Brandin Cooks traded to Texans

BEASToftheEAST4

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

I’ll have whatever you’re having. 

Its not about the just the roster. There are new systems that both offense and defense will have to learn. Let’s see how the  players fit/respond to the scheme. 

Not to mention, we lost our top offensive producer and key defensive players who made big time plays

There is also the part that we are in the most stacked division in the league. 

Lastly, our QB had a ****ty season last season to where he still looked lost at times trying to figure out defenses

Of course, none of the above will matter if Goff can play like the franchise QB he’s capable of being and putting the team on his back.

That is the question which remains to be seen. He will have to earn that contract next season. If he does, then we’ll be in good hands 

I cant blame you for feeling the way you do. Every fanbase has that one fan or multiple fans who feel doom and gloom. Like right now my friend who is a Saints fan is saying doom and gloom for the Saints all because they lost to the Vikings combined with how the previous two playoffs have gone. Then he has been saying for years Brees is going to retire every offseason and so forth. I had to be the one to say look the Saints have won at least 11 games each other past 3 seasons and I dont see them falling off. Again Ill keep screaming to the mountains that if an organization have good structure at the top which is owner, gm, coach, and qb they will be ok. Kroenke will spend the money to help the team be successful. Snead isnt afraid to go for it and he is smart in terms of working trades and the draft system. We know how great of a coach McVay is and the least of my concern is who he brings in as his coaches. He knows what he is doing. Now Goff some believe in him and some dont. Count me in as someone who believes in him. He as well as the entire team had a crappy season and the Rams still barely missed the playoffs. I keep saying that if Zeurlein makes the GW FG in Seattle the Rams are in the playoffs despite all the injuries, despite Goff having a horrible season. Unless you think the Rams will literally get worst than last year then hey you could be right if the injuries get worst and Goff get even worst. I dont think that will happen. Cant predict injuries but outside of last season the Rams have typically been great with not having a mass roster full of injuries. I strongly believe Goff will bounce to have at least a good season. The schedule on paper looks alot easier than last year when it comes to playing the AFC/NFC East which we know are the weakest divisions plus the Rams have a 3rd place schedule. The Seahawks wont win 10+ games decided by 7pts or less again. The reason why is because two years ago they only won 6 games decided by 7pts or less. The Rams had alot of unlucky things happen like the missed FG by Zeurlein, couldnt stop one 3rd and 16 and they had two chances to do so on the same drive against the Niners that lost them the game. How about the two no fumble calls against the Steelers that on the road in a close game the Rams needed. So like things just didnt go the Rams way in terms of the ball bouncing but it did for the Seahawks and that was the difference between 2nd and 3rd place in the toughest division in football but most importantly one time with a winning record getting in and the other team with a winning record not. 

Edited by stl4life07

48 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

See, to me, the other way is most logical.

We Know that Kupp is a stud in the slot, and that when he is there for Goff to rely on this whole offense clicks. That has been proven over the past 2 seasons. Why would we mess with that?

Why wouldn’t we put the new guy outside, especially of he is mostly running the deep route tree of 9s, Flags, and Posts (ala Djax)?

Honestly, when you put it like that I could see it both ways. I'm looking at it like trying Kupp outside because he already has NFL experience and starting the rookie (Hamler in this case) where has already has most of his experience in the slot as there is going to be a step up in competition anyway. 

It's probably safer for the offense to keep your stud Kupp in the slot, but would be better for the rookie's development to start him off where he's comfortable. 

5 minutes ago, RamRod said:

I like this for us. Got a good return. We still have some offensive firepower and now we have some more flexibility in the draft.

Yeah the Rams dont lack offensive firepower. We still dont know what we have in Henderson. Let the guy get unleashed and while I love Gurley, he clearly has concerns or else the Rams wouldnt have traded up to get Henderson and then an offseason later decide to cut Gurley. If Im the Rams Im loading up on linebackers and offensive lineman in the draft. Thats what they need. They dont need a receiver or tight end. You can say they need a back but I dont think so. Henderson I strongly feel has a chance to prove why most thought he was the 2nd best back in last years draft only behind Jacobs. The Rams dont need bodies on the defensive line especially when they brought back Brockers, signed Robinson, still developing Gaines, and of course have Donald. They dont need defensive backs because Johnson III will be back, Rapp is there, Hill, Long, and of course Ramsey. So again the linebackers and offensive line I think the Rams have to focus on and then hopefully at some point the Rams can draft a kicker. Hopefully lightening will strike twice and we can find the next Zeurlein in the 5th round or later. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RamRod said:

I like this for us. Got a good return. We still have some offensive firepower and now we have some more flexibility in the draft.

So the question becomes....Do we move up to #21 with Philly and take K'LAVON CHAISSON or do we move back and collect more 3rd rounders?

36 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

So the question becomes....Do we move up to #21 with Philly and take K'LAVON CHAISSON or do we move back and collect more 3rd rounders?

Dont tease me like that lol. Im an LSU Tiger through and through and I would LOVE for the Rams to get Chaisson. Has the Rams even shown interest in him?

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Dont tease me like that lol. Im an LSU Tiger through and through and I would LOVE for the Rams to get Chaisson. Has the Rams even shown interest in him?

I don't think so lol I was just playing around with DraftNetwork's mock drafts and Philly accepted #52 + #57 for #21 and he was there. I would be against moving up since we need more affordable contracts on the roster. 

9 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I don't think so lol I was just playing around with DraftNetwork's mock drafts and Philly accepted #52 + #57 for #21 and he was there. I would be against moving up since we need more affordable contracts on the roster. 

Ok I got you. I personally wouldnt be against moving up because I want talent over cheap. I get the affordable contract idea but if Chaisson can be the next great pass rusher in the NFL then Ill take him over deciding on affordable contracts any day. 

I wouldn't be shocked if we use these picks to move around and get the RB we want. Which I think is Dobbins. 

He is a day one starter, and then we get oline help, someone along the lines of Saffold, and bring back that run game.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Riftty said:

I wouldn't be shocked if we use these picks to move around and get the RB we want. Which I think is Dobbins. 

He is a day one starter, and then we get oline help, someone along the lines of Saffold, and bring back that run game.

Dobbins is at the top of my wishlist. Him and Henderson would be a top 5 duo in the league I feel like. If he's there at 52 I would pull the trigger and trade #57 to Jets for #68 and #79 if they would take it. OR #57 for #80 and #91 with Oakland. Not sure if they would do that unless a prospect they love fell to that spot. 

1 hour ago, Riftty said:

I think there’s a very good chance Dobbins is there at 52. With our limited capital, I’m certainly not trading up for him. I wouldn’t be trading up for anyone besides a premier LB, Edge or Center if they dropped a little bit. We have too many needs and too few quality picks to be trading up.