Sign in to follow this  
Trentwannabe

Final Mock Draft 2020

With just two weeks until the Draft begins I figured I'd do one more mock draft for the year now that free agency is mostly over with.

Round 1:
Ya Digg?

Bills Aquire Diggs

Round 2, Pick 54:
Safety Kyle Dugger Lenoir Rhyne
NFL Draft's Best Kept SECRET ūü§ę || Lenoir-Rhyne Safety Kyle Dugger ...

- The talk of Buffalo's defense being complete with Big Nickel or "Buffalo Nickel" can be put to bed with this guy coming aboard. 

*TRADE*
Bills see a draft crush falling and Beane does we he does best. Goes and gets his guy. Bills send Pick 86 and 128 to Atlanta for pick 78 and 228.
Round 3, Pick 78:
WR Chase Claypool Notre Dame

WR Chase Claypool breaks out in Notre Dame's win at Northwestern ...

- Bills add another weapon for Josh some much needed size for the redzone. High character and a good Canadian boy helps here too ;)

Round 5, Pick 167:
LB Shaq Quarterman Miami

Shaquille Quarterman Scouting Report

- Someone the Bills have shown interest in for a while. At worst he is depth. At best, his charisma helps him see the field on early run downs and bring some thud. Former Captain.

Round 6, Pick 188:
RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn Vanderbilt 
Vanderbilt running back KeShawn Vaughn 5 running Editorial Stock ...

- Buffalo is going to add another RB at some point and IMO if they don't do it in the second round, it'll be late in the draft. Vaughn is a tough runner who makes you earn tackles on him.

Round 6, Pick 207:
DE DJ Wonnum South Carolina
D.J. Wonnum, South Carolina, Weak-Side Defensive End

- Most fans will want to address Edge before now but I don't think Beane feels that way. Hughes, Murphy and Addison are a proven group. Johnson as a rookie showed promise last year and Quinton Jefferson can bounce outside to play End if needed. The Bills end up taking a flier on a high character guy here as Wonnum has experience standing up as a LB, playing DT and DE similar to a Zo role.

Round 7, Pick 228: 
OG Gage Cervenka Clemson
Gage Cervenka Stock Photos, Editorial Images and Stock Pictures ...

- Bills had a large brass at Clemson pro day including OL Coach Bobby Johnson. He gets a project to work with who can maybe become an interior flex guy for us.

Round 7, Pick 239:
QB James Morgan Florida International 
Camellia Bowl Prediction and Preview: Florida International vs ...

- Bills have said to be interested in him and he has some connection with Bills QB coach Ken Dorsey. Maybe can push Barkley in year 1?

Depth Chart:

QB: Allen, Barkley
RB: Singletary, Yeldon, Vaughn, Jones
FB: Dimarco
TE: Knox, Kroft, Sweeney
WR: Diggs, Brown, Beasley, McKenzie, Claypool, Williams, Roberts
LT: Dawkins, Nsehke
LG: Spain, Cervenka*
C: Morse
RG: Feliciano, Long
RT: Ford, Williams

DE: Hughes, Johnson, Wonnum
DT: Oliver, Butler, Jefferson
DT: Lotulelei, Phillips
DE: Addison, Murphy
LB: Milano, Thompson, 
LB: Edmunds, Matakevich
LB: Klein, Quarterman
CB: White, Norman, T. Johnson, Wallace
BNickel: Dugger, Marlowe
SS: Poyer, Neal*
FS: Hyde, J. Johnson

K: Hauschka
P: ?
LS: Reid

*Two PS guys designated to make 55 game day roster

Morgan will be drafted before then. I think he goes around 5th round. Which is fine by me. He looks to be overtated. He underthrows every deep ball. Those are easy picks for NFL level safeties.

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

Morgan will be drafted before then. I think he goes around 5th round. Which is fine by me. He looks to be overtated. He underthrows every deep ball. Those are easy picks for NFL level safeties.

He very well might go before then but I ran two mock draft simulators side by side and he was available both times for our 7th round pick. 

Nice, not big on Quaterman. I think Vosean Joseph is better. Hopefully he has a healthy pre season

Not a bad draft would have liked to have gone earlier for RB but grabbing Claypool is a nice consolation. As Billsguy said not a fan of Quarterman, I think that the bills have enough LB help with Joseph healthy and picking up kline dont think this is the right move in the draft. I do see Morgan going in the 7th round, find it hard to believe that he would be taken earlier. If you look at the history of how many qbs are being taken in a draft which has been between 10-13 over the last 5 years, then look at the rankings of QBs in this draft Morgan has been between 13-14. Just going off of some of that stuff even with the connection to Dorsey I could see Morgan being an UDFA guy. I doubt it happens but swapping Quarterman to RB in the 5th and then finding a qb in the 6th rd if Hurts is still out there take him and see what he can do as he could be turned in to a guy similar to taysom hill for the first few years.

Not related to your mock but you mention qb which many haven't discussed. Would people be mad if a guy like fromm or eason fall to the 4th rd and bills on the clock go take him? or Hurts in the 6th?

