Division rivals that killed you

Dome

Thank god they're gone now, but Steve Smith really really hated the Saints and stuck it to 'em every chance he got.  Nothing but respect for Smith, one of my favorite players ever, but thank god he's gone.

And Brent Grimes used to terrorize Brees during his time with the Falcons. I was so glad when he went to Miami.

Which division rivals did/do you least look forward to seeing?

Marion Barber and Brian Dawkins.

No RB has ever come close to terrorizing the Giants like Barber had. He'd average 30 yards a game all season. But against us would drop 140/3tds with ease.

Dawkins was just an overall madman, consistently great, would always be a match up I'd dread.

Titans: Chris Johnson destroyed the Texans defense just about every time he touched the ball. I think the Texans held him to under 100 yards once. Albert Haynesworth personally destroyed Matt Schaub's career as well (even during a short stint with Tampa Bay).

Jags: Mike Thomas and Cecil Shorts turned into Antonio Brown vs the Texans. Defensively, Jalen Ramsey looks like a Texans killer going forward.

Colts: TY Hilton was (and still is) a killshot on every route against Houston. Duane Brown had absolutely no answer against Dwight Freeney as well, just put him on skates for four quarters at a time.

The entire Colts franchise. Always. For so long.

I can't think of any non-elite players that fit the category. Of course guys like Andre Johnson and J.J. Watt have given the Titans problems, but it's not like they necessarily played beyond their career averages.

4 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Hines Ward, Troy Polamalu, and Ed Reed used to be huge Bengal killers. 

Mike Mitchel still is, more literally than in the playing good football sense.

Likewise Vontaze Burfict is a Steeler killer.

Lot of bad blood there. 

When the Jags were in the Steelers division Fred Taylor and Rashean Mathis would always have big games. Taylor set the record for most yards rushed in a game at the old Three Rivers Stadium with 234. Mathis had four career interceptions and returned two for TDs.

Likewise when the Oilers/Titans were in the division Steve McNair was a player that would give Pittsburgh fits. Just when you think he was sacked he got out of it and either ran for a first down or completed a pass for one.

Haloti Ngata was a monster against Pittsburgh when he played for the Ravens. I was not sad to see him depart. Ed Reed had six interceptions in his career against the Steelers.

Former Bengal Reggie Nelson has six career interceptions against the Steelers as well.

11 hours ago, Gmen4ev said:

Marion Barber and Brian Dawkins.

No RB has ever come close to terrorizing the Giants like Barber had. He'd average 30 yards a game all season. But against us would drop 140/3tds with ease.

Dawkins was just an overall madman, consistently great, would always be a match up I'd dread.

I miss Dawkins terribly. We really had it good in the early 2000s with him, Reed, and Polamalu. Each one of them made the game funner to watch 

16 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Thank god they're gone now, but Steve Smith really really hated the Saints and stuck it to 'em every chance he got.  Nothing but respect for Smith, one of my favorite players ever, but thank god he's gone.

And Brent Grimes used to terrorize Brees during his time with the Falcons. I was so glad when he went to Miami.

Which division rivals did/do you least look forward to seeing?

I saw the topic and Steve Smith was the very first player who came to mind for the Saints. Every game he would walk right into the locker room, pick out a DB and tell him "put your hand in my back pocket" and then toss a pack of cigarettes to our DC and mumble "He's mine today, coach".

Or at least that is how it felt every game against the Panthers.

12 hours ago, theJ said:

Mike Mitchel still is, more literally than in the playing good football sense.

Likewise Vontaze Burfict is a Steeler killer.

Lot of bad blood there. 

Mike Mitchel is an annoying one.  He'll suck 75% of the season and somehow still kill us.

Also, Jabaal Sheard used to dominate our OTs.  Glad he's gone...

Archived