2 Weeks Out Mock Draft

WindyCity

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

I'm not sold on Monty but I've got to agree. Also fwiw I like Etienne more than any back from this class right now. There's good talent, and maybe even potential for greatness, but it's not like "omg must have" talent like a Barkley. Then again that might be more as a result of the top 3-4 all feeling pretty close from my limited scouting of the position. 

Regardless just the optics of us taking Monty last year, followed by him fighting like a mad man for every yard despite being constantly met in the backfield because of atrocious blocking, and then essentially scapegoating him by drafting a replacement already, would make Pace look less than competent at his job. 

Currently we have Monty and TC and TC is more of a receiving threat ! You wouldn't take Jonathan Taylor at 43 ??

THEN hit OL (Hunt would be fantastic) at 50

27 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Currently we have Monty and TC and TC is more of a receiving threat ! You wouldn't take Jonathan Taylor at 43 ??

And then have another group of bad WR's and TE's? The Bears aren't going to run the ball a ton & they moved up last year for Montgomery. Why go down that road again? Taylor also fumbles a bunch.

1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

I don't think Nagy is anywhere near committed to the run enough to have both Taylor and Monty truth be told. 

That said I think Taylor provides a hypothetical home run threat that I don't think Monty does on the ground. In the air, Taylor is more projection since he simply wasn't used much in the passing game. 

I much prefer going with Antonio Gibson with what Nagy is trying to do. The kid is explosive and arguably at least as much WR as he is RB, so he could get a few reps in the backfield, but also get significant usage split out much like Cohen or even at the same time as Cohen. 

Edited by Epyon

On 4/10/2020 at 8:56 PM, beardown3231 said:

And then have another group of bad WR's and TE's? The Bears aren't going to run the ball a ton & they moved up last year for Montgomery. Why go down that road again? Taylor also fumbles a bunch.

Bad WR's and TE ??

Nagy will get better at implementing and conveying, via new coaching, how to run the football within the framework of his offense.

You think Monty is all we need there ?? TC is an OW not a RB. 2nd yr Monty and JT would make an excellent tandem with Cohen lining up all over place.

after the OL signings, RB S & CB are our biggest holes. ODonnell finally had an above average season ha ha so P is ok for now 

On 4/10/2020 at 9:59 PM, Epyon said:

I don't think Nagy is anywhere near committed to the run enough to have both Taylor and Monty truth be told. 

That said I think Taylor provides a hypothetical home run threat that I don't think Monty does on the ground. In the air, Taylor is more projection since he simply wasn't used much in the passing game. 

I much prefer going with Antonio Gibson with what Nagy is trying to do. The kid is explosive and arguably at least as much WR as he is RB, so he could get a few reps in the backfield, but also get significant usage split out much like Cohen or even at the same time as Cohen. 

you said it yourself, we already have Cohen. TCs due to get paid soon but he has also shown that he deserves to get paid" and stick around .....at least for as long as we have 2 low cost Rookie RBs carrying the Rushing load

8 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Bad WR's and TE ??

Nagy will get better at implementing and conveying, via new coaching, how to run the football within the framework of his offense.

You think Monty is all we need there ?? TC is an OW not a RB. 2nd yr Monty and JT would make an excellent tandem with Cohen lining up all over place.

after the OL signings, RB S & CB are our biggest holes. ODonnell finally had an above average season ha ha so P is ok for now 

Yes, right now the group of TE's and WR's are collectively bad. Their #1 WR is really good, but their #2 is extremely unreliable and clearly a dummy. Their #3 WR is a 7th round pick who's a preseason HOF'er and their #4 could barely see the field last season. Onto TE's, where the #1 is a shell of his former self and the #2 is constantly "injured."

This group of skill players rival some of the 2008-2011 teams. It's a pathetic set of guys.

I don't necessarily believe in Montgomery to the fullest but he had some really nice moments last year, and again, Pace traded up for him. He used a 4 on Cohen. He's now going to use another high pick on an RB? You can understand from not only my POV but Pace's why this doesn't make sense to do, right?

If Montgomery is only going to get 15-20 carries a game and Cohen another 5-7, where does that leave Taylor or whoever (and for the record, I love Cam Akers)? It just wouldn't be the best use of resources especially considering the aforementioned weak skill guys + the below average OL.

They still need a P, btw :)

Edited by beardown3231

On 4/11/2020 at 3:34 PM, dll2000 said:

Because OLs make RBs not other way around in modern NFL.  

Saquon  Zeke, Jacobs Henry etc would disagree. Monty would also disagree after amassing 900 yards behind that monstrocity we called an OLine last yr !!

23 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Also, we probably already have a RB...

I think Monty is great, but he is 85% of the RB position right now, we need another RB why not draw from a young cheap talent pool. WR draft depth will cause all other positions to fall in the draft

• Like 1

Just now, SLCbear said:

I think Monty is great, but he is 85% of the RB position right now, we need another RB why not draw from a young cheap talent pool. WR draft depth will cause all other positions to fall in the draft

Cohen has turned out to be a bust. But, right now, we have to get a RB late, like, maybe even a UDFA. That's just how the needs of the team are shaking out...

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yes, right now the group of TE's and WR's are collectively bad. Their #1 WR is really good, but their #2 is extremely unreliable and clearly a dummy. Their #3 WR is a 7th round pick who's a preseason HOF'er and their #4 could barely see the field last season. Onto TE's, where the #1 is a shell of his former self and the #2 is constantly "injured."

This group of skill players rival some of the 2008-2011 teams. It's a pathetic set of guys.

I don't necessarily believe in Montgomery to the fullest but he had some really nice moments last year, and again, Pace traded up for him. He used a 4 on Cohen. He's now going to use another high pick on an RB. You can understand from not only my POV but Pace's why this doesn't make sense to do, right?

If Montgomery is only going to get 15-20 carries a game and Cohen another 5-7, where does that leave Taylor or whoever? It just wouldn't be the best use of resources especially considering the aforementioned weak skill guys + the below average OL.

They still need a P, btw :)

RB will always be a focus in any offense. Pay Cohen and let the 2 young guns grow together. Miller will catch on/catch up on maturity, its yr 3 for him and he knows he made some bone head plays last year, but the kid can play 

TE isn't as dire imo, we at least have 2 solid bodies there. 

11 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Cohen has turned out to be a bust. But, right now, we have to get a RB late, like, maybe even a UDFA. That's just how the needs of the team are shaking out...

A bust ????

he's a scoring threat every single play   and had one subpar year !