has good enough speed. Need to confirm ability to cover TE. Because that's where he'll play.

Chaisson is the most risk of this list. Yet, he provides the greatest reward. There is a trade out there. Trade up for Lamb. Trade down for Hamler. Trade up with Cleveland two spots and give them Derek Carr. 

No DBs. 

Do not want Ferrell doing anything but playing as a base 43 DE. He's not got elite burst, speed or flexibilty and by bulking up he'd only be getting slower, less flexible and less explosive. I really dont see the point as he's never shown (as far as im aware) any inclination to be a good DT and his spell playing inside last year was viewed by everyone including the coaches as a mistake. Ironically, I dont think he's versatile at all, he's strictly a base 43 DE.

I like the above players but I think you're a little high on all of them, Baun probably my favourite but I really like Murray too. I just dont see the value of LB in round 1 as we already have 2 FA additions to start unless they are going to become a pass rusher and part of that rotation like Baun may be able to do. 

The Peterson trade is pretty out there, cant see the Cards wanting to get rid if him but maybe i missed something, depends upon the cost and the contract we have to fit under the cap, why bring in a win now type player then get rid of Carr and hamstring yourself with a backup QB for the year or a rookie next year, makes no sense to me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Raidersfan1 said:

1) K'lavon Chaisson EDGE

3) KJ Hamler WR

4) Kenneth Murray LB

5) Zack Baun LB

No DBs. 

K'lavon Chaisson EDGE won’t be mad at that pick @12.  I would for sure draft someone who compares to Aldon Smith without the red flags. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

On 4/11/2020 at 8:00 AM, Heart of Oak said:

If we're going to take a LB at #19 I'd prefer Queen. Queen's ability to cover along with Littleton and Kwit would give us so much flexibility. We wouldn't have to go into nickel nearly as much. 

But I just can't see a LB being picked early anymore. Kwit and Littleton are both going to be 3 down players. Plus having Abram and Heath who will both be in the box a ton means we don't need to have 3 LB's on the field.