Texans trade for WR Brandin Cooks

Texansfan713

its sad how i go on twitter an i see "Trending: Texans, (Insert Player name here)" and automatically think " jesus christ what now" 

thats literally how i find out about all our free agency moves for the past year

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, JonStark said:

If Cooks stays healthy, you'll enjoy having him.

I'm just happy to unload the contract. 

In essence, we traded DeAndre Hopkins for Brandin Cooks. 

Cooks is a good player, but he's not in the same tier as Hop. So, forgive us for not being overcome with joy.

• Like 1

Would have liked this if this was for a 4th, or even a 3rd. But to give up a second round pick for someone with serious concussion problems and a really awful contract?  Just another head scratcher.

Maybe they think that they can get more out of the Cardinals for Hop with the whole not being able to complete physicals so the 2nd round pick doesn’t matter as much. 

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

In essence, we traded DeAndre Hopkins for Brandin Cooks. 

Cooks is a good player, but he's not in the same tier as Hop. So, forgive us for not being overcome with joy.

Sadly, we didn't. We traded DeAndre Hopkins for Brandin Cooks, a year's devaluation on a 4th round pick, and the boondoggle contract of a washed up RB.

Cooks is a good dude, but he's declining and has concussion concerns. Just like DJ is a good guy, but has never been better than average (and usually well below avg) after injuries.

I'm beginning to think BOB stopped watching football in 2016, and makes all deals accordingly. Everyone around him is afraid of getting fired (probably including Cal, somehow) and won't tell the emperor that he's not wearing any clothes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

His contract is only 8 million this year and we could cut him for no cost next year. 

So we're just throwing away a 2nd round pick, in years where we have none.

Sounds like BoB to me.

• Like 2