Build A City Mock Draft - Signup/Chat Thread (Filled, Draft Starts 4/14)

jcrell623

11 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

Dig it. While we’re on it maybe we can find a way to vote on who we think has the best shot in 3-5 years too? 

I definitely won’t be winning any of those lol but I know a lot of posters kept an eye toward the future too. Maybe a nice way to keep everyone invested? 

either way I’m ready to vote 

I imagined the playoff voting to not necessarily appoint who will win now, but rather the best drafted “franchise” for purposes of building a city/team for both now/future. Team fit, age/upside, and talent are all factors. 

I think voting already should capture your comments above, but we can also add some superlative voting too. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jcrell623 said:

I know I've presented this layout in this thread before but didn't tag everyone so they may have missed. Before I post a voting thread, I want to make sure all are generally okay with the plan to avoid any friction.

Again, the voting aspect is supposed to just be a fun way to culminate all of our hard work (lol) over the last month+. Regardless of voting outcomes, we are all the real winners (also lol).

@Heymangold @RaykwonDaChef @festiveonion @BillsGuy82 @I_GET_SAX @MikeT14 @djw4bucs @CHOMP_CHOMP @bcb1213 @kurgan @NickChowaniec

Summary:

Voting will be held for each sport.

For each league, we will have 4 "divisions" each with 3 teams based on draft order (i.e. Division 1 has the team that picked 1st, 5th, 9th, Division 2 is team that picked 2nd, 6th, 10th, and so on).

First we will have "regular season voting" where the 9 GMs not in that division vote for the division winner to advance to the playoffs. Given that everyone has different drafting strategies, each GM will have a chance to write an optional quick blurb advocating for their teams short-term and long-term success should they choose. 

After a 4 division winners are crowned, the "final four" will compete bracket-style and be voted on by the eliminated GMs.

Voting can either be by "liking" the post of each depth chart or can be sent to me via PM. Whatever you guys prefer.

Let me know if this works for everyone and I will post the Hockey voting now.

For those who haven't kept their rosters updated in the Roster Thread for hockey/other sports, would be super helpful if you could get your hockey done soon! thanks!

2 hours ago, kurgan said:

There could be an option for 'this year' and 'future'

I def tried to build some to 'win now' and some for later.

I think it’s one simple vote that tries to balance both. Basically who you’d want in a fantasy draft in Madden, 2k, etc lol

10 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

I really like the format. Explanations will be helpful, hope everyone does them. 

I just have one worry... some people openly said they knew very little or nothing about hockey. Other sports seem fine overall. I know I feel least confident in my baseball knowledge but I definitely feel confident enough to make a fair judgement.  

I hope all the explanations are enough to help those people determine a winner. Not sure how else to handle that type of situation.

I have no problem acknowledging that I have not watched hockey in years.  You could probably guess that from my roster construction.

I have no issue with recusing myself from hockey voting, if that is an option.  Or I can rely on the write-ups.