2 Weeks Out Mock Draft

WindyCity

7 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

RB will always be a focus in any offense. Pay Cohen and let the 2 young guns grow together. Miller will catch on/catch up on maturity, its yr 3 for him and he knows he made some bone head plays last year, but the kid can play 

TE isn't as dire imo, we at least have 2 solid bodies there. 

What decade do you think it is?

I enjoyed the 90s as well, but this is craziness.

RB is not the focus of any offense that is why they rarely get paid, do not get drafted that high anymore, and teams swap.

I am not paying Tarik Cohen. 

9 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

RB will always be a focus in any offense. Pay Cohen and let the 2 young guns grow together. Miller will catch on/catch up on maturity, its yr 3 for him and he knows he made some bone head plays last year, but the kid can play 

TE isn't as dire imo, we at least have 2 solid bodies there. 

And if it's going to be here, it's going to be Montgomery being featured, not him + a 2nd rounder. 

TE isn't as dire? Because they signed Jimmy Graham's corpse? Oh jesus...

Also, they're not going to pay Cohen if they take an RB. Cohen would be gone, whether it's in his walk year or earlier via trade, especially considering how tight against the cap they are.

5 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

A bust ????

he's a scoring threat every single play   and had one subpar year ! 

453 offensive touches

14 TDs

That also does not factor in the fact that he does not get many grind it out touches.

I wish he was a legit threat to score every time he touches the ball.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

And if it's going to be here, it's going to be Montgomery being featured, not him + a 2nd rounder. 

TE isn't as dire? Because they signed Jimmy Graham's corpse? Oh jesus...

Also, they're not going to pay Cohen if they take an RB. Cohen would be gone, whether it's in his walk year or earlier via trade, especially considering how tight against the cap they are.

what TE at 43 is better value ??

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

What decade do you think it is?

I enjoyed the 90s as well, but this is craziness.

RB is not the focus of any offense that is why they rarely get paid, do not get drafted that high anymore, and teams swap.

I am not paying Tarik Cohen. 

I didn't say 'the focus', I said 'a focus'. Rushing is apart of football in any era, and it's a LONG season. Having two highcaliber backs, esp on cheap cap-friendly deals is not a bad way to go  If Cohen has a season like any of his other seasons, minus last year, he will stay and get paid ! 

why are people hating on my man TC ??

7 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

I didn't say 'the focus', I said 'a focus'. Rushing is apart of football in any era, and it's a LONG season. Having two highcaliber backs, esp on cheap cap-friendly deals is not a bad way to go  If Cohen has a season like any of his other seasons, minus last year, he will stay and get paid ! 

Because he runs side to side way too much and was noticeably slower last season, and like Windy said, he isn't a threat to score on every touch like you think he is.

What NFL team has 2 "high caliber" backs?

16 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

what TE at 43 is better value ??

I'm not advocating a TE. I'm advocating a WR. I was simply including TE in the conversation because right now they have 1 pass catcher you can truly count on. If they can have 3 good receivers (assuming stupid Anthony Miller can ever figure things out), that's going to help a lot more in today's NFL with this head coach than 2 good RB's will.

Edited by beardown3231

16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Because he runs side to side way too much and was noticeably slower last season, and like Windy said, he isn't a threat to score on every touch like you think he is.

What NFL team has 2 "high caliber" backs?

I'm not advocating a TE. I'm advocating a WR. I was simply including TE in the conversation because right now they have 1 pass catcher you can truly count on. If they can have 3 good receivers (assuming stupid Anthony Miller can ever figure things out), that's going to help a lot more in today's NFL with this head coach than 2 good RB's will.

31 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If we pick a RB in the 2nd round after investing 3 draft picks on RBs last year I will chuck my remote and break my social isolation to punch Pace in the face.

at WR the USC kid Pittman Jr is intriguing, I love his size !

Any 2 of Taylor, Dugger, Dantzler or  PJr   would make me very happy !

1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

Because he was terrible last season and the way Nagy forces him to be a massive part of the offense when he is not that efficient is an issue.

Have a high calibre line and who is playing RB doesn’t really matter.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

There is only 1 TE I would take in round 2: Kmet

WRs in Order

Mims

Reagor

Shenault

Hamler

OGs

Ruiz

Cushenberry

Hunt

OTs

Jones

Jackson

Wilson

I love Shenault as a player. His attitude fits in perfectly in this city... but I have genuine concerns about his health. He plays so hard and takes so many hits because he seeks them out. If he can learn to not do that as much, that's fine but it's a double edged sword because that's his style

19 hours ago, SLCbear said:

A bust ????

he's a scoring threat every single play   and had one subpar year ! 

It wasn't subpar, it was flat out bad. The previous season wasn't anything special, either. When the offense is actually worse when he's on the field--taking losses because he's convinced he's going to out-maneuver the entire defense, or scrambling horizontally instead of plowing ahead vertically--then yeah, that's pretty much the embodiment of a bust, in my book. The guy was awful. Now, granted, he was misused, and that factors into it...but he had maybe a handful of good plays the entire year. And that's on him. I hope he turns it around, and I'm forced to eat my words, but he was so fundamentally unsound that I kind of doubt I'll ever have to. 

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It wasn't subpar, it was flat out bad. The previous season wasn't anything special, either. When the offense is actually worse when he's on the field--taking losses because he's convinced he's going to out-maneuver the entire defense, or scrambling horizontally instead of plowing ahead vertically--then yeah, that's pretty much the embodiment of a bust, in my book. The guy was awful. Now, granted, he was misused, and that factors into it...but he had maybe a handful of good plays the entire year. And that's on him. I hope he turns it around, and I'm forced to eat my words, but he was so fundamentally unsound that I kind of doubt I'll ever have to. 

It wasn't bad, it was flat out horrendous.

Having him on the field was totally useless. 18 explosive plays in 2019 down to 2. YAC yards cut in 1/2. 

• Like 2