Who will have the best career?

Doc Draper

Which Top Rated Pass Rusher in the previous and current draft will have the best career  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Top Rated Passer in the previous and current draft will have the best career

• 2014 Jadeveon Clowney
    • 2015 Leonard William
    • 2016 Joey Bosa
    • 2017 Myles Garrett
    • 2018 Bradley Chubb
    • 2019 Nick Bosa
    • 2020 Chase Young

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

None of those guys are "Passers" (per the title of the thread).

Now if we're going Pass Rusher? I dunno if I can put Young in the list just yet because I haven't seen him play one snap of NFL football. My guy tells me it's him. But until he plays, I have to go with Garrett and N. Bosa as my #1 and #2.

Pssst TJ Watt. People sleep on him, he’s been awesome the last two years.

Like I said up above, 27.5 sacks the last two years, 2 interceptions last year as an edge rusher, 8 PDs, 8 FFs, 14 TFLs and 36 QB hits!

I am not afraid to toss my guy K'Lavon Chaisson on that list and put him about half way. Especially since Im bored and just feel like typing something.

Battled an ankle issue most of the season so think his work gets overlooked. They dropped him into coverage a whole bunch. Hes on the raw side. But explosive, fast and a top flight athlete. Plus he could go to Dallas and face lines like ours a bunch.

Without injuries hed be in discussion with Okudah Simmons and that little group in the mix behind Chase and Burrows. Though with. Using a top 15 pick on him would scare me.

6 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I am not afraid to toss my guy K'Lavon Chaisson on that list and put him about half way. Especially since Im bored and just feel like typing something.

Battled an ankle issue most of the season so think his work gets overlooked. They dropped him into coverage a whole bunch. Hes on the raw side. But explosive, fast and a top flight athlete. Plus he could go to Dallas and face lines like ours a bunch.

Without injuries hed be in discussion with Okudah Simmons and that little group in the mix behind Chase and Burrows. Though with. Using a top 15 pick on him would scare me.

Yeah man, I’m very worried he goes to the Cowboys. I hope someone snags him in the lower teens though before the Cowboys pick. Of course if that happens they can take Gross Mastos from PSU who also is going to be a good one.

The Cowboys may take a DB though bc they do have a decent DL even though they lost Quinn & Collins bc they’ve paid all their offensive players.

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Pssst TJ Watt. People sleep on him, he’s been awesome the last two years.

Like I said up above, 27.5 sacks the last two years, 2 interceptions last year as an edge rusher, 8 PDs, 8 FFs, 14 TFLs and 36 QB hits!

Is he one of the options? Didn't see him up there on the list

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Is he one of the options? Didn't see him up there on the list

He’s not, but he should have been. People overlook TJ Watt/forget about him bc he was a late first round pick and not a high first round pick. 

He should have been on there instead if Leonard Williams who has always been a 3-4 DE and really doesn't fit with the rest bc he's an interior DL and not an edge rusher.

Then, there's Shaquil Barrett, he was an UDFA but had 19.5 sacks last year in Tampa. So again, people don’t think about him bc he was an UDFA.

Edited by turtle28

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s not, but he should have been. People overlook TJ Watt/forget about him bc he was a late first round pick and not a high first round pick. 

He should have been on there instead if Leonard Williams who has always been a 3-4 DE and really doesn't fit with the rest bc he's an interior DL and not an edge rusher.

Then, there's Shaquil Barrett, he was an UDFA but had 19.5 sacks last year in Tampa. So again, people don’t think about him bc he was a man UDFA.

I'm pretty sure the list is of top 5 picks homeslice.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

When I watch Clowney I see him get pressures and QB hits a lot and I see him penetrate and make plays against the run in the backfield, not at the line of scrimmage or behind it. It's just different and he's always done it.

That comparison makes no sense, it's way off base. It's like you've never seen Clowney play.

Did you watch him vs the Eagles last playoffs? Dominated the line of scrimmage vs arguably the best OL in the NFL. 

I've seen Clowney play, and I stand by my statement.  If we're resorting to "he's so great at the run" when confronted with his pass-rushing stats looking so weak, we've got a bust on our hands.  If I draft a pass-rusher #1 overall, I want this guy to be the best at rushing the passer.  Double digit sacks every year.  Double-teamed constantly.  Stopping the run is so far down my list.  This dude was rushing opposite of JJ Watt for years and never got double digit sack totals.  Just think about how absurd that sounds.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I've seen Clowney play, and I stand by my statement.  If we're resorting to "he's so great at the run" when confronted with his pass-rushing stats looking so weak, we've got a bust on our hands.  If I draft a pass-rusher #1 overall, I want this guy to be the best at rushing the passer.  Double digit sacks every year.  Double-teamed constantly.  Stopping the run is so far down my list.  This dude was rushing opposite of JJ Watt for years and never got double digit sack totals.  Just think about how absurd that sounds.  

I’m of the opinion Clowney is a bust. I’ve felt that way for awhile. 

• Like 3

I've said this for years, people sleep on Clowney’s effectiveness bc he doesn't get a lot of sacks, they overlook his pressures and plays in the run game and what that means for a defense too. He was great last playoffs vs Phila - arguably the best OL in the NFL.

In his two playoff games he seemed to be coming into his own w/ 1.5 sacks, 12 tackles, 3 tackles for loss and 3 QB hits.