2000s Thriller - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

2 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Have you seen it? There is like 1 action scene, and the rest of the movie is Odysseus tracking down who threw him in the room and why. 

To me this scene alone puts it into action.

Oh and this one, not an action film, sure.

13 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Have you seen it? There is like 1 action scene, and the rest of the movie is Odysseus tracking down who threw him in the room and why. 

Don’t waste your time.  Dude uses subject matter in his arguments about what is/isn’t a comedy.  Oldboy is a thriller and 10 people in the world might consider it action.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Is Fight Club an action movie because of a couple "fight" scenes?

No.  Does Fight Club has one of the best fight scenes in the last 20 years? Nope.

imdb lists OldBoy as action, drama mystery in that order.  OldBoy for wikipedia is technically called a action thriller, what part of it is action, what is thrilling, so what it is both.  Who the hell cares really, that is why this category is kind of BS in terms of putting said movie into category or not.  

Memento (The ONLY movie my son ever swiped from me.  (I'd actually like it back, but it's not going to happen.  He loves Christoper Nolan's work.)

A History of Violence.  A gripping, violent movie.

The Departed.  God I hated Matt Damon's character.

One Hour Photo (Robin Williams, disturbed as all get out.)

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (Philip Seymour Hoffman was great....frigging drugs :( )

Nominations
The Prestige
Eastern Promises
Oldboy 
Inside Man
Blood Diamond

Honorable Mentions
A History of Violence
Spy Game
Unbreakable 
Memento 
No Country For Old Men
American Psycho
Battle Royale
Collateral
The Bourne Trilogy 
Michael Clayton 
Out of Time

Memento

No Country for Old Men

The Departed

Eastern Promises

And um, I'm not sure if people are calling it action or whatever, but since we've got other crime films here, I don't understand how City of God doesn't have a ton of noms already.  If it makes it through, it probably gets my final vote.