Cowboys - Build The Board, Round 1: Pick 24

DaBoys

DALLAS COWBOYS BIG BOARD     

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #24 Player on our big board?

• DE- Curtis Weaver, Boise St
    • RB - Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin
    • RB - J.K. Dobbins, Ohio State
    • DT - Justin Madubuike, Texas A&M
    • LB - Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma
    • CB - Jaylon Johnson, Utah
    • DT - Ross Blacklock, TCU
    • C - Cesar Ruiz, Michigan
    • QB - Jordan Love, Utah St.
    • RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Clemson
    • WR - Brandon Aiyuk, Arizona St.
    • CB - Kristian Fulton, LSU
    • WR - Laviska Shenault jr., Colorado
    • S - Grant Delpit, LSU
    • CB - A.J. Terrell, Clemson
    • S - Antoine Winfield Jr., Minnesota
    • OT - Austin Jackson, USC
    • RB - D'Andre Swift, Georgia
    • WR - Justin Jefferson, LSU
    • WR - Tee Higgins, Clemson

The #18 guy on DJs top 50 4.0 is OLB Kenneth Murray from Oklahoma.

Kenneth Murray, LB
Kenneth-Murray-1.jpg

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior 

Murray is an off-the-ball, run-and-hit linebacker. He is at his best when he's free to chase and make plays to the perimeter. He closes in a heartbeat and he is an explosive tackler. He struggles when he has to play off blocks and locate the football through the trash inside, as he doesn't use his hands and gets swallowed up. He has had some success dipping and slipping blocks. He is very athletic in coverage versus running backs, easily mirroring them in space. He is also a very dynamic blitzer. Overall, I believe Murray would be best served to play outside and off the ball, where he would be afforded clean sight lines to attack with his speed.

OUKennethMurrayGIF.gif

886b1b30-1920-11ea-b67c-083930b84486

DelayedSpottedCollardlizard-size_restric

10 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Im just picking Taylor till he's gone. Like I said he should have been off the board before.

Running back is going to be a hard sell around here. Not only is the position not valuable to most people, not only do we not need a RB or a RB2, but there isn't even a consensus top RB.

If you like production and game breaking speed then Taylor. If you like Shady McCoy type agility and finesse then Clyde Edwards-Helaire. If you like short compact bowling balls with elite acceleration then JK Dobbins(who I like because he grew up 20 minutes down the road in La Grange, TX)

And then the best all around RB of the bunch might be DeAndre Swift.

You are going to need people to get on board with a RB being the pick, and then get them to agree which one.

I predict them slipping on our board

Edited by DaBoys

1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

He has SOOO many miles on him though. He's not someone I would honestly draft before the third. Your usage is going to be a 2-3 year limit I feel.

Depends on how he's used though.

Emmitt by all accounts shouldn't have lasted as long as he did.

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Running back is going to be a hard sell around here. Not only is the position not valuable to most people, not only do we not need a RB or a RB2, but there isn't even a consensus top RB.

If you like production and game breaking speed then Taylor. If you like Shady McCoy type agility and finesse then Clyde Edwards-Helaire. If you like short compact bowling balls with elite acceleration then JK Dobbins(who I like because he grew up 20 minutes down the road in La Grange, TX)

And then the best all around RB of the bunch might be DeAndre Swift.

You are going to need people to get on board with a RB being the pick, and then get them to agree which one.

I predict them slipping on our board

We shouldn't have OT up there if that's the case. But like I said, even with his miles, Taylor is a proven bruiser who has good top end speed or elite if you go by combine standards. Guys like him don't come around that often. 

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

We shouldn't have OT up there if that's the case. But like I said, even with his miles, Taylor is a proven bruiser who has good top end speed or elite if you go by combine standards. Guys like him don't come around that often. 

There was some slipping for OT and WR due to saturation. But both of those positions are more valuable than RB. I don't think Andrew Thomas slips to 15 in most classes. 

Denzel Mims had ~ 3,000 receiving yards and 28 TDs over the last 3 seasons. He's 6 foot 3 207 pounds and ran a 4.38 with a 38.5 inch vertical.

And he's number #19!??

Lots of good OTs, someone good will fall. Lots of good WRs, someone will fall.

At least 4 very similarly rated fringe 1st round RBs. They will slip the farthest

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

There was some slipping for OT and WR due to saturation. But both of those positions are more valuable than RB. I don't think Andrew Thomas slips to 15 in most classes. 

Denzel Mims had ~ 3,000 receiving yards and 28 TDs over the last 3 seasons. He's 6 foot 3 207 pounds and ran a 4.38 with a 38.5 inch vertical.

And he's number #19!??

Lots of good OTs, someone good will fall. Lots of good WRs, someone will fall.

At least 4 very similarly rated fringe 1st round RBs. They will slip the farthest

Yea but fact is though we were still doing this board based on talent and yes while those positions are more commonly valuable then RB that does not mean Taylor deserves to drop. I think his talent outweighs his con's and positional value. I would have him at around 15 or so. Mims I think is the best WR in this class so he should have been off the board at 8 instead of Lamb. 

17 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea but fact is though we were still doing this board based on talent and yes while those positions are more commonly valuable then RB that does not mean Taylor deserves to drop. I think his talent outweighs his con's and positional value. I would have him at around 15 or so. Mims I think is the best WR in this class so he should have been off the board at 8 instead of Lamb. 

I think most people have Swift as RB1. I think JK Dobbins style is most suited for the NFL though

18 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

The man is coming in hot with these scorching takes. lol

• Like 1