Who will have the best career?

Doc Draper

Which Top Rated Pass Rusher in the previous and current draft will have the best career  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Top Rated Passer in the previous and current draft will have the best career

• 2014 Jadeveon Clowney
    • 2015 Leonard William
    • 2016 Joey Bosa
    • 2017 Myles Garrett
    • 2018 Bradley Chubb
    • 2019 Nick Bosa
    • 2020 Chase Young

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They might not want to unless we overpay for them. That’s what Cerrato used to do. Just make them the best offer by $5 million or so and they can’t turn down the extra $.

So, the question is whether it is better to build through the draft or to build through free agency?

I think it’s been proven since 1993 - when FA started - that it’s still best to build through the draft and then to use FA to try to get you over the hump when you’re in the verge of being a playoff team or are one of the last teams in the playoffs. I mean the best teams in the league have been building that way since 1993.

Stick to MY QUESTION, If they don't want to sign because we had Haskins what difference would a Rookie Lawrence make? Or just simply say you think Lawrence is better than Haskins. 

Edited by Skins212689

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Stick to MY QUESTION, If they don't want to sign because we had Haskins what difference would a Rookie Lawrence make? Or just simply say you think Lawrence is better than Haskins. 

I think Lawrence is one of the best QB prospects ever. So, yeah, I think he’s a better prospect then Haskins.

That being said, I am with Lavar, that’s not something I’m even entertaining at this point bc as I’ve said in every thread and every discussion I have had with you for months about the draft, I don’t think Haskins will regress.

I think most players don’t regress from year to year and the only reason they might is bc they’re lazy - and I don’t think Haskins is - bc of injury or change in their schemes year after year after year like with Jason Campbell, 3 different offensive schemes in the first 4 years of his career.

I think Haskins is going to throw for over 3,000 yds next year, over 20 and have less then 15 ints. I think Rivera, DelRio & Scott Turner will think that will be enough of a building block for their future and they will do as Lavar said take Penei Sewell, LT from Oregon with around the 5th pick.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think Lawrence is one of the best QB prospects ever. So, yeah, I think he’s a better prospect then Haskins.

That being said, I am with Lavar, that’s not something I’m even entertaining at this point bc as I’ve said in every thread and every discussion I have had with you for months about the draft, I don’t think Haskins will regress.

I think most players don’t regress from year to year and the only reason they might is bc they’re lazy - and I don’t think Haskins is - bc of injury or change in their schemes year after year after year like with Jason Campbell, 3 different offensive schemes in the first 4 years of his career.

I think Haskins is going to throw for over 3,000 yds next year, over 20 and have less then 15 ints. I think Rivera, DelRio & Scott Turner will think that will be enough of a building block for their future and they will do as Lavar said take Penei Sewell, LT from Oregon with around the 5th pick.

So if they do end up with the #1 pick your taking Lawrence. That's still different than what I'm getting from Lavar, he's taking the Sewell regardless. So would I based on the fact getting the #1 pick doesn't say Haskins ALONE is the reason the TEAM has that record. That's where we disagree and as said your entitled to your opinion just stick to it. 

16 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So if they do end up with the #1 pick your taking Lawrence. That's still different than what I'm getting from Lavar, he's taking the Sewell regardless. So would I based on the fact getting the #1 pick doesn't say Haskins ALONE is the reason the TEAM has that record. That's where we disagree and as said your entitled to your opinion just stick to it. 

Lavar & I are saying the same thing. If we had the #1 pick it would be bc Haskins was truly awful, and then we’d have a decision to make but neither one of us see that happening.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Lavar & I are saying the same thing. If we had the #1 pick it would be bc Haskins was truly awful, and then we’d have a decision to make but neither one of us see that happening.

Well I disagree. If they are picking #1 it doesn't have to be because Haskins was truly awful.

They could be picking #1 because Haskins got hurt, Rivera didn't add enough pieces this offseason, the effects of Covid-19, not adding a reliable TE, injuries at other positions, regression by other players, Guice/Peterson/Love, ect. Point blank I'm not replacing Haskins after 2 years and seeing all that he has been delt. Especially if he's doing all the right things as a Team Leader off the field 1st. 

