Sleepers?

NYRaider

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

That's the very definition of a character CONCERN. And you better bet NFL teams will investigate it. We'll see if it affects his draft stock or not.

lol what? The accuser was literally texting him the next day and there was nothing to indicate that he did it. Nothing. There's a reason he got acquitted and it wasn't lack of proof lol. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

lol so teams should be concerned that he didn't do something. Got it.

Teams should be concerned that he was charged with rape and should investigate it. And I guarantee you they have. I have talked up Cephus and just included him in a Rams mock draft. You're barking up the wrong tree with this foolishness. I researched the case awhile ago when I was evaluating him. What you're not getting is that something can be both a character CONCERN and ultimately prove to be unfounded.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Teams should be concerned that he was charged with rape and should investigate it. And I guarantee you they have. I have talked up Cephus and just included him in a Rams mock draft. You're barking up the wrong tree with this foolishness. I researched the case awhile ago when I was evaluating him. What you're not getting is that something can be both a character CONCERN and ultimately prove to be unfounded.

Whatever you say, hoss. It's not a concern to me. He was tried and acquitted because there was nothing to it whatsoever. It never should've even gotten to court. There's nothing to indicate that he's a risk or a bad kid. Do you know how the Wisconsin program operates? If there was any concern whatsoever, he would've never been let back into school or back onto the team. We're talking goodie two shoes University. Quintez Cephus is far from a concern and unfounded claims shouldn't affect that.

Edited by beekay414

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

How is that a character concern? Did he actually rape someone? Do you guys know the full details of the case or are you just seeing the word "rape" and assuming? 

It would depend on the situation surrounding the accusation.  Teams will have legal experts dig into police reports, any testimony and any other legal documents to get a feel for the situation.  How much of a concern it would be would depend on what they uncover.  And whether he exhibited poor decision making by putting himself in a situation to be accused.

And yes, I am a lawyer.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

It would depend on the situation surrounding the accusation.  Teams will have legal experts dig into police reports, any testimony and any other legal documents to get a feel for the situation.  How much of a concern it would be would depend on what they uncover.  And whether he exhibited poor decision making by putting himself in a situation to be accused.

And yes, I am a lawyer.

I understand what they'd do, I'm just saying, the University would've never let him back in if there was any substance to it. LIS to jerry, there was no reason it should've ever gone to court. It was purely to grab headlines and try to cash in on his "celebrity." He had a threesome when all of them were drunk. One of the accusers was texting him the day after this happened and it was all sunshine and rainbows. Who texts their assaulter like that? There's a reason it was a quick jury.

That said, it's probably best if we all move on from this particular discussion.  This has the potential to get beyond what forum rules say is allowable.

I think an educated discussion on how different teams evaluate character concerns is perfectly fine.  But this is a delicate topic, so let's not go too far.

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

In other words, he may truly may be guilty or not. But catching a case is still catching a case. Especially one as such that was most likely a lot of stirring the pot from both sides.

• Like 2

Charlie Heck and Scott Frantz for tackle prospects out of North Carolina and Kansas State. Trey Adams used to have love, but apparently a lot of people have him as a 6/7/udfa guy now and I don't think his injuries deserve that big of a hit.

KJ Hill and Van Jefferson are better route runners than a lot of the guys ranked above them and route running stays in the league so I'd bet the two of them stay on rosters longer than many selected before them.

Josiah Degauria seems like a safe TE prospect that may not have unlimited receiving upside, but is well rounded to stay relevant and carve out a career.

Alton Robinson at edge rusher has some intriguing upside with some technique diversification development and most likely as a 3-4 OLB.

Alohi Gillman seems like a very Bill Belichick prospect with Naval Academy background, captain status, ST warrior and all around effort player.

13 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Charlie Heck and Scott Frantz for tackle prospects out of North Carolina and Kansas State. Trey Adams used to have love, but apparently a lot of people have him as a 6/7/udfa guy now and I don't think his injuries deserve that big of a hit.

I think Frantz goes undrafted for non-football reasons. Not that I'd agree as to why but I expect it.

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

What character concerns for Cephus? 

Even if he was found not guilty by the jury, teams are still going to consider that fact that charges were even filed (for second and third-degree sexual assault) to be character red flags that need(ed) further investigation.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 6:31 AM, goldfishwars said:

Quez Watkins [ WR ] Southern Mississippi – Rough time to be a small(er) school diamond in a deep receiver class, but Watkins is a blazer with a vertical threat\

This is my favorite sleeper.  Solid hands, the speed teams crave.  Not an every down player, but is a game changer.

• Like 1

My sleeper is S/ILB Khaleke Hudson from Michigan. He fits in the modern defense, broke the record for TFL in a single game, led the nation in blocked punts, ran a 4.5, and put up 30 reps on the bench. Could be a tone setter on special teams right away and develop into a “chess piece” on defense. Can blitz as well, had 8.5 sacks in 2017.

• Like 2