TIME TO MOCK (Seven Trades in the first round?!?!?!)

YogiBiz

1st thing i gotta say is Perfect Falcons pick i absolutely love it.  Kinlaw to us is about the best we can hope for as far as a stud player dropping to us.    If we can come out of the 1st round with any of  Simmons, Young, Okudah, Brown, Kinlaw or Chaisson  in that order we have done a great job imo.      Now as far as the trades those are way more value than what you would normally see in a real draft being given up and if you look at the chart which outside of the top 3 picks or so is pretty accurate most the time.    Then the Broncos would probably only need to give up 15 + 46 to get to 8     15 is valued at around 1050 points and 46 is valued around 440  thats about 1500 points in value just in those 2 picks   The 8th pick is valued around 1400 points.   So even with just the 2nd round pick alone the Broncos are overpaying a little bit and giving the Cards about a late 3rd to early 4th round value extra.   Much less giving them another 3rd and a extra 2nd on top of already overpaying. 

To give you a real trade just from last year

Steelers receive:
» 2019 first-round pick (No. 10; select LB Devin Bush)

Broncos receive:
» 2019 first-round pick (No. 20; select TE Noah Fant)
» 2019 second-round pick (No. 52; trade to Bengals)
» 2020 third-round pick

Steelers went up quite a few more picks in value and still didn't give up as much as Broncos did in this trade. 

Still great job on giving us Kinlaw i hope it happens in the real draft :)

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 9:04 AM, YogiBiz said:

18. ****Trade****

• The Philadelphia Eagles trade picks # 21,103 and a 2021 Third Round Pick to the Miami Dolphins for pick # 18 and a 2021 Seventh Round Pick. 
  • Philadelphia Eagles (via MIA) - CB, Jeff Gladney, Texas Christian Horned Frogs

21. Miami Dolphins (via PHI) - RB, D'Andre Swift, Georgia Bulldogs

I like the Trade down, especially since we took a top Tackle with pick 5, but I do not think they take a RB in round one.  I think they wait until pick 39 in round 2 to take the RB.  They need a Safety and since we would have our choice of Safeties here I think they would go that direction.  Probably McKinney or Delpit (most likely McKinney).

On 4/8/2020 at 8:04 AM, YogiBiz said:
  • Green Bay Packers - LB, Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma Sooners
  • ****Trade****
    • The San Francisco 49ers trade pick # 31 to the Detroit Lions for picks # 35, 85, and 149. 
    • Detroit Lions (via SF) - DL, Andrew Jared Epenesa, Iowa Hawkeyes

The Packers won't take an ILB in the first round, and they certainly would accept that trade from the Lions in a heartbeat.  If they don't move down, look for them to grab either an OT or DT here.

On 4/8/2020 at 10:59 AM, YogiBiz said:

Yes 3 WR who grade similar, but these guys each have completely different play styles. I also think Ruggs is the best of the bunch, but I digress on this point. While adding Lamb, or Jeudy would still improve your offense it wouldn't have the same impact as getting a guy who is one of, if not, the best deep threat in the draft. OH BTW that same guy doubles as the WR who ran the most diverse route tree (per PFF) in this draft. Also he had only 1 drop in more than 150 targets (can't remember the exact number off the top of my head), so yeah this guy is pretty good. 

The problem is the trade defies all value.  If you go by the TVC, the Broncos are getting blasted in terms of value.  Historically speaking, the most recent trade comp would be when the Cardinals traded up with the Raiders to select Josh Rosen.  The Cardinals gave up a 3rd and 5th round pick to move up 5 slots.  The next most similar trade would be when the Titans traded up from 15 to 8 to select Jack Conklin.  They gave up their 3rd round pick that year and their second round pick in the following draft.  Either remove the 46th pick or the future SRP.