2020 Ravens Forum Draft Game - Three Rounds

coordinator0

2 pts (people who correctly picked "Stay")
DK, drd23, CoverZero,db, berlin calling, 

2pts (right position 1st round, wrong player)
Ballimore, BYT

4pts (right position 1st round, wrong player & "stay")
baltimoreRebel

5pts (people who picked Queen as an alternate)
BTerp

7pts (picked "Stay" & Queen in the 1st)
c0

Two points for Ballimore, BareYourTeeth, and baltimoreRebel for correct position but wrong player as well. Baun is kind of a grey-area player but I think he counts as a LB.

Also - does alternate count as 2 points or 5? I seem to have edited that part out when I streamlined the first post. :$

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Also - does alternate count as 2 points or 5? I seem to have edited that part out when I streamlined the first post. :$

I'd say 5 given Queen is pretty obviously an alternate for the 1st round

I've also given baltimoreRebel 2 points for "stay" as its pretty clear that he thinks/thought the trades would be for tomorrows picks

• Like 1

11 hours ago, drd23 said:

I've also given baltimoreRebel 2 points for "stay" as its pretty clear that he thinks/thought the trades would be for tomorrows picks

Not that it matters too much, but I always thought of the alternates as guys that you thought might get drafted but didn't feel comfortable putting in any specific slot. You get the points for the player being drafted, but no others. Certainly not going to fight about it.

17 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Two points for Ballimore, BareYourTeeth, and baltimoreRebel for correct position but wrong player as well. Baun is kind of a grey-area player but I think he counts as a LB.

17 hours ago, drd23 said:

5 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Not that it matters too much, but I always thought of the alternates as guys that you thought might get drafted but didn't feel comfortable putting in any specific slot. You get the points for the player being drafted, but no others. Certainly not going to fight about it.

I just realized that I (sort of) came up with this game so I went back in time to answer this question. So the alternate pick gets the total points of wherever the player was drafted, so since we took Queen, the poster in question would earn the 5 points. They would also additionally earn points if they correctly picked trade up, trade down, or stay.

But for future less confusion here is the original game and link to it in the old forum from 2012.

Apparently, the Baltimore Ravens scouting department has a little game. Every year they decide to predict the guys who the Ravens will pick in the first 3 rounds of the draft (based on the board)... Eric DeCosta even has a formula for it... and has been the most accurate of the bunch.

With that in mind, Ravens forum, let's play a game... all hopes and jokes aside. We currently have 3 picks in the first three rounds: #29, #60, and #91... knowing that who do you predict we take? 

And to make it a little more interesting, I'll also include 1 alternate slot. Sometimes you just have a "feeling" that the Ravens take a guy... I'll give you the chance to list any possible name that can go in either of the three rounds. If we select that guy, you earn however much points depending upon which round he goes in. With that in mind, here is how this game will be graded... 

Quote:
5 points for an accurate 1st round pick 
7 points for an accurate 2nd round pick 
9 points for an accurate 3rd round pick 
30 points (9 pts bonus) if you get all 3 selections correct. 

Additionally because of the difficulty in this game, you will earn points for picking the correct position for that selection (just in case you have the wrong prospect). You get +2 pts for correct position. 

Lastly you have to choose if we trade down (pick 30 or lower), trade up (pick 28 or higher), or stay at 29. A correct choice = +2 pts to your score... an incorrect choice = -2 pts to your score.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=488613

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

That's how I thought the original scoring worked. Just forgot to add that bit in when I made the rules and scoring more reader-friendly. The trade up, down, and stay thing is in there. The post at the top of this page is correct.

Also FYI after scavenging through the old forum, @drd23 was the first winner of this particular draft game back in 2012. Then it wasn’t resurrected until 2016, so I’m not sure if he wants the credit, but one of you can add him into the past winners section.

For some reason the other game was much more difficult to find information on, must’ve changed names each year or something. The first post I could find was from either @sp6488 or @flaccomania stating that each year we seem to play that draft game, but couldn’t find the previous years as to when we played it. That first post was either in 2012 or 2011... albeit with different points structured.

Edited by diamondbull424
Added
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 3:24 PM, BaltimoreTerp said:

Pick # 28: AJ Epenesa TRADE DOWN 
Pick # 55: KJ Hamler 
Pick # 60: Matt Hennessey 
Pick # 92: Malik Harrison (+9 player)
Pick # 106: Matthew Peart (+2 position)

Alternate: Patrick Queen (+5 player)

16 points

On 4/17/2020 at 11:25 AM, coordinator0 said:

Trade Down, Trade Up, or Stay: STAY

Pick # 28: Patrick Queen (+7 player/stay)
Pick # 55: Justin Madubuike (+2 player)
Pick # 60: Chase Claypool
Pick # 92: John Simpson (+2 pos)
Pick # 106: Jonathan Greenard
Alternate: Robert Hunt

11 points

The winner and the runner up has been found.

Congrats @BaltimoreTerp on winning this year! 

Edited by diamondbull424

How do we grade a situation like the Harrison pick? He was taken with the 98th pick, which isn't one of Baltimore's original selections. I see it as the same thing as Madubuike at 71, two points for correct player/different pick. 

This is one of the things that makes this game difficult. xD

5 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

How do we grade a situation like the Harrison pick? He was taken with the 98th pick, which isn't one of Baltimore's original selections. I see it as the same thing as Madubuike at 71, two points for correct player/different pick. 

This is one of the things that makes this game difficult. xD

He was selected in the 3rd round, not the 2nd round. So he gets 9 points.

9 points for 3rd round

7 points for 2nd round

5 points for 1st round

Not really that complicated.