Texans trade for WR Brandin Cooks

Texansfan713

Just now, jrry32 said:

He's got an ego like most WRs, but he wasn't a problem here to my knowledge. We have too many WRs, and this is a strong WR class. His production plummeted partially because of his injury and partially because the OL didn't block well enough for us to use Cooks's bread and butter routes.

He was overpaid 

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Jags going to have two top 10 picks in 2021. 

Nah. I expected us to trade a WR. Thought it would be Woods because we'd save cap room. But Cooks is the best of the three to offload due to his contract. It's the one position where we can easily spare losing a guy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You’re joking me right.....?

At pick 40 you have possibly: Denzel Mims (he’s not gong in the 1st imo), Brandon Aiyuk, Tee Higgins, Jalen Reagor, and KJ Hamler. Heck, Hamler is a lot like Cooks!

BoB is an absolute idiot. 

They traded 57. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Based on last year, sure.

But he's been v good prior. If he can get back to those ways, and at only 26...

I completely agree. The main factor now is his concussions. He’s one or two away from calling it a career even at young age of 26

• Like 2

Just now, jrry32 said:

Nah. I expected us to trade a WR. Thought it would be Woods because we'd save cap room. But Cooks is the best of the three to offload due to his contract. It's the one position where we can easily spare losing a guy.

Thank God it wasn’t Woods

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Holy freaking hell, make it stop...

Need you to go get several drinks, walk away maybe pull a Matt and go to Reddit for awhile. Not 6 months but get away from here before you go on a Phreak Type Rampage of inappropriate postings where Webby has no choice but to Kill his first born with a Ban. Walk away, Run like a thief in the Night! 🥃

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Based on last year, sure.

But he's been v good prior. If he can get back to those ways, and at only 26...

He's a very good player. I was hoping we'd keep him, have him bounce back in 2020, and trade him for more next off-season. But the Rams clearly don't want to deal with his contract in 2021 and don't want to risk another concussion.