A plea to my fellow Rams fans...

Non-Issue

Do yourselves a favor and don't listen to the sports commentators right now. Theyre talking about "best in the NFCW" and "playoff contenders" after a 2-1 start against marginal competition.

Don't buy into it, no matter how much you want to. Temper temper your expectations. I know it's easy to get excited after years of suckage. But do yourself a favor and keep in mind this is a process. One that takes time and takes a lot of falling and getting back up. McVay is still learning how to coach. Goff is still learning how to be a QB. Everyone on both sides of the ball are still learning a new systems and staff are still tooling their systems to the players they have. We are, in all likelihood, going to see a lot of ups and downs. It will be a very frustrating team for some fans. Particularly if they buy into the hype this early. We could go out next week and get clobbered 49-14. We could go out and lose the next 6 games. It's way too early to gauge where we are at as a team beyond the fact that we are leaps and bounds better than last season. Will that result in any improvement in the win column remains to be seen.

But I am telling you, we aren't there yet. We look soooooo much better than last year. But we aren't there yet. We might have some of the pieces necessary. But we wont have the consistency necessary. Or the mentality necessary. Or the winning culture necessary. All of that takes time. Beyond the x's and o's, teams need to learn how to win. What it takes mentally. The commitment. The approach. The way of thinking. That takes time.

Enjoy the ride. But don't set yourself up for a fall is all I am saying. 

And go Rams!

ram_dance.gif

I do buy into Rams best team in the NFC West and the playoff talk. I said I want to see this offense before I make a win/loss prediction. This is a 9-10 win team folks. Get used to it. That Washington game had a lot to do with the Rams having to prepare for two teams in a short span plus McVay said he was too conservative, which I think had a lot to do with facing his former team that knew him very well. Even the Redskins were conservative because they ran more than they normally do because they too knew McVay was familiar with Cousins and the Redskins. The difference in that game was the Rams turned the ball over twice and the Redskins didn't have a turnover. It's hard to win games in the NFL when you lose the turnover battle but yet the Rams still had a chance at the end and that's all you can ask for.

So I believe in the hype. This is a totally different team than last season when they started (2-1). The scary part about this team is the defense will get better because they will adjust to the 3-4 scheme and improve. Wade plus there is too much talent on that side of the ball not to be good. Once that happens with this offense being good, why can't the Rams win the NFC West? The Cards don't have DJ (their best player on offense), the Niners are rebuilding so they can't sustain a full season to win 9-10 games, and the Seahawks finally have a true fight on their hands with the Rams where it's not gonna be 9-6 score type of games. They are gonna have to score points against us and that oline is so bad that Donald and the rest of the Rams pass rush will feast off Wilson like they usually do. 

Love the progress of the team and the direction of the offense. The coaching staff that McVay assembled is top notch and I think the future is bright for the club. But we're very young and inexperienced. There are issues on defense and the schedule just gets harder. It's going to be a fun season with some highs and lows. I think we can compete with anybody on the schedule that doesn't mean I think we're going to win out but we can compete. 

On 9/22/2017 at 4:05 PM, Non-Issue said:

But I am telling you, we aren't there yet. We look soooooo much better than last year. But we aren't there yet. We might have some of the pieces necessary. But we wont have the consistency necessary. Or the mentality necessary. Or the winning culture necessary. All of that takes time. Beyond the x's and o's, teams need to learn how to win. What it takes mentally. The commitment. The approach. The way of thinking. That takes time.

The hell with this, I'm going to get pumped. Losing will suck no matter what. I'm going to enjoy the winning and contender talk while we have it. Truth is that winning breeds a winning mentality and culture. It doesn't take time to develop those things. It just takes the right staff, the right schedule, and the right team. We may have all three this year. The Rams are the only ones who can rain on my parade.

Fans buying into hype is not a problem.  As long as the players don't fully buy into it and start looking past what they perceive as 'weak' teams or teams they should beat, it should be fine.  If I was a Rams fan, I would be ecstatic right now.  At this juncture, every team in the division looks pretty bad, except for the Rams.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

The hell with this, I'm going to get pumped. Losing will suck no matter what. I'm going to enjoy the winning and contender talk while we have it. Truth is that winning breeds a winning mentality and culture. It doesn't take time to develop those things. It just takes the right staff, the right schedule, and the right team. We may have all three this year. The Rams are the only ones who can rain on my parade.

giphy.gif

Welp! too late! I've already bought into it and not gonna sell out of it either.  I've seen the rest of the NFC this year and NOBODY has impressed me all that much and NOBODY seems to be all that dominate other than MAYBE the Falcons.  The West is ours to lose, IMO. Seattle is on the decline and they don't look nearly as dominate as the years before, you have to admit that. I do believe we have a solid shot at the playoffs and right now with the pieces we have and what I've seen out of us thus far, that's my expectation....and I BELIEVE we can do it.  The recent years before this the defense was basically carrying us - now is our Offense and we have the highest scoring offense in the league after the first 3 games - once we get that defense shored up ( which we will - guaranteed) then watch out!! we are only going to get better from here - therefore I'm all in! PUMPED!

Been disappointed and let down the past 15+ years - nothing can top that!! lol

On 9/22/2017 at 5:33 PM, NVRamsFan said:

Love the progress of the team and the direction of the offense. The coaching staff that McVay assembled is top notch and I think the future is bright for the club. But we're very young and inexperienced. There are issues on defense and the schedule just gets harder. It's going to be a fun season with some highs and lows. I think we can compete with anybody on the schedule that doesn't mean I think we're going to win out but we can compete. 

I agree.  The offense actually has a base to build from, something we couldn't say since GSOT.

I am worried about the defense though, injuries in the secondary could easily derail us, but that can be said for a lot of teams.  I am really worried about the front 7 and how some of those guys transition (or don't) in 3-4.

21 hours ago, jrry32 said:

If we are making inane, oversimplified arguments I will counter with...the Browns.

I am not saying nobody should be pumped. I am pumped. I am just saying keep it in perspective. It is a whole 3 weeks into the season vs sub par competition. I would be advising people to keep it in perspective if we lost our first 3 games of the season vs good competition. Dont be knee jerk. Dont buy into the hype. 

We are better than we were. But we dont know how good that is yet. Or how consistent. 

3 minutes ago, Non-Issue said:

If we are making inane, oversimplified arguments I will counter with...the Browns.

I am not saying nobody should be pumped. I am pumped. I am just saying keep it in perspective. It is a whole 3 weeks into the season vs sub par competition. I would be advising people to keep it in perspective if we lost our first 3 games of the season vs good competition. Dont be knee jerk. Dont buy into the hype. 

We are better than we were. But we dont know how good that is yet. Or how consistent. 

We see teams go from worst to first often. It doesn't take years to build a winning culture. It just takes the right group of players and coaches. The Browns aren't relevant. We aren't talking about what it takes to keep from building a winning culture.

I'm going to buy into the hype. It doesn't hurt me or the Rams if I do. I'm going to have fun while I can.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

We see teams go from worst to first often. It doesn't take years to build a winning culture. It just takes the right group of players and coaches. The Browns aren't relevant. We aren't talking about what it takes to keep from building a winning culture.

I'm going to buy into the hype. It doesn't hurt me or the Rams if I do. I'm going to have fun while I can.

The Browns are every bit as relevant to the discussion as the 98 Rams.

Jrry, I get it. You're in. Its okay. Nobody is trying to hold you back.

Archived