Breeland returning to Chiefs on one year deal

Bullyball

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Thanks for the background.  I'm hoping Fuller can get back to his 2017 form at Nickel here, back when he was PFF's #2 ranked CB.  It won't hurt that he should be playing behind a much stronger DL than he did in 2017.  I love his versatility as well.

I think the Chiefs were wise to keep Breeland and I'm impressed at the continuity they've been able to maintain so far this off-season.

I do hope he returns to form for you guys. He was still a good player for us, just never the great one we hoped for. I will say, his struggles in the slot were mostly early this past year, but much of our D was struggling then as they adjusted from Sutton to Spags. He hit his stride switching to FS the same time a lot of guys really started getting comfortable and productive in the system, so he may have solidified regardless of where he was. He was good for us in 2018, it was just overshadowed by how horrendous our safety play was that year. I was telling anyone who would listen that year that Fuller, Nelson, and Ward were good players, but Murray and Parker were not NFL caliber safeties that year. Hopefully Fuller pans out in Washington like Nelson did in Pittsburgh.

• Like 4

I always liked Breeland. I wanted the Redskins to invest in him rather then overpaying for Norman in 2016. He’s a solid corner. I’m happy he’s back with the Chiefs and will have a chance at another Super Bowl. Honestly, I wanted the Redskins to sign him rather then Darby or sign both but Rivera was almost gushing over Darby in his conference call the other day. He and DelRio really like Darby.