Texans trade for WR Brandin Cooks

Texansfan713

On 4/10/2020 at 4:22 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

I believe Watson is so great he can carry poor coaching, especially if he doesn’t have to run for his life 

Yep! I think Watson will actually have his best year yet if injuries don't go against him, he has his best games when Fuller is in cause BoB creates the scheme to benefit the speedsters, now he has two of them catching balls and Cooks is probably faster (though 40-yard wise they're roughly the same.) 

The only issue is Hopkins cause he was the reliable one you could throw the ball to and it was always getting caught. Now you have to rely on Stills for that. Yikes.

Edited by Drained

1 hour ago, Drained said:

Yep! I think Watson will actually have his best year yet if injuries don't go against him, he has his best games when Fuller is in cause BoB creates the scheme to benefit the speedsters, now he has two of them catching balls and Cooks is probably faster (though 40-yard wise they're roughly the same.) 

The only issue is Hopkins cause he was the reliable one you could throw the ball to and it was always getting caught. Now you have to rely on Stills for that. Yikes.

I think cobbs is gonna be our reliable 10 yard guy this season. 

I expect a ton of screens to our two RBs and our speedy WRs, which is scary because when has BOB ever called a screen play that actually worked. 

my hope is that this season 85% of our first down plays aren’t runs up the middle. 

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

i wouldnt hold my breath

Any rational person would conclude that the moves we have made this off season signal a transition to a more pass happy spread offense. We have 4 TEs, 3 speedy WRs, 2 pass catching RBs who aren’t built to run downhill. 

it’s amazing that we are probably gonna still be a run first team 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Any rational person would conclude that the moves we have made this off season signal a transition to a more pass happy spread offense. We have 4 TEs, 3 speedy WRs, 2 pass catching RBs who aren’t built to run downhill. 

it’s amazing that we are probably gonna still be a run first team 

so it took him 7 years to do that?  sorry im not buying it.  also our tight end core is still one of the worst in the league.  you can have all the speed you want, that dont mean anything if they arent getting open which o brien has shown he cant coach, and if they cant stay healthy.  

44 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

also our tight end core is still one of the worst in the league.  

Eh...I would call it "unproven" more than the worst. Darren Fells was a TD machine and led TEs in TDs, and Kahale Warring is still an unknown.

I know there's gotta be some team out there with a worse unit. Seattle? Pittsburgh?

It's a small debate at most.

2 hours ago, tab said:

i would love having brandin cooks or david johnson on the team knowing we still have hopkins, but the trade absolutely sours everything

I actually agree with this. Johnson, Cooks and Randall Cobb WITH Hopkins? I'd be really excited about what the season could look like with an offense like this.

But, Hopkins was the centerpiece. No Hop, no go.

23 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

also our tight end core is still one of the worst in the league.

Don't give BOB ideas. He'll trade more high draft picks for someone that was good 4 years ago, like a 2nd and 3rd for Jimmy Graham. That feels like a BOB trade. Schedule the indignant press conference for the week after so BOB can tell fans we're stupid while Cal sits meekly behind him hoping BOB doesn't fire him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

word on the streets is that BOB is going to cut Coutee and trade Stills before the season starts

Yeah, I absolutely see Stills on the way out. He's the type that BoB hates - in that he has an opinion and will question things.