Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Texansfan713

Texans trade for WR Brandin Cooks

Recommended Posts

We do have more depth. If we had a full season of health from everyone, we are gonna have a great receiving core. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We do have more depth. If we had a full season of health from everyone, we are gonna have a great receiving core. 

we lack a real number 1 wr.  im willing to bet the offense gets worse and watson's stats will too, plus you cant bank on everyone getting healthy. 

Edited by Texansfan713

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

His contract is only 8 million this year and we could cut him for no cost next year. 

But we gave up a 2nd for him.... so we lose out a cost controlled player for 4 years... in one of the deepest WR drafts in years...

Not good roster management 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I’m not giving BOB any benefit of the doubt but the guys either a lunatic, or a mad genus. We shall see. Just 1 season of good health and we will have a really good offense though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

even if they are healthy i still dont see this offense being top 10.  o brien has never had a top 10 offense here and now he is giving a coach first time playcalling duties?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Hey I’m not giving BOB any benefit of the doubt but the guys either a lunatic, or a mad genus. We shall see. Just 1 season of good health and we will have a really good offense though. 

He's a lunatic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

even if they are healthy i still dont see this offense being top 10.  o brien has never had a top 10 offense here and now he is giving a coach first time playcalling duties?

we Have so much talent on offense right now. The problem is they all have injury histories. If Johnson, cooks, Fuller and the line are all healthy, we will be top 10 for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

we Have so much talent on offense right now. The problem is they all have injury histories. If Johnson, cooks, Fuller and the line are all healthy, we will be top 10 for sure

not buying with this staff.  kubiak managed to have top 10 offenses with less talent.  o brien really doesn't have an excuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

not buying with this staff.  kubiak managed to have top 10 offenses with less talent.  o brien really doesn't have an excuse.

I believe Watson is so great he can carry poor coaching, especially if he doesn’t have to run for his life 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I believe Watson is so great he can carry poor coaching, especially if he doesn’t have to run for his life 

It goes hand and hand.  Watson can only do so much.  He would greatly benefit from having a good HC coaching him.  Give OBrien any top 5 QB and I guarantee that QB wouldn't be THAT successful as he should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are saying this might lead to us trading Stills. That would be extremely dumb. With the injury history of Fuller/Cooks/Cobb, we need to keep 6 WRs on the roster including Stills/Carter/Coutee. Or if we have to cut a guy, cut Coutee or Carter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

People are saying this might lead to us trading Stills. That would be extremely dumb.

Extremely dumb is sort of the MO in this FO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cooks this past season had only 1 100 yard receiving game.  1!  That was playing with a better HC and offensive weapons.  I'm still not happy with this trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

Cooks this past season had only 1 100 yard receiving game.  1!  That was playing with a better HC and offensive weapons.  I'm still not happy with this trade.

I put some of that on Jared Goff, he wasn't good this season and he'd lock onto Cooper Kupp. 

I still don't like the trade, but it's not because of that. It should have been for our 3rd, because the contract and the injury history are worrisome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I could be excited for this trade because Brandin Cooks plays to Deshaun and to BoB's strengths and what they want in a receiver - speed.

But I can't. I just hope he shows up, cause hes effectively our no.1 receiver right now if he plays to 2018 level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×