BayRaider Official Mock Draft w/ Draft Grades (Three Rounds)

BayRaider

6 hours ago, Falconof Shadows said:

I'm actually with you on this I would've Gross Matos and I am not a fan of Chassion at all. I do think he is very much in play because Quinn values Athletes over everything else but id be ecstatic with Gross Matos as i think this defense will go over a change with Morris as our full-time DC with a full off-season and the Leo position won't be something we use it'll go back to a traditional 4 3 and Takk is probably in his last year in ATL

This is the one thing that gives me pause from going all in against this pick is because im not sure if we are or are not switching defensive styles with Morris taking over full DC.  If we do then you are correct the Leo might not be needed as severely as it is right now.   Although i don't dislike Takk anywhere near as much as you do it seems lol.  Still if we do indeed switch away from the Leo position to a more traditional 4-3 then i could sorta see Matos as an option but i haven't seen that said anywhere yet or haven't seen any draft picks put toward it yet so i can't get on board with it until it happens.  For right now we still impliment the Leo/SLB and thats much more needed than a 4-3 DE atleast for this season and year.  If they do indeed draft a traditional 4-3 DE like  Matos or AJ in the 1st round then i will believe we might have switched defensive styles.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Great Bengals draft and kudos for the overall effort.  Question tho.... How do you grade the mock that you did?  Are you guessing what the teams will do, then grading it on your value system?

That’s exactly what this mock is. What I think personally happens, on draft day, not what I would personally do. Therefore I’m grading the GM’s picks. 

Everyones Final Mock I’m assuming is what they think actually happens. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Beautiful format good job

Thanks man! Took me forever to do it this way. 

Even though I knew half of people would complain lol. It’s all good though, I do the same thing. Any time someone gives us Fulton at 19 I get pretty irritated. 

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

This is the one thing that gives me pause from going all in against this pick is because im not sure if we are or are not switching defensive styles with Morris taking over full DC.  If we do then you are correct the Leo might not be needed as severely as it is right now.   Although i don't dislike Takk anywhere near as much as you do it seems lol.  Still if we do indeed switch away from the Leo position to a more traditional 4-3 then i could sorta see Matos as an option but i haven't seen that said anywhere yet or haven't seen any draft picks put toward it yet so i can't get on board with it until it happens.  For right now we still impliment the Leo/SLB and thats much more needed than a 4-3 DE atleast for this season and year.  If they do indeed draft a traditional 4-3 DE like  Matos or AJ in the 1st round then i will believe we might have switched defensive styles.

I'm not a big hater of Takk I just remember hearing around the combine where Quinn slipped up and said they weren't going to pick up the 5th option. And I doubt we hear anything until training camp about any changes i doubt they want to give away any info

On 4/9/2020 at 4:43 AM, BayRaider said:

TRADE IS IN

Las Vegas Receives:

Pick 21

R3 Pick (103)

Philadelphia Receives:

Pick 19

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-12-25-PM.png

Lamb falls further than people expect and Carson Wentz finally gets a very very good WR to work with. They jump the Jaguars, who surely would of selected Lamb at 20, for pick 103 in the draft. Not much of an overpay considering it's a R3 compensatory pick.

I'd be furious if Lamb dropped this far and Howie didn't trade up. Gladly sacrifice #103 to finally get Wentz a Potential legit #1 WR for the next 5-10 years. 🍺👌

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 4:43 AM, BayRaider said:

TRADE IS IN

Las Vegas Receives:

Pick 21

R3 Pick (103)

Philadelphia Receives:

Pick 19

Screen-Shot-2020-04-08-at-4-12-25-PM.png

Lamb falls further than people expect and Carson Wentz finally gets a very very good WR to work with. They jump the Jaguars, who surely would of selected Lamb at 20, for pick 103 in the draft. Not much of an overpay considering it's a R3 compensatory pick.

<3

• Like 1