TIME TO MOCK (Seven Trades in the first round?!?!?!)

YogiBiz

1. Cincinnati Bengals - QB, Joe Burrow, Louisiana State Tigers
  2. Washington Redskins - EDGE, Chase Young, Ohio State Buckeyes 
  3. Detroit Lions - LB/S, Isaiah Simmons, Clemson Tigers
  4. ****Trade****
    • The Los Angeles Chargers trade picks # 6, 37, and a 2021 Second Round Pick to the New York Giants for Pick #4, and 2021 Fifth Round Pick
    • Los Angeles Chargers (via NYG) - QB, Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama Crimson Tide
  5. Miami Dolphins - OT, Tristan Wirfs, Iowa Hawkeyes
  6. ****Trade****
    • The Jacksonville Jaguars trade picks # 9, 42, 137, and a 2021 Fourth Round Pick to the New York Giants for Pick # 6, and 183. 
    • Jacksonville Jaguars (via NYG via LAC) - CB, Jeffery Okudah, Ohio State Buckeyes
  7. Carolina Panthers - IDL, Derrick Brown, Auburn Tigers
  8. ****Trade****
    • The Denver Broncos trade picks # 15, 46, 83 and a 2021 Second Round Pick to the Arizona Cardinals for pick #8
    • Denver Broncos (via ARI) - WR, Henry Ruggs III, Alabama Crimson Tide 
  9. New York Giants (via JAX) - OT, Mekhi Becton, Louisville Cardinals
  10. Cleveland Browns - OT, Andrew Thomas, Georgia Bulldogs
  11. New York Jets - EDGE, K'Lavon Chaisson, Louisiana State Tigers 
  12. Las Vegas Raiders - WR, CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma Sooners
  13. San Francisco 49ers (via IND) - WR, Jerry Jeudy, Alabama Crimson Tide
  14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - OT, Jedrick Wills Jr., Alabama Crimson Tide 
  15. Arizona Cardinals (via DEN) - OC, Cesar Ruiz, Michigan Wolverines
  16. Atlanta Falcons - IDL, Javon Kinlaw, South Carolina Gamecocks 
  17. ****Trade****
    • The New England Patriots trade picks # 23, 83, and 2021 Second & Fourth Round Picks to Dallas Cowboys for pick # 17
    • New England Patriots (via DAL) - QB, Justin Herbert, Oregon Ducks
  18. ****Trade****
    • The Philadelphia Eagles trade picks # 21,103 and a 2021 Third Round Pick to the Miami Dolphins for pick # 18 and a 2021 Seventh Round Pick. 
    • Philadelphia Eagles (via MIA) - CB, Jeff Gladney, Texas Christian Horned Frogs
  19. Las Vegas Raiders (via CHI) - CB, Kristian Fulton, Louisiana State Tigers 
  20. Jacksonville Jaguars (via LAR) - WR, Justin Jefferson, Louisiana State Tigers
  21. Miami Dolphins (via PHI) - RB, D'Andre Swift, Georgia Bulldogs
  22. Minnesota Vikings - OT, Josh Jones, Houston Cougars
  23. Dallas Cowboys (via NE) - CB, Chris Henderson Jr. Florida Gators
  24. New Orleans Saints - LB, Patrick Queen, Louisiana State Tigers
  25. ****Trade****
    • The New York Giants trade picks # 36, 137, and a 2021 Second Round Pick (via LAC) to the Minnesota Vikings for pick # 25.  
    • New York Giants (via MIN) - EDGE, Zack Baun, Wisconsin Badgers
  26. Miami Dolphins - EDGE, Yetur Gross-Matos, Pennsylvania State Nittany Lions
  27. Seattle Seahawks - OT, Lucas Niang, Texas Christian Horned Frogs
  28. Baltimore Ravens - OG, Netane Muti, Fresno State Bulldogs
  29. Tennessee Titans - OT, Isaiah Wilson, Georgia Bulldogs
  30. Green Bay Packers - LB, Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma Sooners
  31. ****Trade****
    • The San Francisco 49ers trade pick # 31 to the Detroit Lions for picks # 35, 85, and 149. 
    • Detroit Lions (via SF) - DL, Andrew Jared Epenesa, Iowa Hawkeyes
  32. Kansas City Chiefs - IDL, Ross Blacklock, Texas Christian Horned Frogs

Edited by YogiBiz

9 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

This is good. Trading back would also work.

J

I was torn with a trade back for them; I don't see many teams that want to jump Indy or Cincy other than Detroit. I could 

7 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Man that is a terrible trade for Denver. I'm not sure Ruggs is worth all of those picks.

