Brandin Cooks traded to Texans

BEASToftheEAST4

14 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I’ll admit that I was wrong that they wouldn’t get rid of those guys. 
But do you really think that Snead actually worked things out all that well here?

Our whole premise was that it was going to hurt us cap wise if we made these moves, potentially cripple us for this year. And that a team who was planning on competing for a Super Bowl (and opening a brand new stadium) wouldn’t be operating under those conditions. 

Seems like Snead got the go ahead for a pass on this season if he was going to clear up the cap going forward, and would actually save Kroenke the new cash flows, even if it completely butchers the cap this year

I think Snead admitted he made a mistake and corrected it before it got out of hand.

We will be more than competitive this season.  We will be a playoff team. We signed 2 OL, 2 DL, and pending a OLB. We were active. We cut bait on players that didn't fit into our future, we made room for players that will fit our future, and now we have two 2nds and two 3rds in a draft deep at positions we don''t need pushing players we do want into our laps. 

We will draft another RB, an ILB, EDGE, and OL with our first 4 picks and once we hit June 2nd we might have some cap to sign a Vet that's been cut (Gostkowski?). Trust in Snead and McVay. We will see another SuperBowl in the next 3 years. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I think Snead admitted he made a mistake and corrected it before it got out of hand.

We will be more than competitive this season.  We will be a playoff team. We signed 2 OL, 2 DL, and pending a OLB. We were active. We cut bait on players that didn't fit into our future, we made room for players that will fit our future, and now we have two 2nds and two 3rds in a draft deep at positions we don''t need pushing players we do want into our laps. 

We will draft another RB, an ILB, EDGE, and OL with our first 4 picks and once we hit June 2nd we might have some cap to sign a Vet that's been cut (Gostkowski?). Trust in Snead and McVay. We will see another SuperBowl in the next 3 years. 

It blows my mind how many people think our roster is bad. I honestly think with a great draft and luck in the injury department! We could be a 12-13 win team. Our defense has gotten better without losing much. Also, is HIll a free agent???

• Like 3

I don’t really disagree with anything you said, but...

36 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

We will draft another RB, an ILB, EDGE, and OL with our first 4 picks

You were that guy, so you know this will be coming back at you now if we dont

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Cause he is really talented and without the concusions he's Deseason Jackson 2.0

Im completely fine with our skill positions other than runningback honestly. Id be pissed if we drafted yet another WR. Goff has more than enough weapons, a 2nd is too high a pick for yet another one.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Both of those guys can play outside just as well (possibly even better) than Kupp can. Pegging those guys as Slot guys is an old way of thinking. 

I'm a PSU fan and watched Hamler exclusively. He probably CAN play the outside, but assuming that he'll be able to with the step up in competition is a little premature. He was primarily a slot guy in college and excelled at it, so if we go that route, I think the most logical option to start would be to give Kupp the chance outside first and alter it from there if necessary. 

Also, never pegged Mims as just a slot guy. 

10 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

It blows my mind how many people think our roster is bad. I honestly think with a great draft and luck in the injury department! We could be a 12-13 win team. Our defense has gotten better without losing much. Also, is HIll a free agent???

I’ll have whatever you’re having. 

Its not about the just the roster. There are new systems that both offense and defense will have to learn. Let’s see how the  players fit/respond to the scheme. 

Not to mention, we lost our top offensive producer and key defensive players who made big time plays

There is also the part that we are in the most stacked division in the league. 

Lastly, our QB had a ****ty season last season to where he still looked lost at times trying to figure out defenses

Of course, none of the above will matter if Goff can play like the franchise QB he’s capable of being and putting the team on his back.

That is the question which remains to be seen. He will have to earn that contract next season. If he does, then we’ll be in good hands 

• Like 1

I really think Snead locked up guys early to build excitement for the franchise being back in LA and getting us to the stadium. Honestly, I think the stadium opening getting pushed a year screwed us. We wanted to have some excitement, so we signed guys to long term deals early for the PSL's and now we're cutting bait to grow next year. CONSPIRACY FILES

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

I'm a PSU fan and watched Hamler exclusively. He probably CAN play the outside, but assuming that he'll be able to with the step up in competition is a little premature. He was primarily a slot guy in college and excelled at it, so if we go that route, I think the most logical option to start would be to give Kupp the chance outside first and alter it from there if necessary. 

Also, never pegged Mims as just a slot guy. 

See, to me, the other way is most logical.

We Know that Kupp is a stud in the slot, and that when he is there for Goff to rely on this whole offense clicks. That has been proven over the past 2 seasons. Why would we mess with that?

Why wouldn’t we put the new guy outside, especially of he is mostly running the deep route tree of 9s, Flags, and Posts (ala Djax)?

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

Ok so I didnt find out about this trade to literally late last night when my friend text me and asked if I like this trade. I told him yes. The reasons is that the Rams got a 2nd round pick. That again shows how great Les is when it comes to pulling off trades. So the Rams have (2) 2nds and (2) 3rds to play with if they want to move up in the draft but most likely use one of those picks or maybe two and move down to pick up extra picks. Cooks has a serious history of concussions and yes he could be one or maybe two concussions away from being done. I wish him the best because I think he is super talented. If healthy he is easily the best receiver for Houston. He is so underrated because people look at him and think since he played with Brees then Brady thats why he was so successful. He came to the Rams and people thought he would fall off the map with Goff but his first year he had 80 catches 1204yds and 5 tds with Goff. The claims people made that since Watkins didnt do well and Cooks was replacing Watkins that Cooks wouldnt do well was ridiculous. I know last season he didnt do well but the entire Rams offense struggled until they started implementing the tight ends and we saw the offense start to get better. I think thats another reason moving on from Cooks make sense. McVay is reshaping the offense again and this time its through Higbee and Everett while obviously Kupp and Woods still being a big part of the offense. The days of possibly seeing 11 personnel like 90+ percent of the time is over imo so the Rams dont need 3 high end receivers. Not to mention they are high on Reynolds and so am I so when they do go 11 personnel they wont be lacking. So again I love the move for the Rams from what they got and well I feel bad for the Texans because they got rid of arguably the best receiver in the NFL in Hopkins who is young and healthy for a 2nd round pick and gave up a 2nd round pick for a young guy who isnt on the same level as Hopkins and is literally one or two concussions away from being done although I do wish Cooks well. Texans fans will literally be holding their breath every time Cooks takes a hit. Again O'Brien need to get out of Houston because he is hurting the team big time both on the field and off the field.