Build A City Mock Draft - Signup/Chat Thread (Filled, Draft Starts 4/14)

jcrell623

15 minutes ago, kurgan said:

I am OTC at 6:30.  Just wanted to let everyone know I intend to select a player even though there are tons of people that have been skipped.

Didn't want any hard feelings is all.

Everyone can skip if it is their time slot. We’re at the end 

@jcrell623... i think you need to explain the mechanics of how you want the voting thread to work.  Like, are we doing one division at a time??  Like "X" amount of time for Division A, B, C so on??  Or, it is a free for all once we all post our blurbs about our teams??  Also, do you want votes PM'ed??  Someone mentioned using a poll, and you could do it by division, and even then if other people outside the draft wanted to vote, they could see the blurbs/depth charts and vote.  IDK.. might mean we have a thread for each division/sport and keep it open for a set amount of time... or, have like all 4 divisions for hockey open for a week on each their own thread with a poll, and the ones at the end of the week (or 3 days) will 'win' the division.

Just some ideas to get it more organized....

7 minutes ago, kurgan said:

@jcrell623... i think you need to explain the mechanics of how you want the voting thread to work.  Like, are we doing one division at a time??  Like "X" amount of time for Division A, B, C so on??  Or, it is a free for all once we all post our blurbs about our teams??  Also, do you want votes PM'ed??  Someone mentioned using a poll, and you could do it by division, and even then if other people outside the draft wanted to vote, they could see the blurbs/depth charts and vote.  IDK.. might mean we have a thread for each division/sport and keep it open for a set amount of time... or, have like all 4 divisions for hockey open for a week on each their own thread with a poll, and the ones at the end of the week (or 3 days) will 'win' the division.

Just some ideas to get it more organized....

Agreed that those are the logistics that we need to work through. Here are my thoughts.

- the voting feature here would require we create different threads for each round of voting (4 sports x 7 rounds (4 divisions, 2 final four, and 1 finals) for 28 threads. I don't think that will work.

- voting should be limited to those in here on the simple fact that we will get different participants for different rounds/different sports, so its best to keep the voting panel the same throughout.

- voting via PM is easiest to keep track of and can add to the suspense so we don't know who wins until everyone votes

- We will give people a day or two for each sport should they choose to send in a message advocating for their team. we will have a voting deadline a few days later. each person will PM me their pick for the three division winners. so on and so forth for finals

3 minutes ago, kurgan said:

OK... sounds good.  I just want to make sure to spell it out.  Also, with dealines and times and whatnot, so there is no confusion.

yeah i am just posting the thread over the weekend because i am busier during the week. we will work through all this stuff in detail before starting

What team that you drafted were you most happy with? Least?

For me, I am verry happy about my NFL team. I think my defense is great, and my offense is led by a guy who doesn't make many mistakes, and a line that will keep him upright.

I think I could have done better than I did with my baseball team. I'm not sure what happened at the end there. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

For me, I am verry happy about my NFL team. I think my defense is great, and my offense is led by a guy who doesn't make many mistakes, and a line that will keep him upright.

I think I could have done better than I did with my baseball team. I'm not sure what happened at the end there. 

I'm pretty stoked about my football and baseball teams. Hockey too.

I like my basketball team but I waited a while and missed a few guys in the cornerstones I thought would be avail.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Your football team is juiced. Excellent drafting.

I'm honestly really happy with all my teams. Legitimately landed 5 of my top 20 players for MLB. I'll admit I know way less about the sport but think my NHL team takes the ship.
NFL and NBA teams are deep, albeit not perfect. I'm excited to see how the voting turns out

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

football and basketball for me.  I think I did real well in both.  In the NBA, I have a mix of young franchise players and vet leaders that will do real well.  Football, I love my Defense and think my offense is boring but will do enough to win games.

I like my baseball team b/c its different, but I think we can win games as well.  Hockey is what it is.  I haven't really watched in 6-8 years, and it shows.

• Like 1