Who will have the best career?

Doc Draper

Which Top Rated Pass Rusher in the previous and current draft will have the best career  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Top Rated Passer in the previous and current draft will have the best career

• 2014 Jadeveon Clowney
    • 2015 Leonard William
    • 2016 Joey Bosa
    • 2017 Myles Garrett
    • 2018 Bradley Chubb
    • 2019 Nick Bosa
    • 2020 Chase Young

46 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Nick Bosa. The only thing any on that list can have over him is a quicker first step. Hes played smarter, better technique, better hands and such than the rest.

Maybe a couple of the others can grow better on those parts. But he already has it.

Yeah, if I was a betting man (and I am), I would go with Nick then Myles then Chase

Sad thing is that Clowney shouldnt be on this list. He can't stay healthy, and he has had 1 good season with the Texans. Didnt do much in Seattle, which is why Seattle is not bringing him back. His career statistics won't come close to just about anyone on this list. 

8 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Didn't realize how overhyped Nick Bosa was until I read this thread...

My order is:

1. Young

2. Garrett

3. N. Bosa

4. J. Bosa

5. Clowney

6. Chubb

7. Williams

I don’t think people are overhyping Nick. As a complete all around Defensive lineman he or his brother may end up being the best of this list bc not only are a great pass rushers but they’re also great run defenders. I’d have Nick, Joey & Clowney as they best run defenders of this group with Chase & Myles equal there.

And maybe it’s just me, but I don’t think Leonard Williams should be on this list. He’s a 3-4 DE/4-3 DT if he was playing in a 4-3. It’s very rare that interior DL have near or over double digit sacks, JJ Watt withstanding bc he’s a freak of nature. Williams is more of a run defender then a pure pass rusher.

Also, TJ Watt should be on this list - 27.5 sacks the last two years, 2 interceptions last year as an edge rusher, 8 PDs, 8 FFs, 14 TFLs and 36 QB hits!

Edited by turtle28

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think people are overhyping Nick.

They are if they think he's better than Garrett.

Before his suspension, Cleveland Browns edge defender Myles Garrett recorded an NFL-high 25% PFF pass-rush win percentage across 300 pass-rushing snaps.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-signature-stats-spotlight-defensive-line

Also:

6 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

They are if they think he's better than Garrett.

Before his suspension, Cleveland Browns edge defender Myles Garrett recorded an NFL-high 25% PFF pass-rush win percentage across 300 pass-rushing snaps.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-signature-stats-spotlight-defensive-line

Also:

I believe I said,”all around.” The Bosa’s and Clowney are the elite run defenders. I guess its a preference. I prefer the ”all-around” DL even if that means he not getting 15 sacks a year. People always point to Clowney’s lack of sacks, but they ignore his run defense bc that's not as easy to track.

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I believe I said,”all around.” The Bosa’s and Clowney are the elite run defenders. I guess its a preference. I prefer the ”all-around” DL even if that means he not getting 15 sacks a year. People always point to Clowney’s lack of sacks, but they ignore his run defense bc that's not as easy to track.

What makes you think Garrett isn't a great run defender?  Garrett had a better PFF run defense grade 2 out of his 3 years in the league than Nick Bosa did this past season.  And had a better run defense grade than Joey Bosa every year except this past one.

39 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I'll say it again on Clowney, if Bryce Harper an average to above average offensive player but great defensively, we would call him a bust.  Same with Clowney man.  He never had an elite pass-rushing season.  It's great that he can stop the run, but as the Redskins show, any team can draft or sign role players to fulfill that role (Tim Settle, Mason Foster.). If I pick someone #1 overall, they better be putting up elite numbers across the board AND be good/great at stopping the run.  

27 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

What makes you think Garrett isn't a great run defender?  Garrett had a better PFF run defense grade 2 out of his 3 years in the league than Nick Bosa did this past season.  And had a better run defense grade than Joey Bosa every year except this past one.

I watched Bosa control the line of scrimmage in the playoffs like few DL do. 

11 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'll say it again on Clowney, if Bryce Harper an average to above average offensive player but great defensively, we would call him a bust.  Same with Clowney man.  He never had an elite pass-rushing season.  It's great that he can stop the run, but as the Redskins show, any team can draft or sign role players to fulfill that role (Tim Settle, Mason Foster.). If I pick someone #1 overall, they better be putting up elite numbers across the board AND be good/great at stopping the run.  

When I watch Clowney I see him get pressures and QB hits a lot and I see him penetrate and make plays against the run in the backfield, not at the line of scrimmage or behind it. It's just different and he's always done it.

That comparison makes no sense, it's way off base. It's like you've never seen Clowney play.

Did you watch him vs the Eagles last playoffs? Dominated the line of scrimmage vs arguably the best OL in the NFL. 

Edited by turtle28

None of those guys are "Passers" (per the title of the thread).

Now if we're going Pass Rusher? I dunno if I can put Young in the list just yet because I haven't seen him play one snap of NFL football. My guy tells me it's him. But until he plays, I have to go with Garrett and N. Bosa as my #1 and #2.