BayRaider Official Mock Draft w/ Draft Grades (Three Rounds)

BayRaider

- My Official Mock Draft for the 2020 NFL Draft

- Have cut out images from Draft Network

- Customized the image links to go to Draft Network Profile

- Probably one of the longest posts on FF lol

- Personalized Draft Grades from myself, basically my opinion on how every teams draft went

I’ve actually had this done since April 5th, but took about 2-3 days to write descriptions, cut out the graphics, and edit in the links to Draft Network Profiles.This will be my most detailed one yet and my Final and Official Mock Draft before the event. This is what I think happens on draft day. Not what I would do personally. Hope you are entertained, whether you love it or hate it. Thanks for reading, and good luck to your team!

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-09-32-PM.png

So I think Joe is the no brainer choice and the Bengals won’t trade out here. Burrow is a Franchise QB with stunning intelligence, tremendous accuracy and anticipation (some of the best anticipation I’ve ever seen), good enough arm but not great, and a great charismatic leader.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-09-45-PM.png

The Redskins decide to stay put at #2 and select Chase Young. To me, Young is a Generational EDGE Prospect you can’t pass up. And a Generational EDGE player is the second most important thing a football team can have behind a legit Top 10 Franchise QB. I personally don’t have Chase on par with Myles and Bosa, although most do. However, he's still a generational talent and worth a Top 3 Pick in this draft class.

TRADE IS IN

Detroit Receives:

Pick 5

Pick 26

R4 Pick (141)

Miami Receives:

Pick 3

R3 Pick (85)

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-10-13-PM.png

Dolphins get their Franchise QB, the guy they've wanted since the season started. Tua imo is 1b to Burrow in this draft, the question is the medicals. They gave a lot to move up, but at the end of the day, if Tua is as good as the Dolphins think he will be, it's absolutely worth it. Tua has the Football IQ, and all the Football Tools to be a true Franchise QB in the NFL.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-10-25-PM.png

Giants need a RT pretty badly and this is one of the best OT classes in NFL History. The Top Four are studs, and the 2nd/3rd Round class is also extremely good. Giants select Jedrick Wills who dominated at RT for Alabama for the past two seasons. This gives Daniel Jones the protection he needs in his sophomore year where he will be heavily evaluated, as will Dave Gettleman.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-10-36-PM.png

Lions select Isaiah Simmons over Jeff Okudah and Derrick Brown. Matt Patricia's job is on the line in 2020, more so than any other Head Coach. I think they will value Simmons versatility Year One, and he is a DC's dream piece. Simmons will be a huge difference maker from the moment he steps on the field. He's something the Lions have been missing for years. As great as a prospect as Okudah is, even the Blue Chip CB Prospects need a year to transition.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-10-44-PM.png

Chargers need a Franchise LT in a big way, and Thomas is the most polished LT in this class, and my personal #1 OT Prospect. He'll come in and start Day 1 and be a solid 10 Year Starter. One of the safest prospects in the entire draft. 90% of Mocks have the Chargers taking a QB, however, I think they bypass QB until the Mid-Rounds and also sign Cam Newton before or after the draft. Chargers do a good job here and don't reach for a QB.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-10-26-56-PM.pn

Derrick Brown is being massively slept on in this draft because of his combine. He's still a Blue Chip Prospect in every way. Panthers start their rebuild the right way, in the trenches, and a position of serious need: DT.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-10-59-PM.png

I've talked to many Cardinal fans, and they are quite sick of the media giving them a OT here and think it's inaccurate if Okudah, Simmons, or Brown are on the board. Their RT situation isn't great but it's not a lost cause like people say. Gilbert is a decent RT if healthy, and Murray is a decent fill-in. As for the pick, Okudah gives them another starter opposite Peterson, especially with Peterson at 30 years old now. The Cardinals have stated publicly they are moving Byron Murphy to Nickel Corner this year. Peterson-Okudah-Murphy might be the most deadly CB Trio in the NFL.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-11-08-PM.png

Alright, every Jaguar fan about to kill me. That's fine. This is what I think happens, not what I think should happens. With the big three defensive players off the board, and Kinlaw not worth Pick 9 imo, Jags decide to gamble on someone who might be a Franchise QB for them: Justin Herbert. I'm not a big fan of Herbert, but the Jaguars may see otherwise. I don't think they are as sold on Minshew as the fans claim. You can claim Minshew should get one more year, but can you take the chance Jaguars will ever be in range to select a QB again?

