Sleepers?

NYRaider

Dalton Keene is someone I have been high on since the end of the season. He doesn’t have great straight line speed (4.71 at 6’4 253) but he is quick and was underutilized at VA Tech. He is an aggressive blocker and can be a good move TE in the league imo. I see shades of a less athletic Dawson Knox (another TE I was high on). He is a player who likely won’t turn it on until season 2 or 3. But I think once he does the potential is pretty strong.

• Like 2

Earnest Edward (WR; Maine)
    - Probably should have gotten a combine invite.  He's got legit 4.3 speed and is one of the top returners in the nation, so he'll get a look from a team on that basis alone.  But the guy has got great separation skills and production.  He's just undersized 5'91/2", 175 lbs.  If he played for an SEC team, he'd probably be being talked about as a Day 2 prospect even in this WR class.

Kirk Merritt (WR; Northern Arkansas)

- Anyone remember this guy from HS Recruiting spheres?  Originally committed to Oregon, had his ride there yanked.  Transferred to A&M, had his ride there yanked, too.  Both times were for "indecent exposure" arrests where he (how he thought this was a viable excuse I'll never know) chalked it up to "jock itch."  He was a SPARQ wunderkin coming out of high school and his routes are smooth as hell.  If he can keep his... well... literally you know... and you can actually say that about him in this case, he's got all the tools to hit the ground running and succeed in the league.

Jordan Mack (LB; Virginia)
Chris Livings (LB; McNeese St.)
Terence Steele (OT; Texas Tech)
   - Though I won't be surprised to see him got late Day 2/early Day 3.
Ladarius Hamilton (4-3 DE; North Texas)
Tre Hornbuckle (4-3 DE; Duke)
Rondell Carter (4-3 DE; James Madison)
Darius Moragne (5T; Kansas)
Aaron Patrick (EDGE; Eastern Kentucky)
Bryce Huff (EDGE; Memphis)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Kirk Merritt (WR; Northern Arkansas)

- Anyone remember this guy from HS Recruiting spheres?  Originally committed to Oregon, had his ride there yanked.  Transferred to A&M, had his ride there yanked, too.  Both times were for "indecent exposure" arrests where he (how he thought this was a viable excuse I'll never know) chalked it up to "jock itch."  He was a SPARQ wunderkin coming out of high school and his routes are smooth as hell.  If he can keep his... well... literally you know... and you can actually say that about him in this case, he's got all the tools to hit the ground running and succeed in the league.

I don't think he had two indecent exposure incidents that forced him to transfer both schools.  From my understanding he transferred from Oregon to Texas A&M due to the depth at WR and family reasons, as A&M was close to home in Louisiana.  There he was cited for two incidents of indecent exposure to two college tutors during the month of October, which were charged as two class B misdemeanors and no sexual misconduct.  Obviously the commonality between his incidents and Antonio Brown will not do him any favors on draft day. 

He ran low 4.4 40 in HS SPARQ, 43 power throw (the highest of the event), and posted a 45.8" vertical.  He is an absolute freak athlete with ball skills and great RAC/return ability as well. 

At Arkansas State he posted:  83 rec / 1,005 yd  / 7 TD in 2018 and 70 rec / 806 yd  / 12 TD in 2019.  

He went ahead and held a private pro day with measurements by former NFL scout Joe Cox.  It is all on video as well.  

Height: 5'11

Weight: 208

Hands: 10 1/4

Arms: 32 1/4

Bench: 23

40: 4.33

Shuttle: 4.05

3 cone: 7.12

Broad: 11’3

Vert: 45.5"

He is definitely a hidden gem and any team that can look past the character issues could be getting a very good WR in a loaded class.  Might be a guy the Chiefs try to target late in the draft, like Tyreek Hill. 

Edited by warsawian

25 minutes ago, warsawian said:

I don't think he had two indecent exposure incidents that forced him to transfer both schools.  From my understanding he transferred from Oregon to Texas A&M due to the depth at WR and family reasons, as A&M was close to home in Louisiana.  There he was cited for two incidents of indecent exposure to two college tutors during the month of October, which were charged as two class B misdemeanors and no sexual misconduct.  Obviously the commonality between his incidents and Antonio Brown will not do him any favors on draft day. 

He ran low 4.4 40 in HS SPARQ, 43 power throw (the highest of the event), and posted a 45.8" vertical.  He is an absolute freak athlete with ball skills and great RAC/return ability as well. 

At Arkansas State he posted:  83 rec / 1,005 yd  / 7 TD in 2018 and 70 rec / 806 yd  / 12 TD in 2019.  

He went ahead and held a private pro day with measurements by former NFL scout Joe Cox.  It is all on video as well.  

Height: 5'11

Weight: 208

Hands: 10 1/4

Arms: 32 1/4

Bench: 23

40: 4.33

Shuttle: 4.05

3 cone: 7.12

Broad: 11’3

Vert: 45.5"

He is definitely a hidden gem and any team that can look past the character issues could be getting a very good WR in a loaded class.  Might be a guy the Chiefs try to target late in the draft, like Tyreek Hill. 

I mean, I look at it this way - setting aside the size differences (which I get some teams and talent eval guys simply will not do) - anyone that's willing to look past Cephus' character concerns for his athletic profile on tape and production should be willing to do the same for Merritt.

On 4/10/2020 at 9:00 PM, mr fluffles said:

Davion Taylor, LB, Colorado: modern day linebacker with track speed and range in coverage. Loves to get physical too.  Might take a year but I think he could be a long term starter in the right scheme. 

This is a guy who has really caught my eye as a sleeper. He's an elite athlete at the LB position. Clearly needs to grow but that should come with experience. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The LBC said:

I mean, I look at it this way - setting aside the size differences (which I get some teams and talent eval guys simply will not do) - anyone that's willing to look past Cephus' character concerns for his athletic profile on tape and production should be willing to do the same for Merritt.

What character concerns for Cephus? 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

How is that a character concern? Did he actually rape someone? Do you guys know the full details of the case or are you just seeing the word "rape" and assuming? 

That's the very definition of a character CONCERN. And you better bet NFL teams will investigate it. We'll see if it affects his draft stock or not.

• Like 1