Who Don't You Want at #30

Redt

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

That is what I have said my entire life.  24th/25th overall is the cutoff point about.  At that point, you take the best player available period.  Regardless of position.  

Except no one does that and instead weighs bpa to varying degrees by need.

On 4/13/2020 at 9:31 AM, vegas492 said:

I've watched enough Mims to know that he can flip outside and be a weapon.  He high points the ball well and uses that big body well out there.  

I think he helps us immediately as that would allow us to put Adams in the slot more.

I like that pairing.  I also like Jefferson better than Mims, better all around game, but Mims has that skillset that would work right away.

Reports from Senior Bowl say Mims was rag dolling CB's and ran an advanced route tree. You can have toughness at any position and GB definitely needs more on offense. Love Mims and would not be disappointed at #30.

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

But they shouldn’t.  

I've apparently talked this thing in a circle before and I'm bad at putting thoughts to paper..

But players are on tiers not in a list of best-to-worst. So you can take BPA and still go to a position you need over a position you're stacked at. = BVA

How would you compare a RB to an ILB to a CB numerically?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redt said:

Reports from Senior Bowl say Mims was rag dolling CB's and ran an advanced route tree. You can have toughness at any position and GB definitely needs more on offense. Love Mims and would not be disappointed at #30.

Mims showed he can beat CBs up when he wants to but the fire isn't there all the time.

QB, RB, TE, IOL, S.

I’m fine with taking an ILB if it falls that way, maybe even prefer it to WR to some degree. You can’t get a do it all ILB easily but they seem to be the difference between a good and great defense. The best ones go before pick 50.

13 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

KJ Hamler.

If we took him at 30 I’d turn sour on the NFL.

A guy I know is begging for Hamler at #30.  Next Tyreke Hill he says.  Won't listen to reason that we don't draft WR's with that build.  Won't listen to the fact that for every Hill, there are multiple Tavon Austin's.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

A guy I know is begging for Hamler at #30.  Next Tyreke Hill he says.  Won't listen to reason that we don't draft WR's with that build.  Won't listen to the fact that for every Hill, there are multiple Tavon Austin's.  

That's specifically why I'm lukewarm on Hamler...

1 hour ago, Joe said:

That's specifically why I'm lukewarm on Hamler...

My issue with him is the round he is taken.  Like it's a hard no for the first and second round.  Third or later?  I'm down with that.  How do you feel about that...round vs. Hamler....?

Feeling like Hill was a 5'th rounder, though with a lot of baggage.  Not sure where he would have gone if his background was squeaky clean.  But...I don't think it was first round.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

My issue with him is the round he is taken.  Like it's a hard no for the first and second round.  Third or later?  I'm down with that.  How do you feel about that...round vs. Hamler....?

Feeling like Hill was a 5'th rounder, though with a lot of baggage.  Not sure where he would have gone if his background was squeaky clean.  But...I don't think it was first round.

If Hamler's at 94, I sprint to the podium....er computer?...I just worry he's a slightly slower Tavon Austin.

KJ Hill is solid value on Day 3. I saw some of his one-on-one's with CB's at the Sr. Bowl and jockstraps were all over the field. He's not a straight-line guy by any means, but his release was so crisp in the video I saw of him. He could easily carve a Wes Welker-esque niche at the next level and will probably force you to play man vs. zone if he's on the field IMHO.