Trojans 2020 Mock 4 Rounds

Trojan

Super strong Falcons draft i love almost all of our picks

16. Kinlaw - A+ every time he is given to us

2nd -Terrell - Don't hate the pick but is the 1 pick i would probably change.  Im a Clemson fan and i think we can do better than Terrell after watching every game of his college career lol.  I would much rather take Winfield at Safety here as i think he is a much better player.  If not Winfield then i would go with Jaylon Johnson followed by Diggs.   Winfield is easily the 1st choice though in round 2 for me.

3rd - Akeem Gaithers - Quite a big fan of his and think he can play OLB quite well it's a big need of ours so i'll happily take him here.

4a - Zuniga - I know theirs a few Falcon fans who like him and i haven't seen much of him but he seems like a solid addition from what i have seen.  I personally would prefer Alex Highsmith there myself but not complaining really either way on a 4th round pick. 

4B - This is the only picked i would have guaranteed 100% changed.  We already gave up a 2nd round pick for a TE in this draft with Hurst.  We also have a very athletic and solid backup TE we all like that started when Hooper went down last year.   Theirs no need to double up on TE picks in this draft when we have more needs on defense still or OL. 

Here is the draft how i would have went with each available player or pick

1st - Kinlaw - DT
2a - Winfield - S
3rd - Gaither - LB
4a - Highsmith/Zuniga - Edge - prefer High but it's ok either way.
4b - Lamaar Jackson - CB

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Trojan said:

The guy I originally had them traded up for was Justin Jefferson (who was my original Eagles pick, and then my Raiders pick before having the Eagles jump the Raiders). I feel like if I undo the 18/19/21/30 trades it might make things work out better for all teams involved.

Let's see how that might look:
18 Dolphins - Kenneth Murray,  ILB Oklahoma
19 Raiders - Henry Ruggs III, WR Alabama
21 Eagles - Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah
30 Packers - Josh Jones, OL Houston
053. Philadelphia Eagles - Jalen Reagor, WR TCU
054. Buffalo Bills - Bryce Hall, CB Virginia
056* San Francisco 49ers - Ashtyn Davis, S Cal || MIA 56 + 70 + 173 // SFO 031
057. Houston Texans - Tee Higgins, WR Clemson
62. Packers - Chase Claypool, WR Notre Dame
103. Eagles - Ben Bredeson, G Michigan (which then affects 109)
109. Lions - Afernee Jennings, LB Alabama

Does that work out better?

Not for dolphins

10 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Not for dolphins

I flipped Blacklock to the Packers, Josh Jones back to Miami at 18 (I think that's closer to where he goes with consideration to Tampa at 14 and Broncos at 15 being his high point), then put Kenneth Murray to the Lions at the top of the second. I didn't like how the rearrangement pulled the LT from Miami.

The next change I'd consider is at 33 with the Bengals fans not liking the YGM pick, and Kenneth Murray now being available it might change things up. If they went Mims, Colts would like YGM, but then they would want WR over Weaver in their 2nd 2nd, so maybe Weaver falls to SD and the Colts take Aiyuk (who the Chargers took), I think range wise it still works and Aiyuk was a falling value to Chargers more than massive need with Keenan Allen and Mike Williams there -- Weaver could develop behind Melvin Ingram who has to be 30 something by now.

Edited by Trojan

6 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I flipped Blacklock to the Packers, Josh Jones back to Miami at 18 (I think that's closer to where he goes with consideration to Tampa at 14 and Broncos at 15 being his high point), then put Kenneth Murray to the Lions at the top of the second. I didn't like how the rearrangement pulled the LT from Miami.

This is better.

Can’t see the Titans taking a OL that high. They just resigned Dennis Kelly and from all reports he will be the starting RT. Plus they signed Ty Sambrailo to be the swing OT. I’d go with Marlon Davidson at 29(although if they sign Clowney, that could really change everything). He has the versatility the Vrabel likes can play all over the front. Arnette is a great selection in the 2nd. Greenard would be a solid pick but with Davidson, he kind of becomes redundant. I realize they play two different positions but the Titans actually have good depth at OLB. Probably go RB or WR there in the 3rd.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

On 8.4.2020 at 11:17 AM, Trojan said:

013. San Francisco - Jerry Jeudy, WR || SFO 013 // PHI 021 + 053
056* San Francisco 49ers - Ashtyn Davis, S Cal || MIA 56 + 70 + 173 // SFO 031
070* San Francisco 49ers -  Lloyd Cushenberry III, IOL LSU || MIA 56 + 70 + 173 // SFO 031

49ers - would prefer something like this:

013. San Francisco - Jerry Jeudy, WR
056* San Francisco 49ers - Justin Madubuike, DT Texas A&M
070* San Francisco 49ers -  Lloyd Cushenberry III, IOL LSU

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Superduperman said:

That would be a home run of a trade down for the Lions, like to an unrealistic degree. If they had to put in one of their 3rd round picks, it would still be a home run, and maybe that's believable. I don't know if they'd take the WR at #20 though, I'd buy more OL help.

5 and 26 is sort of a baseline offer I've seen projected as the expected trade from the Dolphins and that is 2400 value, whereas the 9 + 20 is 2200. Given Clowney went for a third rounder (and he's available to sign) and there are few teams with the space to move Yannick to, I thought maybe a high third value would work making the Jaguars offer beat the potential Dolphins offer. I am probably wrong as most Jaguars fans that have posted seem to hate what I had them do here, but given that was the defining move of the draft I don't think I can change it without rippling the entire mock. I could see it being bid up to a more than book value of pick 3 though given it's for Tua (ultimate positional value, and arguably talent wise worthy of #1 in most classes) and there are three plus interested teams.

In the PCJS era, Seattle has never drafted a CB higher than the 3rd Round. They currently have 3 starting CB (Shaq Griffin, Quinton Dunbar and Tre Flowers) and big depth issues at key positions. I cannot fathom Seattle taking Jaylon Johnson at 27. 

YGM, Austin Jackson, Isiah Wilson, Ezra Cleveland all make way more sense there. 

Josh Uche is a great choice.

Jacob Eason? Seriously? When you are paying a QB in their prime 30+ million you cant spend high capital on dudes who will never see the field. You need to find starters and rotational depth. Jon Greenard, Raekwon Davis, Lucas Niang, Michael Pittman , even Tyler Biadasz make much more sense. 

Michael Ojemudia? What is Seattle going to do with 5 boundary CB's in 2020? Leki Futu, Bradley Anae, Jabari Zuniga, Matt Peart, Devin DuVernay, or Bryan Edwards make more sense.

Zach Moss is a good pick and good value. 

• Like 1