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-11-14-PM.png

Browns grab a LT that they desperately need in Becton.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-11-21-PM.png

Jets are absolutely thrilled one of the Top 4 OT's are still on the board, making this an easy decision.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-11-27-PM.png

If the board falls this way and the top defensive talent is gone, one of the Top 3 WR's here should be the pick for the Raiders. I personally think it'll be Jerry Jeudy. He has the route running Jon Gruden loves along with the YAC ability for his WCO. He's also the most polished WR coming out, which both Mayock/Gruden will covet.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-11-37-PM.png

The 49ers could go in several directions with this pick. Trade Up, Trade Down, WR, CB, IDL, etc. One of the most unpredictable draft picks. I'm gonna go ahead and say the 49ers select Henry Ruggs III. Kyle Shanahans Offense is all about scheming guys open when it comes to the passing game, scheme Ruggs III open and he can take it to the house almost every time. And Ruggs isn't just a speed guy, he's ridiculously well rounded.

TRADE IS IN

Tampa Bay Receives:

R2 Pick (34)

R2 Pick (44)

R5 Pick (160)

Indianapolis Receives:

Pick 14

R6 Pick (194)

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-11-47-PM.png

This isn't quite the value Tampa Bay wanted for this pick, but they will take three second round picks in total and try to fill in some gaps. With the 4 Top OT's off the board, Tampa Bay will aggressively be looking to move out of this spot. It's not a horrible deal for them, but not the greatest. If a Top 4 OT is there, they will stay put.

Colts will be calling phones from 14-19 in my opinion, trying to move up to one of those spots offering 34/44. They need a possible Franchise QB, with Rivers maybe only being a One Year solution. They have met with Jordan Love multiple times that we know about: Two Video Calls, and Combine. He is also a great fit for the mind of Frank Reich.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-11-53-PM.png

Many think the Broncos go WR, but with Kinlaw still on the board I think the Broncos replace Derek Wolfe. Kinlaw will be too good of value to pass up here, and is a great fit as a 3-4 DE. They decide to keep building the defense.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-11-59-PM.png

I think Gross-Matos is going to go way higher than people expect. There is always one EDGE player every year that goes 7-10 spots higher than projected. I think that's Gross-Matos. He has all the tools to be a dominant 4-3 EDGE in the NFL, and one of my favorite players in this entire draft. I know you really want Chaisson @FalconFan13 please forgive me.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-12-11-PM.png

Cowboys have a pretty good need at corner and get CJ Henderson here, a great cover corner and should help their defense remain a dominant unit.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-12-18-PM.png

Dolphins need to protect their new Franchise QB, and they get OT Austin Jackson out of USC. I think they will favor Jackson over Jones, but only Miami truly knows.

TRADE IS IN

Las Vegas Receives:

Pick 21

R3 Pick (103)

Philadelphia Receives:

Pick 19

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-12-25-PM.png

Lamb falls further than people expect and Carson Wentz finally gets a very very good WR to work with. They jump the Jaguars, who surely would of selected Lamb at 20, for pick 103 in the draft. Not much of an overpay considering it's a R3 compensatory pick.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-12-34-PM.png

Blacklock goes higher than people expect, and the Jags have a serious need at IDL. Blacklock's first step and bullrush are very special, and the Jags will draft his upside here at Pick 20.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-12-40-PM.png

Jaylon Johnson is exactly the CB the Raiders covet. He's very physical, tough, press corner, who excels in Cover 3 Press and Cover 1 Press. He also probably has the best instincts in this class. Not to confuse instincts with technique. Best technique in this class goes to Okudah by a wide margin. Raiders get their starter opposite Trayvon Mullen.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-12-45-PM.png

CB and WR will be the popular Mock Draft for the Vikings. However, they got absolutely embarrassed in the trenches last year by the 49ers. It was like an NFL Team vs a High School team. No offense Viking fans. Let's go ahead and fix that and finally get the Vikings a physical and possible Franchise OT in Josh Jones.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-12-57-PM.png

Patriots get a steal here at 23, at their biggest need besides probably QB. Chaisson has all the tools to be a superstar if a coaching staff can put it all together. Who better to put it all together than Bill Bellichick, the GOAT?

