13 members have voted

1. 1. if we trade down best team to deal with

• dolphins(still top 5)
    • Chargers( top 6)
    • Jags (top 9 and maybe Yannick Ngakoue
    • Pats(top 23 and maybe Joe Thuney
    • Saints (top 24 and maybe Kamara
    • other team(include your team and reason

there has been chatter/ mocks that have the lions trading down. my question is what trade down idea do you think would be best. I don't  think the saints/Pats  ones are legit but it would be interesting if that did happen...  Also if we traded down with the saints/pats i could see us making a move for Chris Jones/ Trent Williams since this staff is in a win now mode. 

If we were to trade down, I think Miami gives us the most bang for our buck. This team is lacking on elite talent.  I think elite, young, cheaper talent is what we need, not vets.  With so much talent in this draft moving down 5 still gives us our pick of a number of elite talent in this draft (comparatively speaking) and gives us the ability to land a lot of that second day talent.  I think this would be absolute best case scenario.

Those trades more detail in order to have a preference.  It seems like these huge draft day trades are 50/50 chance of being one of the teams everyone expects to it being a team out of left field.

i essentially have 3 tears in this draft

Burrow, Tua, Chase

Okudah, Simmons 

Brown, Kinlaw, Thomas, Bechtan, Wills, Wirfs, Juedy, Ruggs, Lamb. Then Chaison on the cusp of this group but I’m hesitant to but him in there, his style gives him slightly higher bust potential. 

Way outside the box trade

SF send Jimmy G to NE for the 2nd and 5th this year and 2021 2nd

BB is up to something , he has to have a better plan at qb I wonder he has a pre draft agreement with some if things go a certain wat

Lions get- 13, 31, 37 , 156

SF gets Tua.

49ers are in a serious position to go the rookie qb deal strategy.  They are young and already have good players on rookie deals and few higher priced guys that should play play out there contract threw there prime.  Get rid of JG contract for a rookie would help them bring in another impact player or 2 over next few years and/ pay little.  They’d still have the Pats 2nd and there full draft next year plus NE’s 2nd. Tua turns into Russ Wilson 2.0 and that’s a potential dynasty

Lions absolutely load up on picks and can still get a really good player at 13 in this draft. Would have 4 picks in top 37 plus 2 3rd rounders.  Come out of that with something like Kinlaw, Diggs,  Mims,  T. Lewis, Bredeson , Niang would be pretty sweet 

edit- never mind this entire stupid thins, Pats don’t even have a 2nd I looked at a mock on a Pats site that had them trading for 37 dis not read that part

Edited by BigC421/
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I could see us trading down with the Dolphins to 5 grabbing both their seconds (Quinn sucks at trades so we probably only get a 3rd) and then honestly we open up for business again at 5.  I bet the Chargers would give us something to move up one spot for the QB.  Teams do it all the time.  Look at the bears for Trubisky just a few years ago.  Even if we collect a 5th to move down one spot it’s a deal since we still get our player.

On 4/11/2020 at 10:19 AM, diehardlionfan said:

The Chargers would be my bet. Detroit and NY aren’t taking QB’s so Miami doesn’t have to move. If the Chargers want one of the top QB’s they probably need to move up.

That’s true they aren’t but that doesn’t mean other teams aren’t going to do it.  That’s what facilitates these trades.  The fear that someone else might jump up and take your guy.  If the Dolphins really think Tua or Herbert is their guy they are going to make sure they get them.  If it turns out they aren’t willing to give up something to grab their guy and he’s a stud they are all getting fired.  ANd for the Fins they have so much draft capital they can outbid other teams take a chance on say Tua, still have 2 more first round picks and then if he sucks still have a ton of capital to try and get Lawrence or Fields next year.

3 hours ago, Millenhater said:

That’s true they aren’t but that doesn’t mean other teams aren’t going to do it.  That’s what facilitates these trades.  The fear that someone else might jump up and take your guy.  If the Dolphins really think Tua or Herbert is their guy they are going to make sure they get them.  If it turns out they aren’t willing to give up something to grab their guy and he’s a stud they are all getting fired.  ANd for the Fins they have so much draft capital they can outbid other teams take a chance on say Tua, still have 2 more first round picks and then if he sucks still have a ton of capital to try and get Lawrence or Fields next year.

You make a good point about other teams moving up.

I'm convinced that it's the Chargers. Dolphins are in year 2 of their rebuild with a ton of draft capital. I don't know if they have the same external pressures to succeed this year. Chargers have a new stadium, new uniforms and have several pieces for a pretty solid team. Getting a new face of the franchise is going to help sell tickets and jerseys while they have a chance to be competitive on the field. 

i honestly wouldn't be upset if we dropped from 3-16(Atlanta's pick) with a few trade downs. pick up picks for next years draft. hear me out i know this will sound like a madden/ fantasy day. 

Mia trades 5 &39- det for 3. qb/o-line

Chargers 6 &rd 3 pick 71- det for 5. the other qb

Atl trades 16 next yrs 1 and pick 78 to det for 6- Okudah

2 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

i honestly wouldn't be upset if we dropped from 3-16(Atlanta's pick) with a few trade downs. pick up picks for next years draft. hear me out i know this will sound like a madden/ fantasy day. 

Mia trades 5 &39- det for 3. qb/o-line

Chargers 6 &rd 3 pick 71- det for 5. the other qb

Atl trades 16 next yrs 1 and pick 78 to det for 6- Okudah

I'd need a lot more from ATL to move down that far, but I'm not against that move (with the right compensation).

33 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'd love it if the Raiders made a move for #3, offering #12, #19 and a 3rd round pick. Realistically, I believe it's between MIA and LAC, and I think it'll end up being MIA on draft day.

The only reason I’d take this trade is because i fear they either stay at 3 or trade to 5 or 6 and take brown.  I’d feel better about taking Brown at 12 or someone else than taking him 3-6