I think Joseph has a lot to prove to even make the roster. Before his injury last training camp he was still 3rd on the depth chart. I definitely think he'll see fierce competition.

As for your question @soflbillsfan I wouldn't be upset if we grabbed a QB in the mid rounds if they're clearly the BPA. I would be interested to know what homework, if any, Beane and his staff have done on some of these guys. 

On 4/11/2020 at 11:59 AM, Trentwannabe said:

I think Joseph has a lot to prove to even make the roster. Before his injury last training camp he was still 3rd on the depth chart. I definitely think he'll see fierce competition.

As for your question @soflbillsfan I wouldn't be upset if we grabbed a QB in the mid rounds if they're clearly the BPA. I would be interested to know what homework, if any, Beane and his staff have done on some of these guys. 

we will see bills are currently holding 8 roster spots for LB. Assumption is Milano Edmunds and klein are starters with Joseph, Thompson, Dodson, Phillips, and Matakevich. I assume Dodson and Phillips are likely camp bodies. I believe the bills had stuck with 5 LBs on the roster last year. With Matakevich more for special teams I could see them keeping 6 this year. Will be tough for a late rd LB to stick on the roster this year.

I'd love to get a Stud RB in the 2nd but the 2 realistic players I want in the draft are Claypool WR and Fromm QB im thinking 3rd to 5th rounds they will go 

On 4/12/2020 at 1:29 PM, soflbillsfan said:

we will see bills are currently holding 8 roster spots for LB. Assumption is Milano Edmunds and klein are starters with Joseph, Thompson, Dodson, Phillips, and Matakevich. I assume Dodson and Phillips are likely camp bodies. I believe the bills had stuck with 5 LBs on the roster last year. With Matakevich more for special teams I could see them keeping 6 this year. Will be tough for a late rd LB to stick on the roster this year.

Don't forget with 55 now on the active roster (the extra two coming from the PS each week) a late round rookie or a guy like Dodson from last year could be a prime candidate. 

I also think it may depend if we land Dugger or Chinn in the second round. If we do then I could see us keeping just 5 LB's and 11 DB's with Buffalo Nickel being a big part of the defense. 

20 hours ago, Buffalo Fan said:

I'd love to get a Stud RB in the 2nd but the 2 realistic players I want in the draft are Claypool WR and Fromm QB im thinking 3rd to 5th rounds they will go 

Taylor,  Swift, Dobbins or CEH would be a very nice pick up for this offense and good value at 54.

Not that anyone could have seen it coming, but the signing of Boehm means picking up Cervenka is a no-go now. Excellent that you spotted the need for a flex interior O-Lineman though, as Boehm can play C or G! Realistically frees you up to take a late round shot at someone with maybe an injury that lead to a hiccup in performance last year...I got no suggestions though.

On 4/13/2020 at 2:07 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Taylor,  Swift, Dobbins or CEH would be a very nice pick up for this offense and good value at 54.

I don't know the initials CEH is but I do know that if we were able to get a Swift, Dobbins, Taylor at 54 or possibly move up to get one of them would be amazing.  We need a back like that to team with Motor.  My dream scenario would be to land one of those 3 at 54 then 3rd round Claypool then next pick Fromm I really think that combo would be an amazing draft

1 hour ago, Buffalo Fan said:

I don't know the initials CEH is but I do know that if we were able to get a Swift, Dobbins, Taylor at 54 or possibly move up to get one of them would be amazing.  We need a back like that to team with Motor.  My dream scenario would be to land one of those 3 at 54 then 3rd round Claypool then next pick Fromm I really think that combo would be an amazing draft

Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Buffalo Fan said:

Clyde Edwards-Helaire, LSU RB. I am not a fan of trading up for an rb in the 2nd as there really isnt necessary as it may cost them picks. To go up last year 2 spots in the 2nd rd it cost them a 5th, which I would be okay with but if it involves a 3rd or 4th rd pick I think its best to stay put. I like Taylor but my concerns with both him and dobbins are the miles they already have from college and taylor's fumble issues. Not sure how well Dobbins can be catching balls out of the backfield but I know CEH and Akers have been solid at that in College.

Bills are 1 of 7 teams who recently had a video chat with Dobbins, Texans, Dolphins, KC, Saints, Lions, and Packers will be drafting ahead of the bills so if they truly like him he wont last to 54. Your talking picks 24-40 with those 6 teams, that would cost the bills a 3rd or 4th rd pick to get up there to be in the mix if not a future 2nd rd which I am not a fan of giving up. 

Bills still have needs at long term edge, long term #2 CB, and WR/TE depth so giving up capital that can help those holes would be short sided. you have to think that 2-4 rds players have a shot at starting right away or talent to become a starter with special teams assistance, 5-7 are long shots at their position to start (still a chance ie Milano) and special team assistance so giving up that capital to move up for a said #2 rb doesnt make much sense especially with the other options out there in the draft who bring a lot of talent.

Edited by soflbillsfan