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-13-05-PM.png

Saints attempt to improve their defense against TE and RB's which really struggled last year. Queen is one of the best players in this draft to help them out with that. I'm sure the Saints have seen plenty of Queen, being a LSU player, and have liked what they have seen. Queen will be an instant hit for New Orleans.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-13-12-PM.png

Vikings need a corner badly, they lost both their starters in Rhodes and Waynes. I think AJ Terrell goes in the 1st Round. He's a super athletic, very long, and very good speed corner who has very good coverage ability. Yes, he got abused in the National Championship, and people treat him like that's his real stock, but it's not. Just about anyone outside maybe Okudah would get abused by Burrow, Joe Brady, and Jamar Chase. AJ Terrell is also a great tackler and has the best screen defense in this class. Something the Vikings have coveted for decades.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-13-22-PM.png

Lions, with their 1st Round Pick from the Dolphins select DT Marlon Davidson. He played EDGE for Auburn, but all scouts project him as a 4-3 DT. Lions have a need on the interior and they like big, athletic types. Many people think Davidson sneaks in the 1st Round, as do I.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-13-29-PM.png

Okwara makes it into the 1st Round. Okwara has been slept on by the media, I personally think he goes Late 1st/Early 2nd and Seattle is a team that is never afraid to go out and get their guy. They have a glaring hole at EDGE, and Okwara should be able to start from day one and is a very underrated pass rusher.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-13-36-PM.png

Ravens have a need at 3-4 DE and I think Epenesa is much better fit as a 3-4 DE than a 4-3 DE. He has great size and power, solid run defender, and a very solid pass rusher. Ravens would love to add his services and bolster their defensive line, which the Titans took full advantage of.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-13-41-PM.png

Baun is a solid 3-4 EDGE Prospect that is a great pass rusher, plenty of twitch, and can cover TE's/RB's/Zone Coverage. His instincts are also very good. This is very good value for the Titans here at 29, as Baun is very good prospect and a great fit in their defensive scheme. Baun can also play in a 4-3 as a SLB, and even DE in certain situations. Bauns ceiling in this draft IMO is 18 to Miami and his floor is 32 to Kansas City. Baun will be a 1st Round Selection.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-13-47-PM.png

Packers are usually very Anti-WR in the 1st Round, but they get a very polished WR fall right into their laps with Justin Jefferson. Rodgers will be thrilled with this pick and WR is a huge need for the Packers. I don't think the Packers select a guy like Mims here if Jefferson is gone, as Mims is probably a little green for them, but with Jefferson on the board they absolutely pull the trigger.

TRADE IS IN

San Francisco Receives:

Pick 34

R4 Pick (117)

Tampa Bay Receives:

Pick 31

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-13-56-PM.png

Tampa Bay trades up back into the 1st Round to get their main need on defense, a FS, and they get great great value with Grant Delpit at Pick 31. Great range, great coverage, great ball skills, a very good FS for that division against three of the highest passing teams in the NFL: Saints, Falcons, and Panthers (assuming with Joe Brady). Great pick here.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-14-04-PM.png

Chiefs take a player that I think slips a little bit in this draft in Kristian Fulton. He's the exact corner Spagnuolo likes. He's very versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. Chiefs biggest needs are CB, LB, IDL for future, and RB, and I think they will value Fulton over Kenneth Murray here.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-14-31-PM.png

One of the Bengals biggest needs, a true 4-3 Mike Linebacker, falls right into their lap at Pick 33. No brainer pick for the Bengals. Burrow/Murray looks like a very solid draft so far.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-14-40-PM.png

49ers trade back three spots and get a 4th Round Pick since they didn't have any other draft picks until the 5th Round. Here they add Cesar Ruiz, by far the best IOL of the draft imo. Very very solid interior linemen. One of the 49ers biggest weaknesses last year was against interior pass rush. The first Seahawk game and the Super Bowl against the Chiefs, one of the main reasons they lost both of those games was because of consistent interior pressure. Cesar Ruiz shores that up in a big way.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-14-46-PM.png

Finally, the first RB comes off the board here at Pick 35. And a RB domino effect is about to begin. Lions have needed a Franchise type of RB who way, way too long. Hopefully Taylor is the man for the job and can help the offense pound the rock, taking pressure off of Matt Stafford.

For the Rest of the 2nd Round and Full 3rd Round:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockDraft/4uYQagyiHp

Notes:

- Jags trade Yannick to Bills for Pick 54 in the draft. Feel the Bills is a perfect fit for him and the Bills would gladly give up a 2nd Round Pick. Their window is right now.

- I do have WR's falling a little further than most, happens every year, regardless of how hyped the class is. I do have 3 WR's going in the Top 20 though, which is an extreme rarity.

- I do believe Jacob Eason, Jalen Hurts, and Jake Fromm all go in the 3rd Round and no QB is selected in the 2nd Round. Eason/Hurts are big projects, more than your usual 2nd Round QB Project. Fromm can start right away, but of course, he has limitations. If any of them sneak into the 2nd Round, I'd gamble on Hurts in the final 6-7 picks via some kind of trade, maybe New England or Las Vegas.