4 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Haskins is my Kirk Cousin's. 

I sure hope Haskins becomes that good. If he becomes that good, we draft Chase Young, Guice stays healthy and we are able to retain Terry and our DL for the next 5 years it’s going to be a fun ride!

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I sure hope Haskins becomes that good. If he becomes that good, we draft Chase Young, Guice stays healthy and we are able to retain Terry and our DL for the next 5 years it’s going to be a fun ride!

If you actually mean that than you'd be willing to pass on Lawrence. 

Kirk was benched for freaking Colt McCoy but yet still got opportunities to win his job back. You on the other hand would be ready to replace Haskins next year if Lawrence is reachable. Those are #Facts from this discussion with you. 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

If you actually mean that than you'd be willing to pass on Lawrence. 

Kirk was benched for freaking Colt McCoy but yet still got opportunities to win his job back. You on the other hand would be ready to replace Haskins next year if Lawrence is reachable. Those are #Facts from this discussion with you. 

That's not what I said, I said exactly what Lavar said.

Where's my apology?

It's like you never read what anyone writes and just throw bombs into every post.

Kirk was benched in 2014 - his first year with extensive starting bc he had a few bad games out of a handful of starts. Gruden gave up on him too soon that year.

Go look at the game logs from that season. 

Kirk was on his way to a 4,000 yd season with around 25 tds in 2014 in his first year starting. His issue was ints in just two games, but some of the greatest of all time start off their first year or two with issues with ints and then they mature.

Edited by turtle28

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That's not what I said, I said exactly what Lavar said.

Where's my apology?

It's like you never read what anyone writes and just throw bombs into every post.

Kirk was benched in 2014 - his first year with extensive starting bc he had a few bad games out of a handful of starts. Gruden gave up on him too soon that year.

Go look at the game logs from that season. 

Kirk was on his way to a 4,000 yd season with around 25 tds in 2014 in his first year starting. His issue was ints in just two games, but some of the greatest of all time start off their first year or two with issues with ints and then they mature.

Dude I said I disagree with both of y'all in the post above the one I say Haskins is my Kirk Cousins. 

The same way you justify Cousin's being benched and then getting another opportunity. I'd justify Haskins not having that great of a 2nd year because everything I already named and Us still passing on Lawrence and giving Haskins another opportunity. 

We don't agree and I'm fine with that. If Lavar feels the same way as you I don't agree with him ethier and I say that in my post as well. 

Well I disagree. If they are picking #1 it doesn't have to be because Haskins was truly awful.

They could be picking #1 because Haskins got hurt, Rivera didn't add enough pieces this offseason, the effects of Covid-19, not adding a reliable TE, injuries at other positions, regression by other players, Guice/Peterson/Love, ect. Point blank I'm not replacing Haskins after 2 years and seeing all that he has been delt. Especially if he's doing all the right things as a Team Leader off the field 1st. 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Dude I said I disagree with both of y'all in the post above the one I say Haskins is my Kirk Cousins. 

The same way you justify Cousin's being benched and then getting another opportunity. I'd justify Haskins not having that great of a 2nd year because everything I already named and Us still passing on Lawrence and giving Haskins another opportunity. 

We don't agree and I'm fine with that. If Lavar feels the same way as you I don't agree with him ethier and I say that in my post as well. 

Show me one time where I said Haskins should be benched, you won't find it bc I’m one of his biggest fans.

And before you say Lawrence, that's an entire different conversation and I'm sorry that you can't understand what I'm saying about it. I'm saying exactly what Lavar is saying.

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Show me one time where I said Haskins should be benched, you won't find it bc I’m one of his biggest fans.

And before you say Lawrence, that's an entire different conversation and I'm sorry that you can't understand what I'm saying about it. I'm saying exactly what Lavar is saying.

Show me where I accused you of saying Haskins should be benched. 

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

How did this morph into a "Haskins" thread. Back to the Future where every thread turned into a love/ hate Cousins thread ! Love it ..!

The life of a "not quite great" Washington Redskin QB (RGIII, Cousins, Smith, Haskins, etc.)