Raiders Offense Thread 2.0:

MrOaktown_56

45 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yeah it really depends on if we can get a trade down. Saw a post on reddit of a guy doing different scenarios.

Raiders trade 12 and 19 to Miami for 18, 26, 34, 141, 153

Raiders trade 12, 81, 91 to Minnesota for 22 and 25 (giving us 19, 22, 25)

Raiders trade 12, 19, 80, 121 to the Giants for 4 and 36

Raiders trade 12 (OR 19 and 91) to the Colts for 34 and 44

Raiders trade 19 to the Dolphins for 39 and 56 (Miami would have an insane 4 first round picks)

Raiders trade 12 to Tennessee for every pick they have (29, 61, 93, 174, 224, 237, 243) and they'd still have to throw in a 3rd next year

Raiders trade 80, 81, 91 to Miami for 39

Raiders trade 12 to Philly for 21, 53, and 145

But if I had to use both the 12th and 19th picks and Young, Okudah, Simmons, Brown and Henderson are gone then I would HAVE to look at WRs and from those top3 my preference go - Lamb, Ruggs, Jeudy. The next tier but right under them for me is Laviska, Jefferson, Higgins. But I have a feeling Mayock has a defender not mentioned above higher on his board than some of us. Guys like Diggs, Baun, Queen, Kinlaw, Murray and Johnson could all be in play.

This one please. Okudah and Brown should be available. Possibly Young. The Raiders would be guaranteed to get an elite defensive player at #4. A WR would be available in the 2nd with a trade up from the 3rd or a future pick.

Edited by SBXISBXVSBXVIII
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

This one please. Okudah and Brown should be available. Possibly Young. The Raiders would be guaranteed to get an elite defensive player at #4. A WR would be available in the 2nd with a trade up from the 3rd or a future pick.

That'd leave us with only 5 total draft picks: 4, 36, 81, 91, and 159. I wouldn't mind it as we could likely move back out of 36 and acquire some more draft capital. But we still lack depth across the roster, particularly on the defensive side. Plus after seeing Mayock hit on guys like Crosby, Renfrow, and Moreau in the 4th/5th last season, I'd prefer to add more draft capital as opposed to giving it up.

Getting a solid a RB2 is a huge need.  If Jacobs gets hurt and can’t play Richard can’t carry the ball 20x effectively.  Our entire offensive game plan changes.  That’s why I’d take a RB2 in the 3rd if there’s a good option there.  Besides QB name me one other position where losing the starter so drastically changes and limits our game plan.   Losing LT Miller would suck but Brown could swap over to LT with Sharpe at RT and we’d use more TEs for chipping on the right side.

furthermore, adding a RB2 preserves Jacobs health throughout the season and effectiveness late in games.  Drafting a developmental slotCB, etc to sit the bench for a year or two offers us next to nothing this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Getting a solid a RB2 is a huge need.  If Jacobs gets hurt and can’t play Richard can’t carry the ball 20x effectively.  Our entire offensive game plan changes.  That’s why I’d take a RB2 in the 3rd if there’s a good option there.  Besides QB name me one other position where losing the starter so drastically changes and limits our game plan.   Losing LT Miller would suck but Brown could swap over to LT with Sharpe at RT and we’d use more TEs for chipping on the right side.

furthermore, adding a RB2 preserves Jacobs health throughout the season and effectiveness late in games.  Drafting a developmental slotCB, etc to sit the bench for a year or two offers us next to nothing this year.

Yeah it was a little odd that we didn't add another bigger backup RB after Crowell went down and just rolled with Washington/Richard behind Jacobs last season.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah it was a little odd that we didn't add another bigger backup RB after Crowell went down and just rolled with Washington/Richard behind Jacobs last season.

Especially when you consider Jacobs season had to surprise even the coaches a bit.  We looked at Bo Scarborough at the end of season and decided no then he did decent in Detroit 

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:
6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

This is a different take, due to the depth we could get some really good value but there are two things which I'd query, who would we take at 12 if the top defensive options are gone, as WR would surely be BPA and what do we do if we cant reasonably trade down into the second round, which I think will be difficult and may mean giving up a lot of value.......I specifically dont see teams wanting to trade up into 19 despite everyone and their dog wanting that.   

Javon Kinlaw?

That would be an interesting one for sure, I'm higher than most on Kinlaw and among a handful who think he may be a better pass rusher than Brown in the pros so if he's there I'd definitely take him and love the value! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

All the top 30 WRs in this class have a decent chance to be good in the league. If we select wisely, which I don't doubt with Mayock, we can get guys that upgrade the offense and still not have to use 12 on a WR. Ruggs is a bad man but I question his real fit in our offense.

I don't see how he is not a fit he has the ability to  take Carr's dink and dunks to the house at any time, the threat he poses will open it up for Waller and Williams when he's not eating himself.

37 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I don't see how he is not a fit he has the ability to  take Carr's dink and dunks to the house at any time, the threat he poses will open it up for Waller and Williams when he's not eating himself.

Is he a diva? Will he except that the Raiders are a run first team and they’ll be games where he won’t get targeted.

These are real concerns with any WR the Raiders draft.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

That'd leave us with only 5 total draft picks: 4, 36, 81, 91, and 159. I wouldn't mind it as we could likely move back out of 36 and acquire some more draft capital. But we still lack depth across the roster, particularly on the defensive side. Plus after seeing Mayock hit on guys like Crosby, Renfrow, and Moreau in the 4th/5th last season, I'd prefer to add more draft capital as opposed to giving it up.

But we need dynamic players and the 4th would be that. Most likely Okudah! Would you rather have him or 2 player like Renfrow and Moreau.

4 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Maybe I didn't say this right, he would add those things you mentioned but so would 10 other guys we could select lower than him. Don't misconstrue what I'm advocating here since I do think we need dynamic players. What I'm saying is if those 2 factors are his main draws in this offense then we could get a deep threat Yac guy later (I like Aiyuk alot for that role) and address Corner, LB or saftey where we need the talent longterm.

4 hours ago, raidr4life said:

The problem with that tho If is Ruggs isn’t catching passes deep consistently then teams will again roll coverages back to Waller.  Do teams double team John Ross 24/7? Absolutely not.

Its a great idea That Ruggs will magically open up the entire offense by pulling Safeties back .... but until he consistently is beating teams deep there not going to do that.  It’s a great idea but won’t happen nearly as much in real life.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

The problem with that tho If is Ruggs isn’t catching passes deep consistently then teams will again roll coverages back to Waller.  Do teams double team John Ross 24/7? Absolutely not.

Its a great idea That Ruggs will magically open up the entire offense by pulling Safeties back .... but until he consistently is beating teams deep there not going to do that.  It’s a great idea but won’t happen nearly as much in real life.  

Ruggs will eat and when they decide to roll coverage his way everybody else will eat, not to mention Jacobs eating. He's not John Ross.

Edited by raidr4life

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I agree. I dont care who it is. People ain't gonna respect it until wrs beat them and Carr hits them and take chances deep. Until then teams will still focus on jacobs for sure. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I'm worried about Ruggs consistently separating from press. If that isn't a concern to the staff, then I'm happy with it. But I'd rather have one of the other two.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm worried about Ruggs consistently separating from press. If that isn't a concern to the staff, then I'm happy with it. But I'd rather have one of the other two.

This plus imo durability he hasn’t really been hit yet nfl is different I wonder how his long his frame can hang especially having to go over the middle he did survive the sec tho

• Like 1