Draft Grades:

Draft Grades are based on all three rounds.

AFC East:

New England Patriots: B+

New York Jets: A+

Buffalo Bills: C+

Miami Dolphins: B

AFC North:

Pittsburgh Steelers: C+

Baltimore Ravens: B+

Cincinnati Bengals: A+

Cleveland Browns: B

AFC South:

Indianapolis Colts: B-

Houston Texans: B

Jacksonville Jaguars: B

Tennessee Titans: A

AFC West:

Denver Broncos: A+

Las Vegas Raiders: B+

Los Angeles Chargers: B+

Kansas City Chiefs: B+

NFC East:

Dallas Cowboys: B

Philadelphia Eagles: B+

Washington Redskins: B-

New York Giants: B

NFC North:

Green Bay Packers: B

Minnesota Vikings: B+

Chicago Bears: C

Detroit Lions: B

NFC South:

New Orleans Saints: B-

Atlanta Falcons: B

Carolina Panthers: B

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: B

NFC West:

San Francisco 49ers: B-

Seattle Seahawks: B-

Arizona Cardinals: A-

Los Angeles Rams: C-

Thanks for reading.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

I just don't get why you keep giving us a 4-3 edge player and not a SLB Leo player like Chaisson man lol.   Gross is as you said a 4-3 Edge player which we already have Fowler and Takk there as staters.  The reason im picking Chaisson is because of what we actually need in SLB and Leo which is not what Gross is.   This is even leaving off the off field stuff that we have already discussed enough thats pushing that to the side.   This is talking strictly based on the position they will play in our scheme and the position we actually need.     I personally don't understand the conecpt of taking a guy in round 1 to ride the bench behind 2 guys over a guy that will start day 1 at a position we don't have a player at lol.    Thats like me drafting  Gross Matos and putting him on the Raiders to sit behind Crosby and Ferell the majority of the game and passing on a guy that could be your SLB if you didn't even have 1 on the team.   This is also the reason you don't see me asking for Aj Epenesa anymore and you know for a fact i was wanting him at 16 earlier in the mock season because we needed a Edge player.   Thats not the case anymore and needs change which make players change.

Also note i will say this after reading reviews on quite a few of your players i see you see alot of them way differently than the way i see them in what positions you see them playing at on the next level.   Where as you see Kinlaw and AJ as 3-4 DE's i see them for sure 4-3 players at DT and DE.    I view Chaisson as a 3-4 OLB/ 4-3 SLB/Leo type of player.   Our SLb position is played a ton like a 3-4 olb is played for the most part.

Edited by FalconFan13

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don't think McKinley is very good FalconFan, and I am way higher on Gross-Matos than most. He's my 6th overall prospect and I think he's going high, Top 20.

Rather you or me think Takk is any good or not has nothing to do with it lol.  Quinn seems to love him and Takk gets ton of pressures so as long as he has the Coach's backing the dudes gonna start lol.    But still this goes back to we actually have a capable body at DE we are paying to start that Quinn likes.  We actually don't have a body at SLB even a person you might dislike in Takk is atleast there to play thats much better than throwing out nothing at SLB.     Also overall Takk hasn't been as bad as you are making him out to be either.   He has finished in the top 5 in pressure percent 2 of his 3 years and 2nd in 2018 among all pass rushers.  That means DT, DE, and LB. .  Thats even with Beasley being the guy opposite of him and QB's moving toward Beasleys side.

All im saying is if your that high on him then slide him to the Raiders to replace Ferrell and put next to Crosby :)   Although it could have been worse we could have gotten Henderson although im not sure Matos is that much better of a prospect their both pretty meh when watching them lol.

D7H6IsyV4AA4-Sn?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by FalconFan13

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I don't think McKinley is very good FalconFan, and I am way higher on Gross-Matos than most. He's my 6th overall prospect and I think he's going high, Top 20.

I'm actually with you on this I would've Gross Matos and I am not a fan of Chassion at all. I do think he is very much in play because Quinn values Athletes over everything else but id be ecstatic with Gross Matos as i think this defense will go over a change with Morris as our full-time DC with a full off-season and the Leo position won't be something we use it'll go back to a traditional 4 3 and Takk is probably in his last year in ATL

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

We are NOT passing up Lamb for Kinlaw. The message from the FO throughout the offseason is to find a way to score more points, and Lamb at the top of the list for offensive playmakers in this draft. 

Hold on now if they prefer Lamb at WR at 15  that leaves Kinlaw to the Falcons :D   Best case scenario make it happy Bay you know you love us and want too xD

• Like 3