I was trying to figure out adequate value for Ruggs, and in a vacuum, he isn't worth those picks like you said. That's not the way I was thinking about it though. I think that the Broncos are a lot closer to competing for a playoff spot than people give them credit for. Their O-Line will be improved, and they potentially have their QB in Lock. Sutton is on an island by himself in the receiving corps, and this team desperately needs a viable deep threat to make people terrified of doubling Sutton. I think Ruggs takes your offense from alright to very very good. You pay the premium to get who you want. Or, that's my line of thinking at least. 

19 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I'd be really pleased with the Vikings draft. Getting more OL help would be nice for the Vikings, and I like the return in the trade down. 

The Giants need Baun, and I'm sure the Vikings would like accumulate as many assets as possible since you guys always seem to be strapped for cash. 

46 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Man that is a terrible trade for Denver. I'm not sure Ruggs is worth all of those picks.

2020 NFL draft trade chart re ckons that you would need just 15 $ 46 yet you want to give away another 3rd and next years 2nd ???? and I'd rather take Jeudy than Ruggs....Please just stop the stupid GMing here

2 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

****Trade****

• The Denver Broncos trade picks # 15, 46, 83 and a 2021 Second Round Pick to the Arizona Cardinals for pick #8
  • Denver Broncos (via ARI) - WR, Henry Ruggs III, Alabama Crimson Tide 

This trade doesn't even make any sense at all.  You could easily argue that the Broncos' first two picks for the 8th overall pick would be an overpay, but you have them throwing in their 3rd round pick AND a second next year too?  Plus, there are 3 WRs who grading out similar and they're trading up to overdraft one of them?  This is really, really bad.

43 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

I was trying to figure out adequate value for Ruggs, and in a vacuum, he isn't worth those picks like you said. That's not the way I was thinking about it though. I think that the Broncos are a lot closer to competing for a playoff spot than people give them credit for. Their O-Line will be improved, and they potentially have their QB in Lock. Sutton is on an island by himself in the receiving corps, and this team desperately needs a viable deep threat to make people terrified of doubling Sutton. I think Ruggs takes your offense from alright to very very good. You pay the premium to get who you want. Or, that's my line of thinking at least. 

So the solution is to draft give up pretty much their entire draft this year and a premium pick next year?  Hell no.

47 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

For the Eagles to give up all that to move up 3 spots for Jeff Gladney is laughable.

Yeah giving up two thirds (one of which is a comp pick) to move up and get your guy. I think Gladney is a lot better than Fulton, and the drop off to Fulton/Henderson to the round 2 guys is even more. I also figured Eagles fans wouldn't like a CB who couldn't tackle at 21 with Barkley and Elliot in the division. 

Also for my Broncos fans, do you really think anyone in the position to take one of their bookend tackles of the Future will just give the pick away? What that team, their value will not match up with an ancient valuation chart created 30 years ago that has yet to update with the rapidly changing landscape in the sport. Elway has always been one of the more aggressive executives in the league, sometimes to a fault. Sure he makes good deals all of the time, but he also makes mind boggling decisions as well. If he wants his guy, I have no doubt in my mind that Elway will go after him hard. 

24 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Plus, there are 3 WRs who grading out similar and they're trading up to overdraft one of them?  This is really, really bad.

Yes 3 WR who grade similar, but these guys each have completely different play styles. I also think Ruggs is the best of the bunch, but I digress on this point. While adding Lamb, or Jeudy would still improve your offense it wouldn't have the same impact as getting a guy who is one of, if not, the best deep threat in the draft. OH BTW that same guy doubles as the WR who ran the most diverse route tree (per PFF) in this draft. Also he had only 1 drop in more than 150 targets (can't remember the exact number off the top of my head), so yeah this guy is pretty good. 

Edited by YogiBiz

4 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

****Trade****

• The New England Patriots trade picks # 23, 83, and 2021 Second & Fourth Round Picks to Dallas Cowboys for pick # 17
  • New England Patriots (via DAL) - QB, Justin Herbert, Oregon Ducks

So the Pats give up 4 picks to get Herbert.  While they already have a young QB Stidham who showed promise last year in camp and who has a full year under his belt with the Pats offense. If the Pats take Herbert, they are saying they have no faith in Stidman. Now you have Herbert ON THE BENCH for the year and the Pats in the top 5 in next draft. You pick QB than. Oh wait you gave your picks to Dallas that you could use to trade up to grab the best in the draft 2021. Maybe Lawrence or Justin Fields!!!

Hell no on Herbert. Trade down and build future.

PS Stidham  or Hoyer will be the starting QB.

Edited by m haynes