Who Don't You Want at #30

Redt

3 hours ago, rthom348 said:

I mean I don't dislike the guy. It's just, I'm tired of seeing teams be more physical than us. That's always our Achilles heal. I want to bring in players that will punish other teams with a little more physicality. I acknowledge speed is ultra important as well. I just think we can get a guy with enough speed who also brings physicality to the team. I think Hamler could be a difference maker, but I do not believe he is worth a first round selection.

I get it about the physicality , I don’t think WR is the area to get that. 

53 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I get it about the physicality , I don’t think WR is the area to get that. 

I think it's important in every area. You can find speedy receivers who play with physicality. You can also find speedy receivers who can only do that. There are receivers in this draft that can have both. That's what I want, especially at #30. I don't want a one trick pony.

On 4/10/2020 at 8:10 PM, Redt said:

I'm certain a rookie WR can make an impact, Deebo looked pretty damn good last year and that same guy is available to us at #30, but who is it? I think Reagor is the closest comp and could offer difference making special teams ability at PR. Mims excelled at the Senior Bowl ala Deebo and fits all of the dimensions that Gutey seems to prefer. Jefferson is smooth, smart, and reliable which would make him  Rodgers  compatible. Honestly, I would be okay with any of these guys at #30, but I have no preference for position and want BPA at #30, obviously BPA is in the eye of the beholder, as is WPA.

I've watched enough Mims to know that he can flip outside and be a weapon.  He high points the ball well and uses that big body well out there.  

I think he helps us immediately as that would allow us to put Adams in the slot more.

I like that pairing.  I also like Jefferson better than Mims, better all around game, but Mims has that skillset that would work right away.

At this point my only no is KJ Hamler. Hate the body, especially in this draft. If we went WR at 30 I would hope it's because some guys slid due to the depth, which is realistic. Should be a handful of WRs going in the mid 20s, but if they all go, I'd rather get one in the 2/3. 

I haven't looked up a ton of stuff yet anyway. Austin Jackson has been mentioned a couple times but that might be my fav option so far. There are rumours that Isaiah Wilson (Andrew Thomas's teammate) is going to go really high, maybe higher than Thomas. Might push Austin Jackson back a bit with concerns about health after the surgery he had this year. Who knows

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I just said I don’t even care at 30th overall. You might have read that if you weren’t a Communist. 

So I'm curious about the validity of this position of yours because I think there might be something to it. 

The theory being basically that the premium players at the premium positions are gone by 20, so you either have the option of reaching for a flawed prospect at a premium position, or taking a premium prospect at a non-premium position.

That's my working theory. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So I'm curious about the validity of this position of yours because I think there might be something to it. 

The theory being basically that the premium players at the premium positions are gone by 20, so you either have the option of reaching for a flawed prospect at a premium position, or taking a premium prospect at a non-premium position.

That is what I have said my entire life.  24th/25th overall is the cutoff point about.  At that point, you take the best player available period.  Regardless of position.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

NE used to do that. Now it seems that even the top of the non-premiums are gone by the end of the first. Evolution.

Edited by cannondale