AAA's Attempt at a Mock

AnAngryAmerican

Well it's a slow Thursday at work so I figured I'd throw together a quick mock.  Please note, I don't follow college prospects at in-depthly as many of you do, so please be kind. 

1.15: Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama - The writing is on the wall that WR is likely to be a the pick. Is it what I would do? No. But I understand why Elway & Co. are likely to go this way. 

2.46: Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah - Physical CB who is a good tackler and strong in run support. 

Trade: Denver trades #83 and #118 to Miami for #70

3.70: Lucas Niang, OT, TCU - Developmental OT prospect with good athleticism and measurables who needs some refinement. 

3.77: Nick Harris, IOL, Washington - Experienced, multi-year starter who projects best at center, will compete for playing time and maybe even a starting job right away. 

3.95: Troy Dye, LB, Oregon - Speedy, instinctive LB who can play in passing situations against TEs/RBs, something this team has been lacking since Danny T left. 

Trade: Denver trades #178 and a 2021 5th round pick to Seattle for #133

4.133: Derrek Tuszka, EDGE, North Dakota State - tested wonderfully at the combine, where we reportedly with him, developmental player at a position Elway values highly. 

6.181: David Asiasi, TE, UCLA - TE who can play all three downs but needs refinement, will grow into a role in the seasons ahead as the cupboard at TE is bare after Noah Fant. 

Trade: Denver trades #252 and #254 to Carolina for #221

7.221: Josiah Coatney, DL, Ole Miss - another player with whom we met; productive with a good motor and Kolar can work on refining the raw areas of his game.

Summary: I think the team has been pretty open about what positions they will target in the draft. Our needs are pretty obvious and I think they will look for prospects like they have in recent years that were productive, experienced players from upper-echelon college programs. We make a couple trades here and there to move up in a few rounds and come away with eight players, which is about what I expect from our 10 picks. As I said, be kind. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 2

Not bad but......i think Lamb , Jeudy and Ruggs are all gone after the 13th pick. If Denver want  one of the 3........trade up is a need.

I prefer a trade down if all 3 are gone.

Denver trade 15th and 77th and next year 4th rd (1255+ 4th 2021) for Jax 20th and 42th (1330)

You have an extra 2rd. 

3 picks in the 50's. You can add a WR/CB/OT 

WR=Mims /Jefferson/Higgins/Reagor/Hamler/Shenault

CB=Diggs/Gladney/Terrell/Johnson

OT=Jones/Cleveland/Ruiz/Biadasz/Wilson/Wanoghoe/Cushenberry

Would be very happy with this mock although I don't think Ruggs lasts until 15.  Not sure if Nick Harris has the bulk/strength to hold up, I watched Senior Bowl highlights and Ive never seen a guy get pushed around like he was during drills.  Overall I like it.  

4 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Love it, but do the Broncos need another TE?  I mean Vannett is going to be All-Pro next year. 

Five TE’s already on the roster, three legit guys, and two still with potential to become contributors. That said, grabbing a practice squad guy in the 6th is never a bad play.

47 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Five TE’s already on the roster, three legit guys, and two still with potential to become contributors. That said, grabbing a practice squad guy in the 6th is never a bad play.

I agree. I’m partial to the idea of grabbing Jared Pinkney (Vandy) in the 7th if he’s there. He reminds me of house. Bigger TE, primarily a blocker, lacks the speed to exploit the seems, but solid hands and has a nose for the soft spot in the zone. I think he could develop into a solid #2 TE should injuries continue to derail the careers of Butt and Fumagalli.

after his junior year he was talked about as a day two pick but a downgrade in QB (ironically enough from Kyle Shumur, Pat’s son) led to a subpar season.

Edited by broncos_fan _from _uk